+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You know what the suckiest thing about being dumped is?

I am exactly the same way. I can never stay friends, I think it is a joke. But, No Contact doesn't preclude you from talking forever. If in a couple of years you stroll back into town and decide to look her up, you never know what will happen...

Don't be worried about her being angry...if she dumped you she has no call to legislate how you deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cycletease
    I am exactly the same way. I can never stay friends, I think it is a joke. But, No Contact doesn't preclude you from talking forever. If in a couple of years you stroll back into town and decide to look her up, you never know what will happen...

Don't be worried about her being angry...if she dumped you she has no call to legislate how you deal with it.
    Yeah you're right. I broke off my no contact rule already three different times because I was worried about her being mad at me (well at least in part, other parts of me missed her, and still other parts wanted to be around in case she changed her mind). This time it will have to stick.

And you're right, you never know what'll happen, but right now she's with another guy and it doesn't seem likely she'll leave him even though she still loves me... *shrug*

Thanks for your great advice cycle!

...other guys tend to not work out...

Everyone breaks No Contact, that is par for the course. Don't stress it, leave her alone. When the thing with this guy doesn't work out she will be spending a lot of time thinking about you, I suspect. Chin up, make plans, you are going to be just fine!

Truly you are wise! Thanks!

The worst thing for me is random memories, stupid things mostly, triggered off when im doing something totally unrelated......?

What people like us need is closure, and the question we should be asking is how do we get it!

.....**** knows

While generally people want closure from others, I believe that you need to provide it for yourself. There are several books on the subject and the point is that closure is not something that the other provides but something within ourselves. We can tell ourselves that it is ok, that this is just how it is and know that we cannot change it and move on.

I think it is truly the desire to not give up hope that keeps us driving to contact the other. I think that if you resign yourself that it is much easier to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by toto
    The worst thing for me is random memories, stupid things mostly, triggered off when im doing something totally unrelated......?
    Oy, I really know how this is. Freakin' EVERYTHING reminds me of her. I mean everything. But I keep telling myself that time will heal all. Eventually I'll be able to look at things without being reminded of her. I've just got to give it time. And it's the same for you.

oh man that does suck. especially when you have to see it. yuck.

no contact policy sucks ( just a personal opinion)

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

For me the suckiest thing is that there will be one day when I would forget all the pain (or you may say heal the wounds, whatever) and might be able to talk with ex as if nothing happened. I know, time changes things, we all move forward but it sucks to think that maybe one day am gonna just be friend with her. And then she might say that "hey see i told u we can be friends".. well that sucks..It is like I would be traitorous to myself by forgetting what all I went through during those times..

Quote Originally Posted by confusedsoul
    For me the suckiest thing is that there will be one day when I would forget all the pain (or you may say heal the wounds, whatever) and might be able to talk with ex as if nothing happened. I know, time changes things, we all move forward but it sucks to think that maybe one day am gonna just be friend with her. And then she might say that "hey see i told u we can be friends".. well that sucks..It is like I would be traitorous to myself by forgetting what all I went through during those times..
    Oh yeah, I'm right there with ya on this one too! Sucks.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I disagree, I would think the suckiest thing is that you were the dumpee and the feeling of inferiority that goes along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    I disagree, I would think the suckiest thing is that you were the dumpee and the feeling of inferiority that goes along with it.
    Do you feel inferior after being dumped?? I don't. Just all kindsa bummed.

Yup

It sure does suck. The best thing you can do is move on....for now. I'm in the same boat. Do things for yourself to improve upon yourself. If you focus your time and energy into you, you'll find that life is not nearly as bad as you think.
    Good luck
    Snowman

Sighhh I'm in the same boat too. I think this boat is getting too heavy and sinking us all. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH . I broke no contact too .. Oh yeah and I was there feeling traitorous to myself for forgiving her so easily tooo. She even said " Come on be a man ... get over me " ... Mean ******* . Making me go through **** ....

Expletives are good for your soul @#$&*&%$#*^%(&(*(*&(*&(

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast