+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the point of it all?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertWQ View Post
    True. It's not just based on me though. It's kind of based on what I see on a regular basis. So much effort being put forth for something that to me doesn't necessarily have a higher purpose. I mean, even the most basic of organisms can reproduce, but only people can create great science and art ... I just wonder at all the energy spent toward courtship, romance, sex, etc. and wonder what the purpose really is when the overall outcome is the same as when any other species copulates.
    I guess that those of us who find relationships fulfilling will continue to have them. And for those who don't find them fulfilling, then perhaps being alone is the better option. We each follow the paths which work for us as individuals.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Well, I'm not really saying relationships can't be fulfilling, just that enormous energy seems to be put into them, and I wonder whether there's a point. Although I guess you can't create art or advance science without babies and children which come out of relationships.

Well, I'm not really saying relationships can't be fulfilling, just that enormous energy seems to be put into them, and I wonder whether there's a point. Although I guess you can't create art or advance science without babies and children which come out of relationships.
    The point we're making is that relationships that make you happy and content and give you energy rather than take it from you do exist, you're just not seeing them.

That's still quite rude. You sound like you are a terrible, cowardly human being who, like our esteemed Washington politicians, dodges what they've previously said by invoking irrelevant technicalities when confronted. You sound like your penis is 1 inch long, like your girlfriend is a whore. I'm not saying any of those things are true mind you, that's just what you sound like.
    ....with the maturity and wit of a 9 year old

Last edited by RobertWQ; 20-11-13 at 05:38 PM.

OP, you're probably right.

You of all people should never reproduce.

Well, I'd take your advice more seriously if I didn't see you making fun of a 14 year old girl with bi-polar syndrome in the chat earlier this week.

The alleged 14 year old girl's BF had bipolar, but that's not really important.

What's really important is that I'd take you more seriously if you weren't a self-absorbed whiny emo douchebag.

To be honest, I don't care what or who you do or do not take seriously. The girl had bi-polar disorder, and so did her boyfriend. She was 14 and was worried about her boyfriend and you made fun of her. You're a real prick. I couldn't give the slightest **** about your assessment of anything. And for someone who is a "man" who has the name "Heart-is-aching," I don't think you should be calling anyone emo or whiny.

Just go ahead and give up, there's absolutely no reason for you to try. As long as you don't reproduce, the world's better off.

What the hell are you even talking about ... I swear this forum should rename itself to "Love-hurt / Butt-hurt people taking out their angst on random internet question askers."

Some girl broke your precious little heart, now you have to come on this forum and be mean to a bunch of people you've never met and who've done nothing to you, including vulnerable 14 year olds who are just asking a question about someone they care for ... I will not be responding to any further posts from you.
    Last edited by RobertWQ; 20-11-13 at 07:16 PM.

FWIW, I strongly believe that relationships with our parents, siblings, and friends are much more important and much stronger than "romantic" relationships.

I don't hold quite as negative a view of relationships as I believe you do, but I do get what you're saying. There are downsides to romantic relationships. Sometimes a lot of downsides. And this is coming from a guy who has never had a bad girlfriend.

Basically, having a woman in my life is a perk. The icing. Not the meat and potatoes.

You shouldn't ever "need" a gf or bf. People that "need" significant others have serious issues.

So I say just do your own thing. Romantic relationships can be nice. They can also be a royal PITA. The divorce statistics don't lie. It's up to you to decide if the (significant) sacrifices are worth it.

Love for me and everything that goes with it, is the only reason I want to continue living

How old are you and have you loved someone?
    Last edited by surfhb2; 21-11-13 at 07:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12