+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My decision may have impact on relationship

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    You're looking at it the wrong way. 10 extra years spent with you is 10 years wasted while she could be finding someone more compatible. What you need to remember is that a woman's fertility window is finite...and if she is with you till she's 30 then she's leaving it very late to find a new partner who does want kids.

At any rate, this is her choice to make. As she gets older she'll likely meet a lovely guy who does want kids and will move on of her own accord.
    all true - but his oft-demonstrated selfishness won't let him make that decision. He'll wreck her life for his own aggrandizement.

^^^

but i disagree with your statement..it takes two to tango....He has made his opinions known..and the ball is in her court..
    Right now, she could walk out if she chooses..

{but common sense tells me that she would grieve silently and then be on the lookout for someone who shares her future plans...and when she finds him, she would leave in a heartbeat}

There's nothing wrong in wanting to have children or not wanting to have any. It's just another choice you can make in life. The important thing is that you were honest about this with your girlfriend and you both know where you stand. Should you two be able to reach a happy compromise only time with tell. Some couples can, others break up for much less.

I don't see how I'm being selfish? I may not want kids but I'm not necessarily stopping my gf from having them nor trying to "ruin her life"! If it reached a point where she really wanted them then I would take a step back and let her go find someone who wants a family. I'm just being straight with her and been told many a time communication is key and well I'm communicating my thoughts with her and my life choices. If she want't to leave me to find someone else I'm not going to stop her, its her choice but obviously I don't want her to leave since I love her to bits and love being with her

I can understand where you are coming from! My boyfriend has informed me that he doesn't want any more kids together we have 3! All boys! But I have always dreame of having 4 to 6 children! He loves his boys and my son but just doesn't want more children I love him with all my heart and our kids but I know in the back of my mind if he sticks with that choice for 4 to 5 years I probably will move on because I want at least one more child of my own! So you are right eventually she will want children but she could change her mind as time goes on take it day to day enjoy the relationship!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12