+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend texting another woman

Thanks iaman - but your earlier post suggesting it's a woman's fault if she gets cheated on, and we're still stuck in the 1950s doesn't strike me as very enlightened or perceptive approach so I'm not likely to take anything you say as gospel.

Yes, when you are married you can't really be close friends with people of the opposite sex. I do not believe men and women can ever be "just friends". Someone always likes someone...or at least wants to have sex with the other person. Your BF prob. has some kind on emotional and/or physical attraction to this old friend, but that doesn't really mean anything either. What you should be focusing on is making sure the 2 of you have an open and honest relationship. If you spend your energy worrying about stuff like this text you will keep snooping and destroy your relationship.

Why were you suspicious in the first place? You both really need to figure out why you feel the need to snoop. Sure, my BF might text female friends...I know he does sometimes b/c one invited us (I have never met her) to a party in a few weeks. So, I know they have been texting. Girls post stuff on his FB page too. We are not married and I don't really care b/c I too have kept my male friends and I flirt with them. When we both mutually decide to take things to the next level...then I will make the commitment/choice to give up my male friends...does that make any sense? I have a slightly different view on relationships than most. I do not think people are monogamous by nature.

Don't listen to the old fart Iamamanwithanuncircumcisedpenis.

Yes, maple I see your point, and possibly agree with your view about monogamy. But our relationship is not casual in any sense - he has talked about wanting to marry me and my daughter sees him as her dad.

How old are you both?

Not young! Late 20s. I have been married when younger - there were no jealousy issues in that relationship. I do realise that at my age I should not be behaving like this really.

I don't trust this man 100% because he has made up stories in the past. Strange things like he had a relationship with someone he didn't - which strikes me as an odd thing to lie about.

If you don't trust him, dump him. Otherwise, stop snooping and be happy with what you've got.

Yeah, you should prob dump him. Trust is a huge thing...if you don't have trust you will wind up with loads of other problems and fighting. If he lies then forget him and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    Don't listen to the old fart Iamamanwithanuncircumcisedpenis.
    Dont try and be funny because you're not very good at it. Stick to your tedious trailer trash, oprah inspired bullshit. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqueen View Post
    Thanks iaman - but your earlier post suggesting it's a woman's fault if she gets cheated on, and we're still stuck in the 1950s doesn't strike me as very enlightened or perceptive approach so I'm not likely to take anything you say as gospel.
    Suit yourself, just dont come crying to me when your bf is riding his ex like a derby winner. For the record, it usually is the womans fault if she gets cheated on. Maybe youve put on a couple of pounds or just become annoying. Whatever the reason, the fact is, your man is sniffing around one of his ex-rides. You bury your head in the sand if you want and take the advice of the stupid yanks in this thread if it makes you feel better. I prefer to keep it real. Im not often wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaninnocentma View Post
    Suit yourself, just dont come crying to me when your bf is riding his ex like a derby winner. For the record, it usually is the womans fault if she gets cheated on. Maybe youve put on a couple of pounds or just become annoying. Whatever the reason, the fact is, your man is sniffing around one of his ex-rides. You bury your head in the sand if you want and take the advice of the stupid yanks in this thread if it makes you feel better. I prefer to keep it real. Im not often wrong.
    She's not his ex. And your posts are laughable and I'm not even going to rise to them. I note from glancing at one or two other threads, that there are posts by you spouting homophobic bigotry as well as misogynist bullshit on this one. People that talk that way are always wrong in my opinion.

InnocentMan does have a point. I don't know any guy that would say he missed a girl, he hadn't or wouldn't ****. Doesn't mean he'd cheat on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqueen View Post
    She's not his ex. And your posts are laughable and I'm not even going to rise to them. I note from glancing at one or two other threads, that there are posts by you spouting homophobic bigotry as well as misogynist bullshit on this one. People that talk that way are always wrong in my opinion.
    My posts are laughable? Im not the one crying on the internet because i cant keep my bf in check. If its not his ex gf, then thats even worse. It means he doesnt know what its like to pump her, but is intrigued.

Homophobic bigotry, lol, Im starting to like you.

Ps I dont know what misogynist means, so im not offended by that.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    InnocentMan does have a point. I don't know any guy that would say he missed a girl, he hadn't or wouldn't ****. Doesn't mean he'd cheat on you.
    Yes, that is the only point he does have...but I already pointed that out, just not as direct. It doesn't really matter though...OP should break up with her BF and find someone who doesn't lie and who she can trust.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Thanks bro, i take back my stupid yanks comment in this thread. Some of you obviously live in the real world and dont spend all day watching oprah.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast