+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In love or just plain crazy?

tell him to build up his own gravity.
    it has been said by many wise people that if u want a gal, get a close frenship with her, and then all of a sudden, start avoiding her... i hope u got my message..

I have had to deal with something similar to this within the last week.

He needs to cut the cord, there is nothing you can do, for past 2 years my best friend has been lamenting his ex and NOTHING I say makes a dent, let me explain how bad it can get...

They dated for a year and a half, the funny thing is while they were together all he did was ***** about her. They lived together for about 9 months I think. She went to visit family and decided to move accross the country. Then they entered this long distance thing and she said she was never coming back. He called her everyday telling her how much he loved her, even though she wasn't coming back.

On the weekends he would start to drink heavily, to the point of blackout, and he would cry about her nonstop, literally tear up and cry. This went on for a year, at least one night of the weekend he would call me and ask me to hang out which would involve him gettnig drunk and crying about her. I am all for being there for someone and I know love is rough but after a while it got to be too much, I like to relax on the weekends not play therapist nonstop.

He goes so far to drop out of college and get a dead end job making minimum wage he is so upset over the whole thing, loses all ambition.

Finally he went back to school and is almost done, he stopped talking to her for 4 months. She calls him and tells him when she left she was pregnant and now she has his child(!!!!). This makes him even worse off.

Well to make a long story shorter, she comes back to town, he goes to see her for the first time in two years and shes like "Oh yeah there is no kid". How messed up is that.

He tells me "Well yeah shes crazy, good to have closure" I think FINALLY this might be over, nope not at all. She calls him 2 hours after he says this and asks if he wants to hang out and hes like "Yeah sure!"

Then the next day he is at my friends place talking about how he wants it to go back to "the way it was"

Case study on how one woman(or man, whatever) can ruin your life, if you let it happen.

Tone Guest
    Wow Don, that story is crazy lol

Poor friend =/

thank you don, see last night i was talking to this guy, and liek he was talking about how he really wants to die, he drinks constantly in the hope that he'll die from all the alcohol. He's 19...and he doesn't really want anything from life anymore. The one thing he desires is to go back to teh time when he loved her...and liek i really don't get that. This girl knows exactly how he feels, she knows how much he's sufferring...but she's not willing to help him. He demands that she let him love her...even if she doesn't love him back. Apparently because of the way she acted toward him he started to hate her, and he craves to go back to teh time when he loved her...cuz that was the only thing that gave him stability. I honestly dunno what to say or do for him anymore.....

Quote Originally Posted by XPixiedustX
    thank you don, see last night i was talking to this guy, and liek he was talking about how he really wants to die, he drinks constantly in the hope that he'll die from all the alcohol. He's 19...and he doesn't really want anything from life anymore. The one thing he desires is to go back to teh time when he loved her...and liek i really don't get that. This girl knows exactly how he feels, she knows how much he's sufferring...but she's not willing to help him. He demands that she let him love her...even if she doesn't love him back. Apparently because of the way she acted toward him he started to hate her, and he craves to go back to teh time when he loved her...cuz that was the only thing that gave him stability. I honestly dunno what to say or do for him anymore.....
    This guy has become wholly dependent on her. Women HATE dependent little men(well the majority.) Obviously he has nothing in his life that makes him happy but her.

It might seem stupid but he NEEDS a hobby or a goal. Is he in college? Does he play Sports? Does he have a job where he can advance? Does he like to hang out? He needs SOMETHING in his life that is positive.

Also if he doesn't work out, exercise is a great cure for depression and anxiety.

A broken heart sucks, but somewhere along the way HE has to make a decision. Is he going to let the wound heal or is he going to keep ripping it open by hoping for something that probably wasn't that great to being with.

That is the other twisted thing about having a broken heart, you remember things with a sort of hyper nostalgia that makes every moment out to be great when it really wasn't all that. Take my friend for example, when things were at their "best" he would complain about her and on several occasions I heard him say "How did I ever get into this" But now that it has ended his life is over? Ok.

Also your friend could be using this broken relationship as a way to explain away other emotional problems like depression, even if he got back with her I highly doubt everything would be roses.

What did he do before he was ever with her?

Good Luck

Tone Guest
    Don, you're a cool cat. I like you.

Speaking of cool people TOMMY WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Don, you're a cool cat. I like you.
    Thanks, you are cool too Tone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12