+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you tell by a look?

It must be nice to be the boss-woman! I am up early due to insomnia inspired by exams this morning...

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal
    I guess in conclusion, just being with her and simply having one-on-one interaction with her makes my day. No matter how stressed I get during the day, no matter what happens. All that time seems to reverse it and make things better. As paranoid and pessimistic as I may think, it's getting very hard to deny the fact that she feels the same connection that I do. She must enjoy this time too, otherwise she would try to avoid me or wouldn't spend so much time with me. She knows all that psychological stuff, too.. so I have a feeling that she knows about my feelings. And I feel that I subconsciously tell it through body language that I'm not aware of. But, who knows.
    I couldn't help but smile reading this.

That's so great, Prod - just be sure not to wait TOO long to make a move, I'd say it's about that time... you guys are both really into each other, she's probably at the point where she's like "Does he like me? He has to like me. I mean look how well we talk, he seems to enjoy being around me? Do you think he noticed my perfume...? Should I wear the low cut shirt next time? He has to like me!" and if you wait too long she'll get into the "Oh... he's either gay or he just likes me as a friend.. I mean why else wouldn't he make a move... why wouldn't he try taking things to the next level" etc etc and sometimes that can be a hard stage to recover from, for us guys.

This is all just my opinion, based on what you've described of the situation thus far.

indigosoul Guest
    Hi Prodigal,

It sounds like the beginnings of a lovely relationship, i agree. Also w/Tone that it might be time to make a "move" to something physical. If you want to charm her, ask her if you might kiss her. Then take her hand gently and kiss the back of it. Look into her eyes and take it from there. Good luck & have fun!

Thanks for your enthusiastic support and detailed advice, Tone. I appreciate it. Things do look up a bit, though I feel aggressive, almost excessively. If we don't run into each other by chance, I'm always the one knocking on her door, or asking her roommates if she's around. She is a bit of a homebody, though... but really... we're literally just across the hall. If she wanted to there is almost no reason to just knock on the door. Now cognizant of my aggression, something tells me to kinda lay off a bit, although something else tells me that's not good.

It could be me looking too much into things, that it just seemed so good because I sorta try to see if she has time often and she assents. Or the paranoia could just be wrong and what others here have been saying is right.

In any case, I'm looking too much into things in general. But, I've always had a tendency to overanalyze.

shh!- Your response was interesting. How do you think she knows? And is there any way I can know with her? I have a fair feeling about it, and I feel I have pretty good intuition. But I guess I'm getting to the point to where I'm getting a little scared because I'm afraid of ruining this great connection that I KNOW we have. Guess that's the problem with these sorts of transitions.

indigo- Hey nice to see you posting. Your suggestion is appealing... I just have problems with making that transition and knowing when to. When I see a couple together, I wonder how they got there. That point in time where they were no longer friends, but a couple, and what had to happen in general.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

damn.I'm envious. Lucky you- keep it going!
    to err is human, to forgive divine

Tone Guest
    Cool man, and it's good to be aggressive sometimes, you know - make sure you're being the man and all. But it's also good to make them take some of the initiative sometimes too. Backing off a bit could be a good thing, it will get her mind goin and she'll more than likely step things up a bit. You could probably get a good indication on where she stands... but then again it all depends on her personality - she also might be really shy and not very experienced when it comes to these things... so it's really a judgement call on your behalf.

You want to be available to her, but you don't want to fall into the pitfall of being there ANY time ALL the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12