+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Friend problem

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Well, I would say in this instance that it might be best to just casually engage (or try to) her in conversation at odd times in the classroom. That will hopefully make things a little less tense. But don't cling to her...That will make things SO MUCH worse.
    It's not like that. We make conversation during class and she's quite talkative. But apart from that, it's quite different.

Well, maybe it's just that you two haven't talked in so long then? Give it some time.

I always feel awkward talking to people I haven't conversed with in so long because we've been on bad terms. You never know; maybe she's just getting warmed up too. It sounds like maybe you might need to as well?

Haha Thank you. Maybe I do. I don't know if I come across as anxious in this thread, but I'm not. It's a little painful at times, but life goes on.

Well, maybe it's just that you two haven't talked in so long then? Give it some time.

I always feel awkward talking to people I haven't conversed with in so long because we've been on bad terms. You never know; maybe she's just getting warmed up too.
    Been a month. That's enough time to get 'warmed up', no?

You were friend zoned, you got weird on her, she backed off because she didn't "feel" as close to you as you were to her. So to have it not get weird again, she is keeping herself more reserved and less intimate, towards you. It will never go back to the way it was. She doesn't mind a casual friendship, but doesn't want to go down that road again and be too emotionally attached. She wants you to move on from those feelings.

Thanks for your input smackie9. Much appreciated, even if difficult to swallow.

Hey at least she is still chatting with you.....it could be worse.

Haha well, in a way, it's easier to get on with it if that person is mean to you. Being on the periphery and being a non-entity when you were once v.v. relevant is a little harder. But I'll take what I get I suppose. I surely have nothing to complain about.

A month? Sometimes, it takes six. For everyone, it's different, though, so don't quote me.

Smackie does have a point; it could be way worse. Probably one of the most awkward things is being rejected and/or cut out of that person's life and CONSTANTLY being thrown together to work on activities and whatnot as a team. That's probably the worst, and that has happened to me twice.

If you two were best friends who could talk about anything, why dont u marry her??

A month? Sometimes, it takes six. For everyone, it's different, though, so don't quote me.

Smackie does have a point; it could be way worse. Probably one of the most awkward things is being rejected and/or cut out of that person's life and CONSTANTLY being thrown together to work on activities and whatnot as a team. That's probably the worst, and that has happened to me twice.
    Ugh that would be the worst...glad its never happened to me. OP - sometimes you have to know when to let go and then people/things in life will just come to you.

Thanks Rowen. I wasn't exactly thrown into anything. I took that class of my own accord and she had a part in convincing me.

hmmm, maybe she does like you, but does not want to lose a friend in case it goes sour.. see what happens if you start talking to another girl. See if your friends starts getting closer or starts asking questions about her, kinda looking out for you. She probably distanced herself cause she had feelings. She did want you to stay in that class with you. take it slow and look for clues and engage other woman.

Thank you rob. Clues are few and far in between. But it could be worse, like others have pointed out. No other female friend business. Just sounds...wrong.

Wrong in the sense that I would not befriend a person for the express purpose of finding out how another person feels towards me.
    Thought I'd clarify, what I said above could be misinterpreted.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast