+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Postal Service

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put 'new category of music' I knew for quite some time its not a brand new genre. But is now "more" recognized, I guess?

"ndie, emo, punk, ska, new age, are part of the genre of ROCK."

Supposively rock and rap was based off jazz. Everything falls ontop of some sort of big genre.
    But rock is so vague. And I don't try to put 'indie' as a trend term, but just to make things clearer on how it sounds.

P.s. I hope emo dies out soon.
    "Don't worry; I'll catch you

Quote Originally Posted by Hazy_Eyed

P.s. I hope emo dies out soon.

I hope so too

Whats emo?
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

emo: [url]http://www.fourfa.com/[/url] Basically, an 80's-90's version of what Jethro Tull was to Acid Rock in the 60's.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 30-06-05 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    emo: [url]http://www.fourfa.com/[/url] Basically, an 80's-90's version of what Jethro Tull was to Acid Rock in the 60's.

i hate when bassists are lead singers......well, sting being the exception

I don't get your connection. What's so bad about bassists leading the lyrics?

i was referring to the pic on that link you posted

I dont have anything personally against them, it just one of those things that bug me.

"...nothing personally against them...it's just one of those things that bug me..."

That's not personal?

maybe it is personal

i mean, i could like the music they make, but visually it bothers me

Hm. I'll have to look at few bands that way sometime. Never occurred to me think there might something visually "off" about it. Thanks for the insight.

I do not understand why people hate the "emo" music so much.

Considering the word "emo" is short for emotion, I don't see the problem. All music has emotion in it. And just because a band is, for example, being "over emotional" that doesn't give everyone the right to critize that particular band.

Plus, what gives yall the right to judge other people's music preferences. I hate when someone immediately terms me "emo" for the sole reason that I listen to a particular band. Or when some diehard hardcore fanatic yells out "Die Copeland!" (or some other "overly emotional" band). I say everyone has their own choice in music, and who are we to say that it is wrong? Personally, I vote peace in the music world.

I have the right to criticize any damn thing I want.

::oops. sorry guys. was channeling OV there for a minnit::

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnnabelle
    I do not understand why people hate the "emo" music so much.

Considering the word "emo" is short for emotion, I don't see the problem. All music has emotion in it. And just because a band is, for example, being "over emotional" that doesn't give everyone the right to critize that particular band.

Plus, what gives yall the right to judge other people's music preferences. I hate when someone immediately terms me "emo" for the sole reason that I listen to a particular band. Or when some diehard hardcore fanatic yells out "Die Copeland!" (or some other "overly emotional" band). I say everyone has their own choice in music, and who are we to say that it is wrong? Personally, I vote peace in the music world.
    In a way I do agree with you, but i do understand why people hate the sub-genre called EMO. Its a trendy genre right now. Just like anything else that gets popular, the quality is watered down, and its saturated with artists who "pretend/pose" to be EMO.

Some of the these EMO bands that are out there now a days are EMO because they want to be EMO/POPULAR. Therefore, they skew their words, and music to "fit in," leaving the music tainted with unoriginality.

The originators of this genre never considered themselves EMO. The word EMO in itself killed the genre. Damn hippies

Yeah...I definitely see what you're saying.

It's very similar to the boy band craze in the mid to late 90's. People will eventually get tired of the emo bands, just like they did with LFO, BSB, N'Sync, 98 degrees, and countless others.

Sorry, whaywardj, I wasn't trying to restrict your right to voice your opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12