View Poll Results: What movie would you like to watch and review for season 3?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Prestige

3 30.00%
  • Pretty in Pink

2 20.00%
  • When Harry Met Sally

1 10.00%
  • The Usual Suspects

2 20.00%
  • Over the Top

2 20.00%
  • Hector and the Search for Happiness

0 0%
  • Mumford

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movie Club Season 3 - Voting time! Get to the booths, everybody!

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=68329]ParadiseLost[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=82185]PrincessKiara[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=81312]melancholia[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=7184]Gigabitch[/MENTION]

UPDATE: Okay, gang. My plan had been to close the poll today unless we needed more time. As it is, there is a 3 way tie, but nobody else seems to be voting. I am on a business trip all next week. I don't want to keep everybody else waiting while I am gone. Here's what I'm thinking. Right now our top three are:

- The Prestige
    - Pretty in Pink
    - The Usual Suspects

I thought of doing a tie breaker vote, but the thing is then that will just delay us even further. And, who knows? THAT will probably end in a tie as well. LOL! So, I decided this time to just go about this scientifically. I found a randomizer online and had it randomize the three titles ten different times, with each getting one point each time they came in at the top of the list.

....Believe it or not, THAT ended in a tie. LOL! The end result of that was: The Prestige: 2 Pretty in Pink: 4 The Usual Suspects: 4

So, I did a tie breaker with the remaining two and instead did it five times. FINALLY that gave me a winner in "The Usual Suspects."

I probably won't have time to watch the movie anyway until I get back. That being the case, if anybody would rather use a different way to determine the winner, please feel free to do so. Otherwise, if nobody has a problem with that, then this time we will be watching and reviewing...

The Usual Suspects

Lol There is a 4 way tie now, pc's movie got in on the tie too. Is there a better way we can do votes other than polls? Are you sure you want to call it done, not wait and see how the poll goes?
    There is loads of time left with you being away a week.
    That randomizer sounds frustrating lol

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Rofl four people are tied? So it is me, megvoh, pcmaster & jffs in the race for it ~ So is the final your call to have jffs's movie take it, or do we wait out the poll or see if anyone else will vote? who hasn't voted yet that could still vote & be our tie breaker? You could ask them to break the tie for you, TheEvilJester. I'm OK with any movie, thanks to each of my movies votes.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I'm willing to wait and see how it plays out but thanks for mine coming up the winner in your randomizer -- If what breathe said above doesn't work, just ask a random member to vote and hope it breaks the tie.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I just looked at view the poll results and read some of the latest replies about there being another tie. I have not voted yet myself being only back online here today so if you want a tie break vote to call the poll ended and start the review thread [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] I can give that vote, I will be back online again Weds, so just type what you would prefer me do in here and I'll do that. Otherwise I will give your movie the vote since I would enjoy watching that movie and it has no votes as of yet.

I see that folks seem to rather keep the poll going to see if we get a tie breaker. I just didn't want to keep us waiting too long, hence why I did the randomizer rather than waiting to get back from my trip. However, since most of the actively participating folks seem to prefer, let's just wait for a tie breaker.

So, topaz, if you do happen to join back in, please do cast a vote.

Has topaz been on? Or did someone else vote?

I don't see any recent forum posts from topaz since her last visit and Meg's movie has 3 votes now -- so do we review The Prestige? If so I'll watch it this weekend.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Is mine the winning one? Or we waiting longer, who voted mine? TY
    I can give free links to movie if others can't find it to watch it themselves.

Okay, I think this would be the time to call it, then. Given the fact that we had a three way and later four way tie, I think we just need to come to a decision. So, since The Prestige has now pulled into the lead with 3 votes, let's go by sudden death rules and go with that.

So, ladies and gentleman....

The movie to watch and review this time will be The Prestige!

I will put up the thread for reviews in a day or two, but if anybody actually happens to watch it before I do, feel free to start the thread yourselves.

I've watched it awhile back so will re watch it again so I have current thoughts on all parts of it. It's a good movie with some great actors in it, so everyone should enjoy it.
    I'll put up my review by this weekend, TheEvilJester. Thank you. You should just make the thread up next visit and let the reviews roll in, do we have one month to discuss?

Hmm... I say we provide everybody 3 years, two months, three days, four hours, 35 minutes, 17 seconds, and 45 milliseconds to watch and review EXACTLY. If you are even a millisecond late, you're FIRED! LOL!

Kidding, of course. I think a month works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12