+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with ex-wife. What do I do? Help plz.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i would say that you should write back to her. be breif and keep things simple. you said that you don't ever want to get back with her so write this email as a friend and nothing more.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Here's the update.The emails had a concerned tone. The night that I received a phone message from her I returned her call leaving a message. No reply until yesterday when I received a nasty, pissed off email from her that I should have let her know that I was OK 'So your cell phone and DSL was down but you could have called me on a landline damn it!' (No I couldn't. I didn't have her number as my phone book was lost when I moved)

Then.... She goes on to whine about running low on money. Why tell me? We settled all finances in a very friendly, amicable manner a year ago. Divorce papers are signed and final. Could it be that she ran through almost 100K in twelve months by buying a new car, expensive musical instruments and computer systems, renting a fancy apartment and furniture and quitting her job and not working for all this time? I don't think it takes a financial genius to figure that one out.

And/or... She knows that a business project that I've worked on for two years has finally come to fruitation and while I'm certianly not getting rich off of it, it's successful and will continue to be. Plus, she knows I've done quite a few radio interviews (including Howard Stern that she listens to faithfully) over the project and I sense some jealously there.

Why can't exs just be exs and leave us be to go on with our lives? I was her decesion to divorce, she got what she wanted, I've moved forward, she should live with it. I'd be fine if she would just go away.

And on a lesser note, I don't think it was right for my Brother to give her my home phone number, he knew we were divorced. Oh well....

My rant for the day.

Tone Guest
    "Now I aint sayin she a gold digger..."

Restraining orders come to mind.
    Speak less. Say more.

100k wasn't enough for her i guess.

Is it possible that she is going through some kind of mid-life crisis or something?

Something's up with her, and it sounds confusing. It's not very fair on her part to be turning to you after she chose to leave you.

Old habits die hard, I guess.

Sorry for what you've been through, and these new challenges. It's a real bonus that you chose to move and have put appropriate distance between the two of you. It does sound like she hasn't quite moved on, or is reconsidering the decision. I'd suggest keeping a good distance while she figures things out: getting involved in her drama will just damage your health

best of luck

Tell your brother - and everyone else you know - very firmly to not give out your phone number without explicit permission, change your phone number, and send the ex a note telling her you'd rather not hear from her anymore. (Tell her it hurts you, tell her you hate her, whatever.) Ex-lovers can't really be friends (even though whaywardj thinks they can) and it sounds like she is only remorseful that she got rid of you before your project came to financial fruition.

HEY! Don't be dragging me into this, shh! I already said my piece for myself, grrrl.
    Speak less. Say more.

Sorry, darling! I will always think of you when people consider being "friends" with their ex... But at least I am thinking of you.
    :-D

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Tell your brother - and everyone else you know - very firmly to not give out your phone number without explicit permission, change your phone number, and send the ex a note telling her you'd rather not hear from her anymore. (Tell her it hurts you, tell her you hate her, whatever.) Ex-lovers can't really be friends (even though whaywardj thinks they can) and it sounds like she is only remorseful that she got rid of you before your project came to financial fruition.
    Good advice, I should have done that sooner but I didn't feel like it was an issue as I make the mistake of thinking people had more sense than to give out numbers. Can't change it for business reasons but I'm on the way to Radio Shack to buy one of those 'caller ID' phones.

What? You don't have caller ID? On ANY of your phones? At home or business? Including your cell? Can't dial *69? Something's fishy here. One begins to wonder about that $100,000.00 you make so much of. And everyrthing else.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    What? You don't have caller ID? On ANY of your phones? At home or business? Including your cell? Can't dial *69? Something's fishy here. One begins to wonder about that $100,000.00 you make so much of. And everyrthing else.
    I don't have caller ID, either, whaywardj. Then again, I also ignore my ringing phone half the time, and only use my cell phone for dialing out. I am the anti-tech queen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12