+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I slept with my best friend and I don't want it to be awkward!

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Of course they are easier! That's because you can always fall back on your sexuality/flirting when your personality is lacking.

yes, they do, or you are indescribably ugly.
    I laughed like hell .. lolzzz

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by cast no shadow View Post
    And no, non of my guy-friends wants to sleep with me
    That's so cute.

Humm.. Well.. I don't know, maybe I am THAT ugly, but I think there are uglier somewhere out there..
    So, if you are so sure about that, why won't non of them flirt or try?
    Most of them set with me in situation where they could "take advantage" of it (like after a break-up) but they never tried..

Why is it so hard to believe that a man and a woman can JUST BE FRIENDS?!

How close is it too close for it to be believable?
    http://nocastnoshadow.blogspot.com/

Funny thing about the internet is that I rarely see someone describe themselves as not very good looking or maybe average. Thing is, if you go to a concert or a sporting event, the mall or Walmart, most people are just average looking, or less. There must be something to this.

Is it the I'm not a 'fat girl/guy', I'm a 'plus size' woman/'big' guy mentality of the US, or is average the new hot?
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Well I never said I'm gorgeous.. I'm a normal looking girl.
    I think that people here just said the THE ONLY way you guy-friend wouldn't want to sleep with you is if your very ugly.
    http://nocastnoshadow.blogspot.com/

THis is such a cliche. I know tons of women who are nothing at all like this. You must not be looking very hard, and probably because you LIKE the attention you are getting from the boys..
    Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I agree, it's definitely a cliché. OP, you aren't as unique and strange as you think :-).

I never said I'm unique or strange. Ever. I know there are tons of girls out there like that (I talk to a lot of them online), but it's hard to find them where I live, I live in a small island in Europe where pretty much everyone is the same, all my friends agree with me, there's not a lot of diversity. I do know girls like me in some ways, but there's reasons we don't hang much. The one girl never has time, work, school, bf... The other one is always getting high and that's not my kinda crowd. etc... I have lived in other places, and I do know that people like me exist, I'm not denying that.

And no, it's not about attention from boys, they're just fun to hang around that's all. Same stuff in common etc... And in all honesty, I have a hard time making friends, up until 2-3 years ago, I didn't really have many friends, I had social phobia disorder and I had to go to therapy for it, and right now, even the friends I do have, I'm not close with a lot of them, two I can say are best friends, and another 3-4 that I hang with sometimes and that's about it. The rest are more 'acquaintances' that I hang with in group outings.

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    Funny thing about the internet is that I rarely see someone describe themselves as not very good looking or maybe average. Thing is, if you go to a concert or a sporting event, the mall or Walmart, most people are just average looking, or less. There must be something to this.

Is it the I'm not a 'fat girl/guy', I'm a 'plus size' woman/'big' guy mentality of the US, or is average the new hot?

I don't think I'm amazing looking at all, sometimes I think I look great, sometimes I think I look hideous. Depends on the day or hair or whatever. I don't go round telling people I look amazing online, that's just stupid. IMO.

I think you should get some girl friends and quit pretending all these guys are your buddies. Unless you are so unattractive you should be wearing a bag on your head, they ALL want to have sex with you, so this scenario (or something equivalent) is likely to occur again.
    Of course they are easier! That's because you can always fall back on your sexuality/flirting when your personality is lacking.

yes, they do, or you are indescribably ugly.
    Actually, I think there are guys that would have a friendship with a girl and not sleep with her.
    My other best friend is a guy too, I've known him for 6 years now. We always do everything together so naturally people we know assumed maybe I like him as I'm always around him and stuff. He brought it up and asked me, and said if I did it would make things awkward and ruin the friendship as he doesn't see me that way. Maybe cause when we met he started dating a girl soon after and was with her for 3 years and so didn't see me that way. And he says I'm not his type. Also when he talks about girls (which he does openly) I know which one's he'd do and won't and in our friend group, there's lots of girls he'd never get with, but he considers them good friends, but they're not his type, not ugly or anything, just he wouldn't sleep with them. So I think it's possible. But I don't know, maybe it's just him like that.

Quote Originally Posted by broken-hearted View Post
    Actually, I think there are guys that would have a friendship with a girl and not sleep with her.
    My other best friend is a guy too, I've known him for 6 years now. We always do everything together so naturally people we know assumed maybe I like him as I'm always around him and stuff. He brought it up and asked me, and said if I did it would make things awkward and ruin the friendship as he doesn't see me that way. Maybe cause when we met he started dating a girl soon after and was with her for 3 years and so didn't see me that way. And he says I'm not his type. Also when he talks about girls (which he does openly) I know which one's he'd do and won't and in our friend group, there's lots of girls he'd never get with, but he considers them good friends, but they're not his type, not ugly or anything, just he wouldn't sleep with them. So I think it's possible. But I don't know, maybe it's just him like that.
    u must live in the gay capital of the world (:

... lolz ...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only one who will make this awkward is you.

He's feeling like 'yes, I finally got to do this girl after all this time'. The alcohol is just an excuse. You wanted to do this, but you were hoping for a next day that was something closer to 'Babe, that was amazing, I love you, lets be together', than his 'don't tell anyone'.

Sucks, doesn't it? Thing is, you have to make your choices for your own reasons. Don't ever assume you know what someone elses motivation is, even if they tell you outright. If you wanted to have sex with this guy, then congratulations, you got what you wanted. If you wanted this to be the beginning of a relationship, I think you know you have gone about it the wrong way. People respect what you *don't* do as much as what you do.

Think about it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The only one who will make this awkward is you.

He's feeling like 'yes, I finally got to do this girl after all this time'. The alcohol is just an excuse. You wanted to do this, but you were hoping for a next day that was something closer to 'Babe, that was amazing, I love you, lets be together', than his 'don't tell anyone'.

Sucks, doesn't it? Thing is, you have to make your choices for your own reasons. Don't ever assume you know what someone elses motivation is, even if they tell you outright. If you wanted to have sex with this guy, then congratulations, you got what you wanted. If you wanted this to be the beginning of a relationship, I think you know you have gone about it the wrong way. People respect what you *don't* do as much as what you do.

Think about it.
    Yeah, I knew it would be that way as most guys are like that and when we talked after it and he said that he never wanted anything with me ever (he asked if I had liked him) and I guessed he only said it so I didn't think it meant something and to expect something out of it.

I can't say it sucks, whatever, I knew he didn't want anything so I went in knowing what would happen, stupidly cause I feel like I've lost respect for my body even though I did want him. I did not expect a relationship nor would I have a relationship with someone after just having sex with them. That's weird. I suppose even though I shouldn't have done this, I got what I wanted in a way.

And I suppose if the opportunity recurred, a part of me would want to again, but the better part of me would kick in and say, don't go down that path, that's not you. You may want it, but it's not the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post

most people that have the internet are usually pretty. ugly people generally cant afford it and usually live in a trailer.

edit.. i just seen you are talking about the US. i agree. most people there are fat and ugly. carry on

Quote Originally Posted by broken-hearted View Post

And he says I'm not his type. Also when he talks about girls (which he does openly) I know which one's he'd do and won't and in our friend group, there's lots of girls he'd never get with, but he considers them good friends, but they're not his type, not ugly or anything, just he wouldn't sleep with them. So I think it's possible. But I don't know, maybe it's just him like that.
    Same here, I have a couple close guy friends just like what you wrote above. Most people on this forum seem to agree that friendship between a man and a woman can't exist. I'm from Europe too, maybe it's actually a cultural difference, I don't know. Can't explain it otherwise..!

Anyway, I also think you shouldn't have slept with your friend if you knew that he didn't/doesn't have feelings for you - unless you just wanted sex with no strings attached as well (there's nothing wrong with that).
    Last edited by searock; 05-06-12 at 04:53 AM.

(there's nothing wrong with that).
    if that were true, this thread wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    He's feeling like 'yes, I finally got to do this girl after all this time'.
    Let's face it, if there weren't girls like broken-hearted and searock around, the friend angle would never work.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast