+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: People are just organic machines

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you have any of your own ideas, or just vomiting those of others?

So. We are machines. So what?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by uri View Post
    No, not at all. I'm already 21 years old and not a college student. I don't have money for college. All my knowledge comes from books, Wikipedia and self-education.
    Lol!! Someone please close this thread..... This says enough. No need to explain to the OP

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Do you have any of your own ideas, or just vomiting those of others?
    So I pretty much contradicted what you said earlier but you are probably just too stupid to understand anything.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Uri - I'm many things, but definitely not stupid. I've forgotten more than you will likely ever know. There's not a single original idea in your posts. 'F' for your lack of integrating your research.

Anyway, this is a Love Forum. There are other forums if you want to discuss these subjects. They will eat you alive in your current state, so I suggest lurking for a while. You don't even know what you don't know.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Uri - I'm many things, but definitely not stupid. I've forgotten more than you will likely ever know.
    I bet I know far more than you will ever know. And based on your comments you are not only stupid but you are a ****ing retard as well.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay, if you say so. Shrug.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is right, and made pretty much the same point I did.

Your assertion, true or false, makes no difference.

Our understanding of biology and chemistry are as primitive as our understanding of physics. We can manipulate all three, to great extents, but still don't understand what it is that we are manipulating. We have no clue how life begins. We have no clue what really bonds atomic structures together, other than "energy", which we also have no clue what it really is. Physics is the same way. We can recreate the nuclear process of the sun, but we have don't understand the most fundamental pieces of it. Read enough books on these topic(and I have), and you start to realize that no one really knows what the **** is going on. All they can really tell you, is what they don't know.

Have you ever thought of the universe as a mind? Anyway, carry on, but do try to think for yourself.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Try this site to start. Good luck.

http://www.secularcafe.org/
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Have you ever thought of the universe as a mind?
    The universe is not a mind in my opinion, whatever the word "mind" is even supposed to mean. The universe is too complex to describe it with one word or even with several words.

I believe that everything can be explained by the laws of physics because everything is really governed by physics but the problem is that our understanding of physics is still very stone-age-like because our society is still quite primitive.

The main problem is that the ultra-reactionary scientific beaurocrats want to preserve the "status quo" and enforce obedience by not allowing very bright independent thinkers from publishing their own theories and by doing so they stop the advancement and betterment of science.

For example chronic pain is one example of the least understood things which I think advancements in physics will really help shine a light on. When you cut yourself with a very sharp metallic knife in the foot you immediately start to feel a very strong burning pain and the area begins to inflame, bleed and swell.

Advancements in pain physics will really help shine a new light on why pain has to be so painful.
    Last edited by uri; 05-09-12 at 08:08 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by uri View Post
    The universe is not a mind in my opinion, whatever the word "mind" is even supposed to mean. The universe is too complex to describe it with one word.
    You mean like the word... universe? Its an interesting word actually.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Pain is mental....why does our brain translate this sensation into something that doesn't feel good or is uncomfortable...I don't know...

I have heard that James Brown was a sex machine. Does that count?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Does that satisfy your pseudointellectual hunger for metaphysical discussion?
    But there is nothing metaphysical about this at all.

I believe that genetics has everything to do with how successful we are in attracting beautiful women. I mean if genetics determines how resilient, strong and healthy someone is then why according to your logic does it not control how successful you will be with beautiful women?

I mean genetics also controls how beautiful you will turn out as well as how healthy and strong you will turn out to be.

Evolution is the largest thing and is also the definition of life.

But what is evolution really? The changes of a species for an increment of time? Or could their be something much larger going on?

Also what defines life and consciousness?
    Are trees conscious? probably not. Is a sea squirt still alive after it eats its own brain? Probably not too.

Are we really that much more complicated than a rock? I think not.
    Last edited by uri; 21-04-13 at 05:42 PM.

Good questions to ask.

I think while we are aware of our own "programming" we are not as aware as we think we are.

School is what people are programmed with, and later its just TV, news etc. Everything to make people "fit" in gray society, pay taxes and dont break the system. Very few of us went for our dreams and become what we really wanted before get programmed. The rest is just zombies.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast