+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I date a cheat?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephyy View Post
    haha I really appreciate all your comments! I'm not looking for anything serious- I've made this clear to him and yet he's still interested so I'll just take things as they come... I know myself well enough not to be seduced by someone who's clearly after one thing! As soon as he starts being pressuring me he's out!

Eh? You don't want something serious, but you want to lose your virginity to someone who cares about you? And why put him off for months? If you were in it for something casual, you wouldn't be here asking opinions if you should date a cheat, because you wouldn't care.

I think you don't know yourself quite as well as you'd like...

His intentions may be good, some players do have a heart and may sometimes respect a nice girl and a possible relationship with her more than many would think, but he is still very young and most probably he will be tempted to go back to his old personality. Proceed with care.

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    Eh? You don't want something serious, but you want to lose your virginity to someone who cares about you? And why put him off for months? If you were in it for something casual, you wouldn't be here asking opinions if you should date a cheat, because you wouldn't care.

I think you don't know yourself quite as well as you'd like...
    Yes I want to lose my virginity to someone who cares about me... that doesn't mean I need to be in a serious relationship right now because not all relationships involve sex- I can be in a casual relationship where we just hang out- this is what I've told him I want and he seems to be okay with it... but I care what he's like because if I do keep dating him, and if it turns into something serious, I don't want to end up getting hurt. I know myself very well.

haha I really appreciate all your comments! I'm not looking for anything serious- I've made this clear to him and yet he's still interested
    Hang on, you told us that you want to lose your virginity to someone who really cares about you. But you've told him that you're not looking for anything serious....so he will just see you as a green light for fun.

Hon, if you get screwed over here, it will be your own fault. Say what you mean when you're dating.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most young women regret who they lost their virginity to. Just saying. The fact you are already having doubts is not good...

Find a sweet guy who will treat you like a queen who loves you. That's the one you want to spread your legs for.

Oh and are you on the pill? Good idea, considering. You don't want an unwanted pregnancy to result from your first time. And yes, it happens.

When having sex, think to yourself "would I want to raise a child with this man"? If the answer is no, think again.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Hang on, you told us that you want to lose your virginity to someone who really cares about you. But you've told him that you're not looking for anything serious....so he will just see you as a green light for fun.

Hon, if you get screwed over here, it will be your own fault. Say what you mean when you're dating.
    no you've misunderstood me; I've told him and I quote- 'if you think I'm going to have sex with you it's not going to happen'. When I say I don't want anything serious, I mean I don't want to have sex with him... I don't mean I want to have casual sex. I've made that 100% clear to him. I'm sorry, I should've made it clearer on here!

cross posting
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 02-07-13 at 06:49 AM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

no you've misunderstood me; I've told him and I quote- 'if you think I'm going to have sex with you it's not going to happen'. When I say I don't want anything serious, I mean I don't want to have sex with him... I don't mean I want to have casual sex. I've made that 100% clear to him. I'm sorry, I should've made it clearer on here!
    Oh, I typed the another message while you were writing this.

So, what's in this for him? Sounds like you want to be 'just friends'. As long as you are OK with him having a girlfriend who's not you, then go ahead with your plan.

Seriously, just have sex with him, take notes, learn what works so you can really please the right guy when he comes along. I mean if it was a serious religious issue I would say no, but come on, don't expect much from a 19 yr old. You seem to have a good head on yr shoulders, get out there, figure out what you like and more importantly what you don't like.

i dont buy this at all. your only fooling yourself girl. admit it. you think he may change for you. good luck coz your gonna need it. its not gonna happen. give him an inch and he will take a mile. you mark my words.

if you want to take the risk-go ahead. its your life. make your own mistakes and learn from them. however only give him ONE chance if your gonna go for it. he f**ks up ONCE and you show him the door. dont be a fool for him
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Good luck Stephyy! How everything works out for you

keep us updated, we would like to hear about your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    No dont go there, the fact you're a virgin, sealed it for me. I think he will bust your cherry then run.
    ^ Completely agree. He smells a fresh fruit and is looking forward to be the first. Dump his sorry ass.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Find a sweet guy who will treat you like a partner who loves you. That's the one you want to spread your legs for.
    Fixed for accuracy.

And you said, and I quote, "I just don't want to let myself fall for someone who will ditch me as soon as I sleep with them."

Stop trying to change your story. You came here, all full of lust and hope for a future with this guy, talked about how special you wanted your first time to be, and now that everyone has told you to wake up and bolt, just like all your friends did, you're trying to back off your OP entirely.

Doesn't work.

Why??? She even sai she doesn't want a relationship? She is of age, just be careful and smart about it. Really save herself for Mr. Right?? Honestly, how many women on this board only had sex with Mr. Right and lived happily ever after? And of the many that will say no I didn't, how many regret being a few men when they were 19? Give me a break.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast