+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What defines a "slut"?

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Then what do you call social climbing girls who **** their way to success?
    Women who are forced by society to choose whether to remain at lower levels than their male equivalent counterparts, or to have sex in exchange for equal opportunities, and choose the latter. I wouldn't do it myself and I don't approve of those who do, because I think of it as "giving in" to the male-dominated society rules. Unfortunately, in some cases, there's nothing else you can do (still doesn't make it right IMO, because it's not fair to all the women who choose the first option).

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    Of course you do, tomboy! ;-)

You do know that both the original MI games have been revamped and relaunched during the last years, right?
    I didn't, and I am definitely checking that out right now!

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer.c View Post
    I didn't, and I am definitely checking that out right now!
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6183/

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6183/

Have fun!
    Whoa, I swear I checked steam for this like a month ago and found nothing. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Women who are forced by society to choose whether to remain at lower levels than their male equivalent counterparts, or to have sex in exchange for equal opportunities, and choose the latter. I wouldn't do it myself and I don't approve of those who do, because I think of it as "giving in" to the male-dominated society rules. Unfortunately, in some cases, there's nothing else you can do (still doesn't make it right IMO, because it's not fair to all the women who choose the first option).
    I can see where some women see your latter hypothesis as a way towards equality; I mostly see this as a power fetish dealie. In other words, more frequently I have observed that to be the case which is kind of being a "slut" (but I am not saying men can't be sluts; it's just way cooler when they are).

Shut up, twat.

You're a twat; ya twat-faced Ar*b.

Well the definition of a slut is literally "a woman of loose sexual morals". The words "loose sexual morals", however, are open for interpretation. Many believe this is as simple as the number of partners you have, but there's far too many total cvnts who are still virgins for me to believe the "fewer sexual partners = moral superiority" dogma.

There was a story in the news awhile back about a woman who walked into a store with a knife and held it toward two dudes while saying "someone is eating my pussy right here right now or else throats are getting cut open". That, imo, is a slut by true definition of the word.

But it's important for us not to blind ourselves to the fact that it's all arbitrary. In the definition of the word "slut" the only objective word is "sexual". The words "loose" and "morals" and the concepts they imply are as arbitrary as they come and honestly the way most people think about them is the way they were told to think about them by their society's biggest religion(s), politicians, or both, neither of which were likely ever questioned with any sort of depth, and neither of which should dictate they way we think.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 10-01-13 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    There was a story in the news awhile back about a woman who walked into a store with a knife and held it toward two dudes while saying "someone is eating my pussy right here right now or else throats are getting cut open". That, imo, is a slut by true definition of the word.
    I'd call that "mentally disturbed"... I don't think she's capable of making rational choices, therefore can't be called "immoral"...

Slutness is in the eye of the beholder, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I'd call that "mentally disturbed"... I don't think she's capable of making rational choices, therefore can't be called "immoral"...
    Same could be said about someone who flings disabled orphans out of a catapault for fun, doesn't stop that person from being an immoral asshole in my book. I don't consider "immoral" and "mentally disturbed" to be mutually exclusive.

I do, if being mentally disturbed implies that you are incapable of choosing rationally (which includes understanding the consequences of your actions and so on). When someone doesn't have a choice (i.e. someone has a serious mental-psychological illness that prevents them from rationally choosing), they cannot be judged as moral or immoral, IMO. Their actions can certainly be judged, but not them as persons.

You either have to be a vegetable or of animal level intelligence to be totally incapable of rational choice tho. Mentally disturbed can mean a lot of different things - a schizophrenic person is mentally disturbed by definition, so is a delusional person - and yes, they make more irrational choices than the norm, but making more irrational choices than the norm is a far cry from being incapable of rational choices.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 10-01-13 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    You either have to be a vegetable or of animal level intelligence to be totally incapable of rational choice tho. Mentally disturbed can mean a lot of different things - a schizophrenic person is mentally disturbed by definition, so is a delusional person - and yes, they make more irrational choices than the norm, but making more irrational choices than the norm is a far cry from being incapable of rational choices.
    That's why I specified "a serious mental-psychological illness that prevents them from rationally choosing".

My definition of "slut" is a MAN or a woman that does what they do but feels bad about it.. If you can't respect yourself, then how do you expect anyone else to?

I like your definition, Wakeup :-). People who rationally choose to break their own moral standards regarding sex.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast