+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some advice

Good luck. Keep us informed of how it goes and perhaps hang around the forums. Reading and helping others might keep your mind focused on something other then your own stress.

Safe and easy labour none-the-less.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thank you for the advice! I will definetly stick around the forums.

Not to jump straight in and defending him and his words, but maybe he is just the type of guy that gives out compliments? It is a bit shady in a in a private message but I know from myself, I tend to tell ppl if they are looking particularly good one day. Its just a compliment.. You cant expect him to go through life and your marriage without ever finding other women attractive?
    I know you said you've pulled away a bit due to insecurities but how is he with affections etc recently?

Another thing is that, every persons boundaries are different , yes I would also have been a bit baffled by his need for the comment, but getting a divorce because of it?

He has never been the type to give oht compliments in that form in 9 years that we have been together especially in aprivate message if he would have commented on the photo publicly it wouldnt have bothered me but the fact that he felt he needed to compliment in a private message seems inappropriate. I also asked him how he would feel if i would have been saying that to another man and thats when he said he was wrong so he was aware of what he was doing in my eyes. He had been distant throughout the pregnancy and i had confronted him on it and he just kept telling me it was just my hormones getting to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12