+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with my boyfriend

Ya mean you don't find the idea of pursuing a depressed guy who doesn't love anything appealing, misombra?
    :-D

gag me with a fork.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by abcdefg
    I honestly don't think I could ever do better.
    ^--- this is where I stopped reading.

I agree with 'sombra.

Sweetie, he is a needy individual who saw in you too much. He loved you because he needed you, which is not a mature love and comes from a desperate soul. He has turned cold because he's sucked you dry and cannot find in you what he thought would save him; initially, now you're just another 'problem' for him.

Leave him alone. You don't need this. If he suffers from depression he DOES need to talk and definitely needs to adopt some aid either with therapy on a regular basis and/or medication.

It's the symptomatic reactions of a needy person. Trust me.

Cinna

Ehhhh, I would say the same thing as an outsider. But really this is why half of the country winds up unhappy in life without a trustworthy partner. They get too picky and they kick a dog when they're down, like some people on this forum are suggesting. Then when they themselves become depressed, they're wondering why everyone around them is gone already. I've been down too, but those are the times when I need someone most. Being depressed isn't like having AIDS or something, you're just hurt inside. You need someone to help you get through it, not for somebody to shun you because of it. To leave because he's depressed would seem to be a really selfish move on my part I think, especially when he has expressed no desire to separate.

I confronted him with the things presented as possibilities in this thread, and he already has said the opposite to basically all of it other than the fact that he's down due to studying for a big test and getting ready to spend the next 2 years of his life in a medical environment. I just wanted to know how to make him happier from a distance, not reasons to "break up" (since I don't plan on doing that if either of us have breath in our bodies).

I really miss him and he still tries to talk to me daily and keep me posted on what's up over there even though he has been studying and can't really talk for long.

I'm gonna be straight up. Men are really shitty these days. Really shitty. He amazingly breaks the mould in many ways. I do feel like he loves me and I couldn't see him with anyone else, likewise for me. He and I both are rarities in this day and age and it's quite amazing that we came together. I am NOT trying to end this relationship. I just want to be more supportive.

"Originally Posted by abcdefg
    I honestly don't think I could ever do better.

Tone: Don't think it wasn't was intended that way. I meant every word.

Misombra: Don't gag too hard, you might choke. We don't want that.

Tone Guest
    It's your life. Best of luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12