+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girls, if a guy offered you a lot of money for your shoes would you accept?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Fair enough. Here's the thing, though....

Maybe it is just me, but the condom prank is a bit different (and hilarious, by the way, LOL). Nobody would be creeped out, made uncomfortable, or possibly think they are the victim of some creeper with a weird fetish from that condom prank. The shoes thing, though, could very well have such potential negative results. (Note: I feel I should make it clear I am not saying there is anything wrong with that particular fetish, or any for that matter. It isn't like you can help what you do or do not like. I just don't think most people with that particular fetish would do something so brazen as asking a woman if they can buy the shoes right off her feet, and may not appreciate other people making them look like a creeper by association.)

Though I think fukushima's thought process is perhaps a bit extreme, I think it is still a good example of why I'm not so sure a prank like that is such a great idea. Frankly, maybe that is just me, though. I can't say for sure, and being a guy, I certainly wouldn't know how women would react. You had at least a few female members respond here who didn't seem to have any issue saying they'd take the offer if the shoes weren't particularly expensive or important to them, so maybe I'm over-reacting. I don't know. Still, I'd personally consider the prank a bit iffy had I been asked to do it.
    I realize they will be creeped out, in fact I'm sure that's ny friends goal but I know we are more adventurous than most people so I can respect your point. After all we are thinking on taking skydiving courses, gone before some and loved it so as you can tell we do nothing halfway haha

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    You had at least a few female members respond here who didn't seem to have any issue saying they'd take the offer if the shoes weren't particularly expensive or important to them, so maybe I'm over-reacting. I don't know. Still, I'd personally consider the prank a bit iffy had I been asked to do it.
    I was one of those positive female responders. But Fukushima's comment made me think further. Yes, her comment may seem extreme but I don't know her background. I don't know if she's been traumatised by past events.

At any rate, I don't think any of us are in a position to dismiss an adverse reaction which a woman could have for reasons unknown.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I was one of those positive female responders. But Fukushima's comment made me think further. Yes, her comment may seem extreme but I don't know her background. I don't know if she's been traumatised by past events.

At any rate, I don't think any of us are in a position to dismiss an adverse reaction which a woman could have for reasons unknown.
    I'm just gonna say that I knew a girl who had been through a traumatic experience just from dating alone.
    And what someone labels as "over-thinking" has saved lives before.
    It doesn't just depend on your own life experience, but those of people you know.
    I am going to assume that BeaveCakes doubted their actions to some degree, otherwise they would not have asked such a question to begin with.
    If a person has full confidence about their own deeds, there is no need to question.
    Instead you'd be satisfied with the reaction you got from the women and the actual experience itself.
    But maybe I am wrong to assume that asking questions comes from doubting yourself and the possibility that maybe your actions could be taken differently than what you intended.

BeaveCake, if you really believed you were just having fun and that there was nothing to be afraid of, why come to a "non prank" related forum called "loveforum.com" to ask your question rather than just post it in PrankForum.com?
    Whether my response seemed extreme to you or not comes from your own awareness of what goes on in the real world.
    Maybe you haven't noticed but I live in Canada, which is stereo-typically "safe" and yet I've known very bad things to happen to unsuspecting people.
    You sound pretty young though so I will just leave it at that.

P.S If you tried your prank in the area where I live and a police officer saw you, you'd probably be asked a few questions just from the visible exchange of cash going on. But I'm sure you know how to watch out for that kind of thing.
    Last edited by fukushima123; 15-05-15 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fukushima123 View Post
    I'm just gonna say that I knew a girl who had been through a traumatic experience just from dating alone.
    And what someone labels as "over-thinking" has saved lives before.
    It doesn't just depend on your own life experience, but those of people you know.
    I am going to assume that BeaveCakes doubted their actions to some degree, otherwise they would not have asked such a question to begin with.
    If a person has full confidence about their own deeds, there is no need to question.
    Instead you'd be satisfied with the reaction you got from the women and the actual experience itself.
    But maybe I am wrong to assume that asking questions comes from doubting yourself and the possibility that maybe your actions could be taken differently than what you intended.

BeaveCake, if you really believed you were just having fun and that there was nothing to be afraid of, why come to a "non prank" related forum called "loveforum.com" to ask your question rather than just post it in PrankForum.com?
    Whether my response seemed extreme to you or not comes from your own awareness of what goes on in the real world.
    Maybe you haven't noticed but I live in Canada, which is stereo-typically "safe" and yet I've known very bad things to happen to unsuspecting people.
    You sound pretty young though so I will just leave it at that.

P.S If you tried your prank in the area where I live and a police officer saw you, you'd probably be asked a few questions just from the visible exchange of cash going on. But I'm sure you know how to watch out for that kind of thing.
    I posted because I was curious how women would think on it, giving me potentially different approaches too it, not to see if it would cause someone distress. And while you say some people freak over little things I don't believe that's sonethibg that should be condoned. We've become a society where everyone is afraid to offend each other and there's always some hidden meaning, of course if someone does this in a back alley you should he cautious but in broad daylight at a mall? And cops have come up to us, we show our lapel mics show footage of other things we've done from the camera and they usually say make sure not to cause too much disturbance and leave. And if they told us to stop we'd just go someone else. We're not afraid of cops because to be honest we're not doing anything to warrant such an issue. Really saddens me a question about a joke where the person who gets creeped out is considered a victim (a victim with 250 bucks) and people bring up some issue. I'm sorry but I'm tired of people being scared of their own shadows, I was bullied in school and you know what I'm not a nervous wreck it helped me grow up and stand up to issues. I've lost a father to cancer and I was closer to him than anyone, I can still handle talking about him or hear cancer jokes without getting defensive or flipping. I'm sorry but a raw nerve of mine is just how sensitive some people are, it's made us weak....deep talk coming from a kid who does jokes with his friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Overthinking also causes anxiety depression, suicide, grudges etc. I'd rather die young with my mind at ease than 80 having spent my whole life worrying what's behind me all the time. And as for me being young, I lost a father and my mother basically lost her marbles after that I grew up damn quick. So I do know what's real. Sad that a question about a damn joke elicits reactions like this. Now if you'll excuse me, I have more skydiving courses and embarrassing jokes to film, and I won't be worried about some minute chance the world will end because of it. For those who answered the question I thank you.

I suppose I can see what you mean. To some degree, I definitely do agree with you. In the grand scheme of things, asking a gal if you can buy the shoes right off of her feet, while bizarre, is not necessarily so unbelievably creepy that it SHOULD be such a big deal. If it bothers her enough, all she has to do is walk away. After that, why would it not just be gone and forgotten and just a weird story to tell friends? I also do agree with you in large part that this world has become way too concerned with offending each other, and in large part way too weak.

I just don't know if I consider this an example of that. To me, this prank is more being overly brazen and in their face more than is considered socially acceptable. I mean, think of it like if your friends said "underwear" instead of "shoes."

Fair enough, though, I do think this particular prank isn't necessarily THAT bad. To be honest, our overly-sensitive society is part of why I'd personally opt not to fulfill this prank if I were you. I could just imagine going through with this and having the bad fortune to pick the VERY wrong gal who winds up making a HUGE stink about it, getting police involved, and I wind up plastered all over the news as a "pervert" for what was meant as a harmless prank. More so, that is why I'd advise against pranks like this that could risk making people uncomfortable in the wrong kind of way.

By the way, what does sky-diving have anything to do with it? I'd happily go sky-diving, but would think twice about pulling a prank like this because of how it could get blown out of proportion.

Off your original post, I probably wouldn't accept a strangers money for my shoes and it seems like a big waste of your money too, are you and your friends rich?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12