+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: women's obsession with their bodies...

One of the things I liked about my Ex was that she had a great body, but from the way she dressed, you couldn't tell. Her great body was for my entertainment purposes only. Sure, sometimes I wished she would dress up a bit more when we went out on the town.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Tone Guest
    I hear ya TAVS, mine was the same... when she'd hang out with me it'd be jeans or sweats and a shirt or sweater, dependin on time of year... then when she'd go out with her girlfriends she'd look killer! Jaw droppin... I'd always be like "Baby why don't you dress up like that for me!" And she says "One thing I love about you is I don't have to dress up, I can just be comfortable around you and you still think I'm pretty!"

Aww...

the thing that is really strange is that men don't care, so we can't say we do it for them. who are we trying to impress by being super-thin? other women? me thinks so.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, because you know how catty other women can be.

"Oh. My. God. Becky....LOOK at her BUTT....it's sooo......BIG. She must be like, one of those rap guy's girlfriends........"

Cue Sir Mix-A-Lot
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

i believe women bring other women down more than men do. men stick together and stick up for one another. women fight and argue and can be so stupid and dramatic sometimes.

but there are some men out there that do contribute, they are definitely not innocent.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Those men.....I do not like. They tend to be men like...I Know Everything. You know, conceited and egotistic? Have their own personal idea of what the 'perfect' woman is, and doesn't mind telling those who aren't exactly HOW they don't meet their standards?

Women bring other women down to try and make themselves feel better, which is pretty low. We're all guilty of it in some way or another, but some girls are just really wicked. I'm so glad none of my friends are like that. I prefer more down to earth girls.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

yeah those guys drive me crazy. and those are exactly the guys that many girls go for. hand me my puke bag.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think most girls figure that if they can meet with the 'true' idea of beauty in the eyes of these self-proclaimed conoisseurs, then they have proven that they are 'worthy'. It's so ridiculous. Girls like that have low self esteem to begin with though, even if they are good looking.

maybe that's what it comes down to, self-esteem. lack of male attention during formative years maybe?

i would actually like to date a girl that feels good enough to wear joggings when im with her (dating) , but i woulnt like the fact that when she goes out and im not around she would dress-up , it would make me feel like she's trying to look for another man ...

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    yeah those guys drive me crazy. and those are exactly the guys that many girls go for. hand me my puke bag.
    -rsk hands misombra a puke bag-

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    i believe women bring other women down more than men do. men stick together and stick up for one another. women fight and argue and can be so stupid and dramatic sometimes.

but there are some men out there that do contribute, they are definitely not innocent.
    Women are definitely their own worst enemies.

Tone Guest
    I've had a lot to drink today... with even more coming as the night is just getting started... but I've come to the conclusion...

I need a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shh!
    Women are definitely their own worst enemies.
    I hate to say that this is true. Though, guys have the same problems too.

In highschool I was always told, "I wish I was as skinny as you!" Which creeped me out because I was underweight due to stress and depression at the time. I did know one girl that was insanely tiny, but it was actually her natural look. No matter how much she ate. I've been at a healthy weight now for over a year, so I'm happy with how I look.

Whats the point in risking your health to look like a stick. Its better to eat healthy and not worry about every calorie you eat.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    I've had a lot to drink today... with even more coming as the night is just getting started... but I've come to the conclusion...

I need a woman.
    ...and a woman needs you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast