+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guy took me on date and talked about other chicks the whole time???

I didn't realize that sleep overs where so skewed. Cuddling is not an option? I mean I understand men are horny but you can't control your mind and your penis for just cuddling, weird.

Listen: Guys who are confident and have an abundance mentality know enough to make it clear from the start that they don't want to be put on the friends ladder. You taking him to your bed and expecting him to just cuddle would be very emasculating to anyone who wanted to be more than your cuddle bitch. Seems that You think like a woman and you expect a guy to think the same way when they just don't... at least not any guy that you'd actually find attractive would think like a girl.
    I didn't realize that sleep overs where so skewed. Cuddling is not an option? I mean I understand men are horny but you can't control your mind and your penis for just cuddling, weird.
    Cuddling with and sleeping with (sans sex) are two completely different things.

I tell men and women on here all the time to keep a bed to sleep alone in or to have sex in or to share with someone they've already had sex with. Anything else and the guy has a far higher chance of being viewed as only a friend, an emotional tampon, a real live teddy bear and less chance of being a lover.

You may be a "9" but it means sweet bugger all if you're not successful in your dating endevours. Having personal boundaries in place and not crossing them or letting anyone else cross them is very important in being successful in one's dating goals.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 10-11-11 at 05:14 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

sadie_genie Guest
    Sounds like the guy have issues. Just cut him loose. It sucks you have to work with him. Probably wasn't a good idea to date a co-worker.

Ya I never recommend dating people you work with. When things don't work out you still have to see them everyday, it can become a hostile work environment. It could even lead to you leaving your job or possibly getting fired. It's always best to keep your private life separate from your professional life.

I agree keeping it separate is best. The dude texted me at 1:30 and then called me and left a vm apologizing. Little late for that one.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeziix View Post
    I agree keeping it separate is best. The dude texted me at 1:30 and then called me and left a vm apologizing. Little late for that one.
    I know these bastards! They will play hot and cold. Apologize and then go back to being an asshole.

sadie_genie Guest
    The word "bastards" didn't get censored. Yay.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hate to point out the obvious, but next time, wait until he drops you off at home before telling him you aren't interested.

(I don't have a problem with him paying for your dinner, either.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Seems the obvious needs to be pointed out because it's not so obvious to some.

Ever stop to think that he realizes he has to work with you and apologizing so that you don't cause any more drama then necessary at the work force is a pretty good idea?

Get over it. You need to work together and there is absolutely no reason for this to be awkward and bullshitty if you don't let it.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

The guy seems a little passive/aggressive......he seems very impulsive with his comments about women and then finds himself apologizing....a real winner.

I'd apologize too to avoid the uber drama while at work. Nothing wrong with him saying he's sorry if he thought he offended someone. Apologizing has got nothing to do with being passive aggressive. I agree that he's definately not a winner, though.

There is a cliche that is a cliche for a reason - "don't dip your pen in company ink." Dating co-workers can lead to very messy situations such as this one.

The fact that you are so shocked that a guy would think you wanted to have a little action when you invited him into your bed to stay over strikes a bit of a naive tone to me. Just keep in mind that if you are going to ask someone to sleep in your bed but not have sex, you have to be upfront and say "no sex" before you get into bed.

And I think what people were curious about was that you said that he tried to "molest" you but then you went out with him again. Most people would have just stopped dating someone after the initial difficulty with the "molestation."

Just try to take the high road on this. Accept his apology graciously and let him know that you hope it doesn't effect your working relationship. And then just leave it at that.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Since you do not seem to be a man, you would not understand about men's hormones, and how men react to women's pheromones. So it is weird to you.

I know these bastards! They will play hot and cold. Apologize and then go back to being an asshole.
    Exactly. Avoid this type. As if this thread didn't explain that concept clear enough.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12