+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To you "girl magnets" out there.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I'm sorry but it is simply a fact that more men are abusive, whether emotional or physical, than women. It is in the very nature of biology and their development, and also has a lot to do with the way we raised former generations. For instance, hearing about a physically abusive father is, compared to a physically abusive mother, very common. This is all i meant to imply by my statement, as you very well know if you cared to read the context (mother/father role). Picking one point and inflating it to defend yourself is a bit weak imo.
    There is no point in talking experience to the inexperienced.

Word. On the other hand, when does one learn if not through confrontation and discussion.

[Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    you derive your happiness from within rather than without, all of which are things that women lack and want badly from men.]

Women AND men both have an emotional need to partner with someone they can feel connected with. Everyone is looking for this happiness or fulfillment, maybe more so than others, but everyone is different.....some get it from money, love whatever. It's not about lacking happiness, it's in everyone's genetic code to look for a mate so that the human race can continue.....simple as that.

LOL op you sound a little bitter...Ive had some good looking girlfriends, but their personality lets them down.....Atm Im trying to find a happy medium....Its difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    There is little in the way of erroneousness in my statement, one thing I should have written was prolly "most" before "women", this way you'd have taken less offence.
    I agree. However: No offence taken.

Now down to the nitty gritty:

1. Women go to clubs to get their emotional state from the ambient lights, music, etc., be stimulated by the emotional atmosphere, they can be quite hooked on this. I know a lot of my female friends do this, and have described it this way. I know virtually no male who has such feelings, but maybe I still get to meet one.
    I do believe that men get that same emotional response. I would think that the reason you have not met a man that would TELL you that he gets that emotional response because that is not something that many (most?) men would divulge to another. However, male friends will divulge to their female friends (and they have).

2. Women decorate their flats/rooms, choose colours, decorations, accessories. They get their emotional state from their environments, in the sense that if there is something dirty around, they feel dirty themselves.
    this is another generaliztion. There certainly are men who feel the same way and get abolutely dissaraied metnally when their homes are not in some semblance of order.
    I think you women on here will agree (e.g. like when men do not take garbage out).
    No one likes the stink of rotting food.
    Therefore, women's places are usually "cute", pleasant, soothing, calming...Men do not feel that way. Men can live in a pigsty and be happy. Why? Cause they depend less on the outside environment for their emotional state.
    Yet another gross generalization. We know of several men who are single and they keep their homes and their own appearance impeccable. (no they are not metro-sexuals (although one certainly is). Their homes may not be "cute" by that has nothing to do with anything other than conditioning while growing up. Pink for girls, blue for boys and all.

3. Women flee social situations where the emotional vibe changes to awkward. Actually, there is nothing women seem to abhor more than social awkwardness (cause it causes them to feel awkward themselves). This is by no means an "erroneous generalisation", but an established fact. Again, I am pretty sure, women here will agree.
    Not all women flee and not all men stay when a social situation turns awkward. If they did then there certainly wouldn't be female reporters or female marriage councellors as a couple of examples.

Men do not do such things. Men's emotional state is less dependent on the environment.
    Again, you are mistaken. Many (most) men will do a flee while protecting the sensibilities of their female mate. Least that my experience thus far.

4. Therefore, because women's emotional state is more dependent on the outside than men's, in general terms and there are always exceptions, if you're a man with rocksolid mental state, you're happy, stable, and your moods do not swing much, you will be for her a beacon of stability in which she can trust.
    That would certainly go for the opposite as well. I'm sure men look for the same qualities in a mate (I find that when they don't, that is when the relationship rarely lasts.
    She will feel your stable happiness, her mirror neurons will pick up on this and she will start feeling stable and happy herself.
    Same for the opposite. We are magnets. We draw to us what we put out.
    This is something that women go crazy about, in my experience so far and the experience of other men and women I have talked to so far.
    I wouldn't argue that point. I'll just add that men (who are smart enough and with self worth that isn't gleaned from thier ability to "pull" usually are drawn to that type of person as well.

This is what the OP asked about

Now, all of you who feel you have to police this thread lest "politically incorrect" information be provided, what is wrong with the above?
    see above.

Really! and Cheers.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 15-03-12 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    There is no point in talking experience to the inexperienced.
    My point exactly, thanks smackie. Other than, maybe us more experienced men feel the need to pass some knowledge to the up-and-coming... ;-)

[Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    you derive your happiness from within rather than without, all of which are things that women lack and want badly from men.]

Women AND men both have an emotional need to partner with someone they can feel connected with. Everyone is looking for this happiness or fulfillment, maybe more so than others, but everyone is different.....some get it from money, love whatever. It's not about lacking happiness, it's in everyone's genetic code to look for a mate so that the human race can continue.....simple as that.
    Your statement here is irrelevant to the thread and OP's question. Let me remind you: it was about what it looks like and how it feels to be very attractive to females, so that, ideally, they pursue the man.

While what you have written is true in that we all have an emotional need to partner, this is not what this thread is about. Go back and read OP's question.

And in the context of OP's question, NO, it is not true that everyone is different. Heterosexual men will go after women, sexually, who display the requisite hip-to-waist ration, have big eyer, nice skin, etc.

Women will go after the men I described in my previous statement. They will pursue such men, rather than other categories.

What you have written here belongs in another thread.

My point exactly, thanks smackie. Other than, maybe us more experienced men feel the need to pass some knowledge to the up-and-coming... ;-)
    Yeah no one likes having their post flammed......LOL

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    It is in a way, since a tendency to violence is a built-in function of the male hormone, for instance. I'm not going into details here, just saying there is a background to this and it's fairly common knowledge, I'm not talking about unicorns and fairies here.
    No, it isn't. You're spreading mis-information and old wives tales. It's not your fault you (like most others) don't know any better.

1. Women go to clubs to get their emotional state from the ambient lights, music, etc., be stimulated by the emotional atmosphere, they can be quite hooked on this. I know a lot of my female friends do this, and have described it this way. I know virtually no male who has such feelings, but maybe I still get to meet one.
    Guys go to Heavy Metal concerts and get a emotional high from the music along with the stage show (lights and pyrotechincs). The head thrashing and devil hand signs raised in the air is an indication they are hooked on the atmosphere....a lot of my male friends have gone to over 200 of these shows.

[/QUOTE] 2. Women decorate their flats/rooms, choose colours, decorations, accessories. They get their emotional state from their environments, in the sense that if there is something dirty around, they feel dirty themselves. I think you women on here will agree (e.g. like when men do not take garbage out). Therefore, women's places are usually "cute", pleasant, soothing, calming...Men do not feel that way. Men can live in a pigsty and be happy. Why? Cause they depend less on the outside environment for their emotional state. [/QOUTE]

Well you better tell all those men out there that have "man caves". Men may not have "cute" decorating, but they do surround themselves with things that make them feel emotionally comfortable and happy.....It will look different but they will have their signed football nicely displayed in a case to their beers from all over the world collection in the bookcase. I've seen garages converted into the most amazing man rooms with 100" flat screen, beautiful modern cabinets, with glass tile back splash, leather furniture. And don't say men don't care because my husband just spend 4000 on a tool shed that looks like a damn show home.

I know women who live worse than a pig does. So it's not gender restricted like you say. It's totally personality differences.

[/QOUTE] 3. Women flee social situations where the emotional vibe changes to awkward. Actually, there is nothing women seem to abhor more than social awkwardness (cause it causes them to feel awkward themselves). This is by no means an "erroneous generalisation", but an established fact. Again, I am pretty sure, women here will agree.

Men do not do such things. Men's emotional state is less dependent on the environment.

[/QUOTE]

Again this is not restricted to gender, it depends on the individuals personality.

As for #4. Girls go crazy for unstable, bad boy, trouble making losers. Well again it depends on the type of girl that goes for that type. Too stable for some girls who like drama get bored and go find someone who they can cause trouble with.

God help them......

I seriously doubt any "girl magnets" are signed up on the Love forum. Ha!

Yup.....what problem would they ever have? If something doesn't work out, there is another that will take her place lol.

Yup.....what problem would they ever have? If something doesn't work out, there is another that will take her place lol.
    hahahaha... you are right again, I never thought I'd say this twice to you... there is some wisdom there after all ;-)

It's not wisdom....just common sense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast