+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My guy "friend" acts like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesReagan View Post
    I started talking to a girl I really like. Later on I found out that a guy from my class also likes her but doesn't have the guts to start a more personal conversation with her.

As soon as I start talking to her he makes fun of me, loud enough so everyone can hear it (especially this girl and my other friends).

He's trying to make others make fun of me aswell. I don't know if he wants to embarrass me or if he's trying to dissuade me from talking to her so that he gets a chance to hit on her. Either way, I don't think I should stop because he's acting like an annoying little kid (we're both 17 so I think he's old enough to realize that what he is doing is completely stupid).

Should I ignore him and keep doing what I want? Any advice would be appreciated.
    He's trying to belittle you so you'll look stupid, in order to make himself look better. It's likely he wants to make himself look better to that girl.

Wanna stop him in his tracks? Ask him what he's so insecure about.

Our first class today was P.E and I noticed my so called "friends" were talking to the girl about me while I was warming up. They were saying things like "he's dressing nice clothes for you" or " he has a new hairstyle just for you". Basically they were trying to humiliate me and make me feel bad. It didn't work because I ignored all of their retarded comments.

Altough I noticed that in the other classes she would be glancing at me. I was given the impression that our relationship was affected by their comments. I don't know how to start a conversation with her because I'm afraid that she took those comments seriously.

You are the only one who affects it. Its not a bad comments anyway. See man if you dont talk then you basicaly a freak. She may think - wth does he didnt like me? And other guys may say whatever they want and she might belive them because she dont know you . only think she hears is from others.

If you give a shit what peope thinks then you not gona achieve anything in your life. Not even be happy and have a girlfriend.

They can only say stuff about you as long as you care about it(thats their only weapon) once you get the know the girl and talk with her everyday no one will say anything cause it simply wont have any impact. Fck man you could even kiss her and get away with it on a good note. Imagine yourself in her place - you would be happy if someone aproach you with confidence and treats you like a simple person as you are. If you keep quiet she might start to think that you have a small dick - do you want that to happen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trsDd75Ti-E

People will rate you, hate you, break you, but how strong you stand is what makes you.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

They always say things like "You have no chance, you're a loser". I don't pay attention to them because I know that's not true. I'm thinking of confronting them next time they say something like that, maybe it will put and end to this BS. I'm only worried about this because the girl is amazing and I really don't want to give up on her

What the **** are you talking about? Why is giving up on her even creeping into your brain right now? It really is time to call them out. Your confidence is shaky, and once you see them cower when you put them on the spot, you'll feel like a rockstar. It's high school, so say something like, "You guys can have fun being gay with each other, while I talk to this hot girl." Say it in front of her if you have to. She'll like it.

I know i've mentioned giving up on her but that's the last thing I'll do if things go wrong. It's just that she finds it weird that other guys are saying those things. I'd rather tell it myself than having a bunch of idiots do that for me, and I didn't even ask for their help, they just thought it would be funny to make fun of me.

Well James, when dogs bark on the road king dont stop his car and dont bark at them but keep going his way. All you have to do is concentrate on the girl talk only with her. Motivate yourself - next time you go in the classroom dont even sit your ass down before you speak. Warm up with other people if you have to talk with someone you dont speak so often and you will find that momentum really helpful.

So they say you are loser? And what are the girl saying - her option is what matters. Give her some reason to think good about you - show your best side and dont be a stranger.

Yea I'm not paying attention to them and a good friend of mine told me that I should talk to her like nothing ever happened.

Than why dont you talk? You might not be paying attention to them but they still can hurt you a little making you less confident and making it harder to believe yourself and fact that she will like you for who you are. Once you feel aproved its easier to express yourself.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 17-04-13 at 06:06 AM.

Ask her out you fool before it's too late.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12