+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blood Donation.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    exactly, when i have a loss of blood, i just hit up the local bar and fill up my system with hard liquor. problem solved.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing89
    ofcourse people have donated blood before!!!!!!
    No shit Sherlock. I meant people specifically on this forum.

you threw that in after i said that..

also, i did answer your question, did i not??
    Oh did I? Funny the original post doesn't say I've editied it. Maybe your just not reading posts like usual?
    Last edited by Kiechi; 24-08-05 at 05:13 PM.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    that's not the worse part about giving blood shh.... i hate sitting there for 5 minutes squeezing the pad that they give you so that your blood gets pumped out of your system. and the shitty thing is that you can't work out after that. what a waste of my time.

raverboy
    Wait wait wait. I can't work out after!? Erm, I got gym 5 times a week. A schedule I have to stick to to finish my CAS program...
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

I've donated before, it's not so bad once it gets started. Plus as said, your loaded on juice and snacks after lol. The only thing that sucks is that you feel a litle light headed afterwards, and your one arm feels half dead lol. But take it easy for the next 24 hours or so, and you'll be fine : )

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi
    No shit Sherlock. I meant people specifically on this forum.

Oh did I? Funny the original post doesn't say I've editied it. Maybe your just not reading posts like usual?
    Hey hey hey take it easy, guy.

Didn't you read in the other threads about people toughening up and not taking jokes and sarcasm too serious?

lilwing was just messin with ya..

On topic: Somethin I also always wanted to do but just don't get around to.. definately a good thing to do though, man.

I wasn't taking anything serious. I was just being a dick. However, I'm sorry I didn't sugar coat it to your liking .

On-topic:

Tone - Yeah I guess you should get round to it, and yes I guess it is a good thing. But I'm not looking forward to sitting their for 10 minutes while they suck you dry.

EDIT: Thanks everyone. Especially Shh! & Innova.

Tone Guest
    Oh, my fault, sounded like he hit a nerve.

And how exactly did you get involved in this? I mean, I know most jobs they have their annual blood drive or somethin like that.. but did you just call up the hospital and tell them you wanted to give blood? Cause isn't there certain times they don't accept blood donations?

Um actually. At school when I was in year 11 people come in to persuade people to donate blood. After the session was finished they had merchandise on the table and you ONLY could take it if you promised to donate blood. So I took one of the "Billy blood" dolls and near enough 2 years later I thought I'll stick to my promise and donate. But I'm hoping to keep it a regular thing (Donating 3 times per annum like Shh!).

but did you just call up the hospital and tell them you wanted to give blood? Cause isn't there certain times they don't accept blood donations?
    I wouldn't have a clue. I just signed up and awaited for an appointment time to donate.

And how exactly did you get involved in this? I mean, I know most jobs they have their annual blood drive or somethin like that..
    Unfortunatly, I do not have a job (Only 17, and have alot of studying to do). But I pretty much answered you question in my first point.

Hope that helped.

Tone Guest
    Yeah, thanks dood.

Donating blood is on my to-do list, along with volunteering ;p

Seriously, for what it's worth. I gave blood about 4 times per year. They really need O+ blood. So if that's your type, I encourage you to give.

I have no idea what my blood type is. Hopefully I'll be able to find out when I donate.

AB types are selfish. Damned universal recievers.
    Heit ist mein taug.

hey , im O + ... i dint know it was rare (is it really or it was just in your area) .
    From what i remember form bio class , AB+ are the most difficlut to find ...

Its a great thing, donating blood. You do help people. I donated several times a year then started donating my blood platelettes. For every 7 people who donate blood, my one time donating platelettes equals it. Blood doesnt have a long shelf life, therefore, bloodbanks are always looking for donators. You should feel good about the fact youre helping someone who really needs it.

Its not that big of deal for discomfort as long as the person whose withdrawing gets the vein within the first poke. And your arm could be soar for a bit afterwards, so use the arm you wouldnt normally write with.

I was just saying the other day I wanted to get back to donating and go for the pin~
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    kie... after you give blood, they tell you to take it easy for the rest of the day because some people are prone to passing out. back in high school our english teacher gave blood, then later raced back to her room to make it in time for class. when she got to the room, she fainted because of her change in blood levels. however, this is only for some people.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast