+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girlfriend Help

i'm a guy in the same situation as you. Not quite as far down the line as far as how long we've been dating but i understand with perfect clarity what your saying. Holly316 gave the best advice and answered exactly how you asked people to. Some of the others had some ok points but incorporated alot of hating haha. i was gonna respond to your question but Holly316 hit the nail on the head and all the others don't quite understand your situation. just hoping my perspective on the others comments helps you know that you're not a dick for having the thoughts you have.

I think that to be in a happy relationship with someone you must love them and be attracted to them AT LEAST. If you are lucky enough to actually be in love with them, then both of those things are a given. Seems like it's not your case, since you are not attracted to her. So, I also think you should break up. Why stay with her while you fantasize over other girls? It's not right for you and especially for her.

Instead of thinking of ways to make her prettier so you can find her attractive again, why not find out the reason why she doesn't maintain her looks. Usually when someone starts to not really care, it means something isn't right with them, whether they are suffering from depression, unhappy with their relationship or are having a hard time dealing with stress. The best way to approach this is through communication and not a gift card to a salon. Ask her on a real personal level how she feels about her life, her schooling, your relationship, her phyical and mental health, etc. I don't think encouraging her to practise better beauty tips is your answer.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Mike, you sound like a doink who cares way too much what other people think. Are her looks the only thing you find attractive about her? A hot-looking partner is the most trivial thing to find out there. As you point out yourself, it is just so easy to do. Maybe your GF is thinking about more interesting things? Like finding a more interesting, less shallow BF?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

sadie_genie Guest
    Be grateful she isn't shallow and puts layers of makeup on because then, you would have plenty of more competition.

Do you really want to marry her?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12