+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ohhh, Why can't we be friends?

Tone Guest
    Yeah that's a lot more tangible than some phoney thing that says if you're born on this month you act like this and people use it to excuse their behavior.

(:

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I mean its fine if your into the whole zodiac thing.....but I wouldn't revolve my whole life around it. Sometimes I read my horiscope for the heck of it and most of the time its not even right. Its still entertaining. I also would not base compatibility on each others signs..... Everyone is different. If someone said that according to the charts.....this guy and I arent compatible...but yet we get along.....I would still give it a shot.

I am a virgo too.....and I admit some of the ways they describe virgos fit me to a tee.....but I don't base it all on that. If I am overanalytical.....its just my personality trait individually. It may be that IM overanalytical about certain situations and not others. Some people are....some people don't think twice about things. It says that virgos are perfectionists as well. I can be a perfectionist when it comes to certain things....but other things I just do to get done with....and I could care less if I did it right or not. SO some of the things fit me while others don't.

I'm an aquarius. I got no idea what that means. Fill me in if it's not too much. If it says I'm lazy, oh yeah, that's me.

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

Ahaha Alright, Sorry Tone. I don't want to start arguing about Zodiac. It's just fun.

i have two virgos in my life and i will tell you that they are analytical and perfectionistic (is that a word?) and naggy ass bitches lol. so i believe the whole virgo thing.

"We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are." -- Anais Nin
    Speak less. Say more.

Staying friends after a relationship can be very hard especially if you guys dated for a long time. Usually you end up talking about the past and you either get back together or decide that the whole friends thing can't work.
    You should definitely get closure and then slowly work your way to a friendship and just make it clear that you don't wanna hear about the other girls he's seing.
    I personally have never been able to stay friends after a relationship, cuz my break ups are always messy....but the last guy i dated...it wasn't too serious so eventually i got over the fact that there were other girls in his life and now i even help with him with his girl problems...so it's not impossible...but defiitely get closure or the whoel healing process could take forever...
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.

Tone Guest
    Katini - at least you only do it for fun. The people who hardcore are into that stuff are the ones that need help, I think.

I miss reading Haywards posts ):

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Katini
    ahaha, I ENJOY the zodiac because It is the only thing I can sort of reference to explain my overanayltical self. Of course I'm not a loony, but hey--you Believe in all this self-help bullshit?
    self-what?

You just made that up didn't you?

Get out of here.

Out.

Yes, Yes I did?

Thank you, Pixiedust. That seems to make sense to me. I think I've decided the whole closure conversation is the best thing for the both of us. WE've had 3 weeks of no contact, giving each other a fair amount of time to sort of stew or move on from certain things. I think If I prepare the things I truly want to say beforehand, and make sure that I see him when I'm not feeling overly emotional, I may be okay.

a Closure talk may be the best thing right now. I'm looking for a finite sort of feeling, because so many ends were left loose. I suppose in some ways I want to get back together, but MORE THAN THAT, I want to be able to move on. And I shall be able to do that by seeing that he is prepared to do so. I'm hoping this is a good idea. And I'm not calling to arrange until I feel right about it, wheteher that's in a day or a week or whatever. Maybe jsut giving myself permission is the best thing. But I have quite a few open hurts (Like efrbody, I suppose) and This is what I think I need.

Okay.

So I actually jsut got off the phone with him. I was honest and composed and friendly. I, of course, did not bring up any issues, and I dind't cry or even feel all that nervous. I sort of suggested a meeting and we figured that WE could meet on monday early in the afrteroon. it wasn't "I'm meeting you for closure." I said that I wanted to see if we could possibly meet one day this week, and left it at that. I also said that going to one person's house would not be such a good idea. Unfortuantely, I don't fele bad after this.

Please, I do not want to hold on to him! He's let go of me, I know. he seemed quite content to hear from me and even the conversation didn't seem grudy on either end. I was proud of myself--haha, I am quite easily hurt by stuff. However, I have confirmed (someone sjut sort of blurted this to me, argh!) That he DID go out the night after we broke up, or two nights after, and did get drunk and make out with random girls. Quite not what I enjoy. Be he was free, right? I'm not pleased. That is an ******* thing to do, just nights after. and I am glad I haven't done the same, as much as I've ahd the urge and opportunity to. It's a quick sort of fix and I think....I don't know. I don't want this meeting to be full of hurt and anger, but it truly is. How have other people's closure meetings worked, if you've ever had them? I'm not even sure if I'm prepared to be his friend right now.

AGH!

i don't understand why you're meeting him.

Tone Guest
    Just setting yourself up for more disappointment and hurt.. there's 80% chance you'll leave this meeting with only more questions and more confusion... the best thing you could do is cut him out of your life and

move

on.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Why meet up?

If you guys aren't getting back together....whats the point? You are feeling anger right now and by meeting up your just gonna end up arguing and making each other more upset. Its over....its done...... Hes moving on and you should too.

This girl i am seeing now spends a lot of time with her ex. We're not serious so it doesnt bother me, but they'v been split up for 8 months now, remained best friends and this is the first time shes had any kind of relationship with anyone.
    I dont know the guy but we have mutual friends and he knows that we are seeing each other. Apparently hes pretty devastated. I feel sorry for him i cos i know how it feels, but come on....8 months. Doesnt look like stayin friends has worked here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast