+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice Needed! Regarding Number of Sexual Partners

Dude in time you will get over it. When the relationship is new, the though of your new love with someone else makes you jealous. This is a normal reaction. As the honeymoon period of your relationship ends, and your feelings settle down, you will realize it's about this person you have gotten know and have fallen in love with, and their past means nothing.

Guys (some) feel inadequate as a man when their GF has more sexual experience. It's an ego buster.

Don't forget the fact that many men just lose respect for a chick with high numbers... unless of course they have high numbers as well and don't care to throw stones from their glass house. (There's a few of them around, I'm sure)

That's why they lose respect......because they don't like to be compared to so much competition, and again they fear the feeling of inadequacy. Mens egos are tender. lol They want to be king in bed, it's a no brainer. Having high numbers lets you know that the majority don't know how to satisfy a woman.....they don't want too many women to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    That's why they lose respect......because they don't like to be compared to so much competition, and again they fear the feeling of inadequacy. Mens egos are tender. lol They want to be king in bed, it's a no brainer. Having high numbers lets you know that the majority don't know how to satisfy a woman.....they don't want too many women to know that.
    Sorry.. smackie but you're painting men as too ego fragile and big bull-in-a-china-shop lovers.

I think they lose respect because they know how easy it is for a girl to get sex and therefore, if her number is high then she in not very decerning in who she will bed... Not too many people (never mind just men) are content with someone who is telling their sub-conscious that they have no personal boundaries. Those without personal boundaries, more times than not, make piss poor partners past the sexual. Why did she have so many partners? What is about her (the common denominator) that she couldn't maintain a relationship for any period of time?

*I'll add that if Op's gf is a good gf to him, has shown him that he has nothing to worry about as far as her committment to him, is not doing sketchy things while in a relationship with him, then worrying about her past is just a good way for him to ruin everything he has that's good with her.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 13-11-12 at 10:52 PM.

I was joking....I was hoping for one of the guys to bite on my last post.

You could also look at the other side of the coin...someone who didn't have that many partners, could also have issues with maintaining a relationsip as well. You can't judge a book by it's cover.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You could also look at the other side of the coin...someone who didn't have that many partners, could also have issues with maintaining a relationsip as well. You can't judge a book by it's cover.
    Yes... but she'd have a lesser number and that high number seems to be the problem to Op dude (any many others)... due to that "It's easy for her to get sex so why hasn't she been discerning or maintained?

I was joking....I was hoping for one of the guys to bite on my last post.
    SixpackJ only goes to the "ask a male" sub forum. lolzzz

Quote Originally Posted by gbman View Post
    Does the number really matter?
    Yes and No.

I see nothing wrong with a woman simply fukking around in and of itself. The closest I would come to suggesting otherwise is acknowledging that women who do so could potentially have daddy issues or some other extreme emotional disturbance which tends to make those women (imo) terrible choices to take on as wives/mothers. It's an observation I've noticed about a lot of the women I know who have had an unusually high number of partners.

That said I can't say I see anything wrong with hooking up with someone with a past if she doesn't have these emotional disturbances, std's, unwanted babies, etc. For that reason I think it's short sighted to lump every woman with a sexually active past in the same category, and this might be a part of your problem because that's how society teaches us to think.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Women want to feel special, like *she* is the special one who tames the wanderlust of the philandering male. So, winning his loyalty to her after having been with a number of partners is flattering.

Men (at least those who want to pair bond, which is most, apparently) want to know that their woman is loyal and selective. So, any children she has is more likely to be his and not some other shmoes.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I agree with the above poster.

First understand that her chances of adding more men to her resume is great but it is possible that you two can last a while. My best buddy married the woman he lost his virginity to. They have been married for 30 years but not without constant reminder that she had a few before him and that I also was involved mutually agreed. Its a tough road but at least you sowed some wild oats yourself. The worst thing for a guy is to ask the sizes of the other guys. I've been with quite a few women and never grow tired. Relationships now are way harder than 50 yrs ago when couples just stayed together because of convenience. Humans seem to grow bored more often now and have no problem trading in the older model.

What you all say is just the mentality yes, but not always the reality. I never had a BF or anyone I dated have an issue with my number except for my husband. He got over it and realized it was all for nothing. So it depends for person to person.

I will agree that it is genetically implanted in the human psyche that a woman's vagina should be kept intact till marriage. But ever since the invention of the birth control pill, woman are now given control over if or when they can have children...this gives them the opportunity to increase their sexual partners. Obviously the mentality hasn't caught up yet as this debate still continues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12