+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Date/Partying question

Screw that. Drugs are bad mmmmKay?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

your not the only one. neways just taker her out at least she wants to go out with you go or it!!!!!!!!!
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

If you're of age, by a bottle of nice wine, bread and cheese and, weather permitting, have a starlight picnic. Bring candles. Weather not permitting, a new restaurant or cafe is always pleasant. Failing that, a "picnic" in a public place where it would be permissible. I used to take my dates on afternoon "picnics" in the concourse of the Chicago Art Institute. As long as people remained civilized and well-mannered the museum didn't mind that they brought a light wine and cheese lunch to eat in the enclosed court, surrounded by sculpture. Find a similar public place in your area. Of course, removing alcohol from the equation widens your range of options considerably.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 12-10-05 at 05:50 AM.
    Speak less. Say more.

Thanks for all the tips and advise everyone. It's just that she is really a party girl, although the next time we go out which will hopefully be this friday, there is a house party and i'm going to twist her arm into going cause i know she'll love it (The only reason i'll have to twist her arm is b/c she lives like 30 minutes away from me and she is complaining about the long ride). As I was saying the next time I go out with her I am going to ask her if she mabey wants to go out to dinner or something sometime. It's just something tells me that this girl is really only interested in parties and she wouldn't really want to go out on a "date", but there is really only 1 way to find out. She actually said something to me the other night at work which really felt like a stab in the stomach, she asks me "what do you think i should talk about if i was out to dinner with someone i know just so we don't end up staring at eachother in awkwardness?" and I replied "what kind of friend is it? Is it a close friend?" and she goes "no, it's like a ****- buddy." That right there felt like a stab in the stomach. The girl is seriously making herself sound like a slut and a half. She tells me how she goes out partying and has sex quite often, but she is looking for a relationship guy. I honestly think that she bullshits a lot and so does everyone else we work with , but i don't know, what do you guys think?

At the risk of sounding my age, this whole "****-buddy" frame of mind going around is indicative of how sooo unprepared so many are to have any kind of serious relationship. When having a "****-buddy" ISN'T okay or cool or whatever it is which allows people to so degrade sex, THEN those people will be ready to ATTEMPT to have a relationship that has some meaning or real worth. Until then, they're pissing in the wind and need not ask themselves anything too important. It just complicates the ****ing.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    **** drinking...and buy some weed. I drank like a fish in the 5th grade then I discovered hash and I thought ..."why the hell am I wasting my time with alchohol."
    Then one day you will discover that you just wasted time on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Fajemeister
    It's just that she is really a party girl,
    LMAO
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

the warning lights are going off...

Tone Guest
    I think if she wanted a serious relationship with you - she probably wouldn't talk about "**** buddies".

Sorry to say man... but I'd try to ditch this girl. To make it easy - make the moves on her... that way if she rejects you it will be easier to stay away and quicker to move on than playing this friends only bullshit when you really are slobberin over her in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by giulia
    the warning lights are going off...
    I know, thats why I wish I could not tlike this girl. But it's hard when you see her several times a week at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    I think if she wanted a serious relationship with you - she probably wouldn't talk about "**** buddies".

Sorry to say man... but I'd try to ditch this girl. To make it easy - make the moves on her... that way if she rejects you it will be easier to stay away and quicker to move on than playing this friends only bullshit when you really are slobberin over her in your mind.
    The thing is I know for a fact that she talks a lot of bullshit just to make her self sound like she's all that and she can get mad guys. Yet when I talk to her on a more personal level she won't say anything like that, she makes herself sound like she is a real angel. I am so confused over this. I'm also not aloud to date her cause my boss has strict rules of no dating between employees. I'm just going to keep playing this out and see where it goes.

Tone Guest
    Well that could be very possible too. She might just not know how to talk to a guy she likes, so she might think "Hey what do guys like? Sex - okay, 'So I have this **** buddy...' oh yeah he'll like that!"

Just be careful, don't put too much into this girl.

I wouldn't think a guy would want to be in a serious relationship with a girl who screws around with a bunch of different guys. I just can't see how she would use that as a way to get him to like her more? Maybe if he was just after a one night stand or something. Who knows, I would leave her alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Well that could be very possible too. She might just not know how to talk to a guy she likes, so she might think "Hey what do guys like? Sex - okay, 'So I have this **** buddy...' oh yeah he'll like that!"

Just be careful, don't put too much into this girl.
    I'm trying my hardest not to get attatched. You have no idea how hard it is when she is so god damn flirty and hot. The thing that throws me off is that she will come over to me and be like I have to tell you something, so i'll listen and she'll tell me all this shit. Meanwhile there are other girls that work with us and it seems like this is some stuff girls would talk about amongst themselves. I don't know whyy she would come to me, especially about the **** buddy thing. Well i'm trying to get her to come out with me this fri night to a house party, if she decides to come i'll do a couple of things to see if she is interested in me or not.

Guys I need a little advice. I just IM'd her to double check to see if she wanted to come to the party tomrrow night cause she said she did but she was a little hesitant b/c she has to sober out and stuff to drive home. So I kept running my mouth like an idoit and didn't shut up and I said some stuff that I shouldn't of said, like it sounded ok in my head at the time but then she got weirded out by it. Like I was saying "youo don't have to sober out and drive home if you don't want to, people will be crashing at the girls house who is throwing the party. If you really want to go home, I'll make sure you stop drinking at a certain time so you can sober up and drive. Just trust me, i'll make sure everythings ok." I used that line "just trust me" twice in the convo and she then came out and said "stop getting all mooshy, your freakin me out" I wasn't trying to be mooshy, I was just trying to let her know basically that I have her back. The later on she said I was annoying cause I kept talking about the party. I then appologized after about 10 minutes of no conversation by saying "sorry for being a dick, I'm just really excited". At one point she asked me "why do you care so much if I go?" and I said "because you said you had a good time at the last party we went to and you said you wanted to party again, so i have another party to go to". I really wanted to tell her it's because I think she's an awsome friend and I had a good time at the last party, but i didn't want to freak her out anymore. What do you guys think about this? Do you think I should try calling her tomorrow/tonight eventhough she's out for the night with her friends? I do want to appologize again for being on the high strung side before I see her at work cause I don't want there to be wierdness. Please I need help, I'm getting really freaked out right now, is there anything I can do to to save tomrrow night? Please someone respond.

sounds like shes out with her **** buddy and cant be bothered with you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast