+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Approached OH about his female friend, I'm hurt, male opinions please

What he took her out once for a casual dinner to cheer her up and decided to join her as a dance partner for a competition?

His lying not good but it's to avoid a jealous GF not to hide something bad, out of force of habit from his past experiences....but that's my opinion. Like I said there is no actual proof of anything....and if it is as serious as you are all saying then it's a matter of time he's going to break up with her then....but the question is why has he not done it? He has has plenty of time, and she has long ended her relationship.

There is no point in arguing whether he is cheating or not....the OP doesn't like his behaviour, she got a over whelming vote he is hiding an emotional affair, so there is only one thing she needs to do....leave him.

She has feelings for him, he knows it, yet he continues to hang out with her even though he is in a relationship. He continues to hang out one-on-one with her even if he knows that his girlfriend is hurt by it. They are so clearly having an emotional affair. It doesn't mean he's going to break up with his girlfriend, right now he's having the best of both worlds and he probably doesn't have the guts to do it anyway. I know how that feels - I was in his position a few years ago. All those things completely resonate with what I used to do.

Anyway yeah, bottom line is that the OP isn't happy in this relationship, therefore she should end it.

I know I would have bailed after finding out about the dinner.

I have a question....if he has been having all these emotional affairs with these so called friends, did he ever end up dating any of them after the GF broke up with him???

He's only having an emotional affair with Izzy, I don't think there's anything more than friendship with his other female friends (at least not based on anything OP told us). I think they just haven't been single at the same time yet, or if they have they both were too cowardly to do anything about it (just like they are cowardly now, for not breaking up with their respective partners).

Well I don't see why she should hold off her BF any longer.....let Izzy have him IMO.

Yeah, I agree. She should break up with him asap, it's completely pointless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12