+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are girls expected to do stuff for valentines day?

Why is everyone so quick to just say 'dump them'. No wonder relationships don't last these days. A few hiccups and people are outta there.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it's a good idea to dump them before you marry them, rather than after. It's much easier that way.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    Why is everyone so quick to just say 'dump them'. No wonder relationships don't last these days. A few hiccups and people are outta there.
    Bad relationships shouldn't last.

And if you're coming here for help, chances are you're not in a good one. That's why you come here.

Yes but we are also here to lend advice and help them try to fix it. Not every situation needs a 'dump them' type response. What if this person doesn't have good communication skills and that follows through to every relationship she has in life?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    Yes but we are also here to lend advice and help them try to fix it. Not every situation needs a 'dump them' type response. What if this person doesn't have good communication skills and that follows through to every relationship she has in life?
    Then we help fix that, too.

But wondering if I should? Do girls usually do anything?
    If girls want to be taken seriously, and be seen as liberated, they should do something for V Day, and other holidays, and regular dates. The girls will need to take the initiative a lot more, starting in high school, and be consistent about it. If the guy is the only one to take the girl out for dinner, girls will be seen as sexist cheapskates. If you are not a cheapskate, then this does not apply to you.

"A guy has to pay for dinner because he's the guy." Yep, that's sexist all right. It's like saying "The woman has to be in the kitchen and make me a sammich because she's the woman." Yep, that's sexist too. Get up and make your own darn sammich. What I'm trying to explain is where guys get some of their sexist ideas. I think one reason is it starts in high school with the girls never paying for a date. And that makes girls look bad.

Did you know that sexist jokes against girls are still going around high schools these days? Because girls act sexist. (My son told me a few the other day.) Most girls don't pay for dates, don't buy random gifts for their boyfriends. And guys judge the girls based on how the majority act. So my advice for the girls is: stop acting so sexist. Pay for a date sometimes, for Pete's sake.

A few girls to plan dates, and pay for dinner. I'm referring to the majority, which give guys their initial impression of how girls are. This is bad because this impression lasts for decades.
    Last edited by bulrush; 16-02-12 at 08:26 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12