+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Should I Do?

Stick to your guns. Ignore all contact from her, no matter how bad she tells you things are, and you should probably block her number and other contact info. That display was just her histrionic way of trying to get you to stay, and there will probably be more coming.

Typical behaviour from a manipulator. See how she made it all about her? The 'can't go on without you' bullsh!t, she will be fine, it is just mental games she's playing to keep you in check.
    Hold that anger, as that is what will get you through.

Now, start seeing your mates again and enjoy not having to worry about what she's doing!
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    You sound miserable and deserve better. I'm sure, by the sounds of it, you can do much better. Don't hold on to people who only bring you down. If she's not making you feel fufilled and happy in most aspects, then she's not right for you.
    This^. I wouldn't go so far as to call anyone shitty (not my style) but its clear to an outsider that she's not a good fit for you. She sounds entitled, lazy, manipulative and no fun. The reasons for her behaviour (depression, etc.) are irrelevant. You will be miserable if you stay with her and you know it. Remember: people don't fundamentally change. Relationships are WYSIWYG. People who think otherwise are in denial.

Do what's needful. Break up with her. Maybe it will be the kick in the pants she needs to change. Or not. Not your problem, really.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

thanks for all this feedback/support. i just got home from a catch-up with sum mates and started feeling pretty lonely being by myself again, but reading these comments really helps keep perspective - thank you!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12