+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When did everyone first have sex?

As it happens, Misombra, I am.
    Speak less. Say more.

scary...

and you wouldn't encourage your 16 year old girl to wait a little while?

Tone Guest
    Better because they will be more educated, have more life experience, and be better suited to raise a child in their 20's than at 16 and going into high school, should the possible happen.

I agree with everyone on this thread except whaywardj. (sorry, whay)

Of course, I would encourage her to wait. But I also wouldn't DISCOURAGE her if I thought she'd thought it through, wasn't being misled by outside forces, and was under a lot of uncomfortable pressure from internal forces TO. In all fairness, though, maybe I'm speaking out of turn. I didn't really have to face the issue. Vanessa didn't loose her virginity until she was 19...or so I was TOLD. (Who really knows what their kids are actually doing when not in sight?) In any case, I'm more concerned about my kids' individual well-being than I am about any arbitrarily assigned age for this or that. As long as I believe they're not being coerced into something AND see they have thought through what they're speculating on, I'm pretty flexible about helping them accomplish whatever it is they may want to undertake.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Better because they will be more educated, have more life experience, and be better suited to raise a child in their 20's than at 16 and going into high school, should the possible happen.
    Read my post again, Tone. The conditions and eventualities you refer to are all covered in it. Keywords: "Why," "Prepared"...and maybe one or two others I forget at the moment.
    Speak less. Say more.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stay a virgin.

You'll most likely feel better about it in the end.

Yep.

Stay a virgin.
    "Ogres are like onions."

I was 18 and had been with my boyfriend for a about a year and a half.

It took me a long to be ready.

I definately think you should wait. You may be physically ready for sex, but most 16 yr. olds are not mentally ready for it. Too many young people rush into sex these days. I was 19 when I had sex and I waited 9 months. Ask yourself this: when you are older and get married, do you want to say you lost your virginity to some kid or you lost it to someone very special?

Here is my theory.

Your body will be ready FAR FAR sooner than your social and mental ability to handle the responsibility. So this is what I recommend. Wait until you are TOTALLY ready to have sex. You know it... then? Wait 1 more year before doing so.

Most people I know that did it too soon.. regret it.

I myslef lost my virginity at 15, and don't regret it at all... but I think I may be somewhat of an exception.

Yes, delay it until you are 28 and still a virgin, like this girl I know (28 virgin) who is still not sure who she wants to do it with. I totally agree with whaywardj. I have a sister 18yo who recently been out with a guy and I always tell her if he's a cool guy and you have fun and you see you can communicate and spend time together, don't hesitate to ask me anything related to sex. They are not going to marry, so the point is to have fan in every way (or are you going to tell me like a christian "no sex before marriage"?). And if u want to be totally honest with Blink women are always insecure, so I guess his moves together with her feeling that she should trust him, should then let it happen.

PS.How many mothers talk to their child about with whom they lost their virginity with and why is it so essential to "definitely" holder her back since she's already thinking of doing it?

I was 18 when I lost my virginity. I had the same feelings of being unsure and nervous. Everntually I just got really into it one night and decided to go ahead with it. My bf at the time was the same as yours, he would only go forward with it when I was ready.

Its always good to talk about it with your bf before hand. I found it easier when you got all the nervousness and worries out into the open.

The average age for teens used to 16. Each year its getting lower and lower. Its now around the 14-15 yr old mark. Crazy isn't it?

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My bf and I waited a year to have sex...we were 18.

We wanted to be sure and really cautious....I started taking the pill a few months before. Both of us were 'accidental' pregnancies (both our moms got prego at 18 - scared the crap outta us).

My gf and i had sex within 3 months of dating. She was 19, i was 27. We lost our virginity together. We were a little nervous but we both wanted to and were ready, and we used a condom.

Eventually we started taking chances and began having sex without a condom (we just wanted to feel each other more). She was on the pill. We had a close call twice as her period was late a few 3-4 days. We were worried and began telling ourselves we made a mistake and that if anything happens i wouldnt leave her and abortion was out of the question for us both. Luckily, she was just late and nothing happened. We didnt think it thru enough. We knew there were risks but didnt think anything would happen, and it didnt. Her being late scared us enough to start using condoms again.

Think before you act and keep in mind that having a child will change both of your lives. Wear a condom and it would good if she were on the pill to. Niether one is 100% effective. You may be lucky for while and all of a sudden you got a baby on the way. Im sure its no fun trying to be a father, or a mother, especially at the age of 16. My mom was 18 when i was born and it wasnt always easy.

Be careful.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast