+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caught between two guys, absolutely lost

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm90 View Post
    I have told D about this, he's worried, and so am I, but there's only so much I can do. I wish I can be strong enough to resist the temptation of going back to my ex, I wish I could remember how much we have made each other suffer constantly over the last couple of years. I cannot see a future with my ex with the kind of abusive interaction we have with each other, so why is it so difficult for me to give up on him? All of you are right in calling me names and thinking little of me, I do feel like a greedy, hurtful and juvenile human being and I honestly think I don't deserve either of them with the way I am acting.
    You CAN be strong enough to resist the temptation. You have free will, you're not a creature of instinct and you can tell right from wrong. I definitely think you shouldn't be going on this trip, but it seems as if you've already made that decision. I think it's somewhat disrespectful to your new boyfriend to be going on trips with your old one, especially while wishing you could resist him. Your past should be left in the past.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's not going with her ex, she's going with the new guy. Or am I missing something?

Years ago, before my ex, I was seeing a guy who bought a holiday for us to the Caribbean. We had been having problems and I was thinking of breaking up but I wasn't sure if I should go on this trip first.

I never made that trip. I decided it wasn't ethical to allow him to pay for me when I was so undecided about our future. In fact, I offered to pay 1/2 the cost of the trip to him tho he wouldn't accept it. I think he went with another girl in the end, haha (I learned there are no lack of people who can be bought with things like trips, etc.)
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 30-09-13 at 02:58 AM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Dump both guys and find a better one. And you will be caught by none.
    If you run after two hares, you will catch neither.
    Last edited by Agnus; 30-09-13 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    She's not going with her ex, she's going with the new guy. Or am I missing something?
    I took "I decided to go with D" as her picking him to be her bf, not going with him on the trip. Maybe I was wrong.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    See my last. If she is still going with her ex on this trip then, yes, that's just selfish. Oh well, takes all kinds and people generally get what (and who) they deserve...
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

There are plenty of ways to get out of this trip.....she could have sold her ticket easily to someone else. It's obvious what's happening here.

Well, all I'm going to say is if it's the truth that you actually told the new boyfriend that you're going away with the old one and he's okay with that, then don't expect him to be without female company while you're gone.

Y'all deserve one another.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Or don't expect him to be there when you get back.

I"m confused. Is she going with D? Is D her new BF? What happened to A and F? Did G drop out of the picture completely?

Think I need to increase my medication.

She's going on the trip with her ex boyfriend on the same plane, to the same hotel but apparently they've booked separate rooms (lolzzz). She also claims to have told the new boyfriend and he's fine with it. (double lolzzz). As I said, I suspect he's okay with it because he'll be bopping who ever will have him while she's away.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

... I think. lmao

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12