Thread: What Annoyed you today

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    haha I told you :-P
    Oh, sure. Rub it in, why don't you?

Brat.

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Another Saturday Screw-Up at work.

A customer had booked our lounge area for a private party and was told that because she did not want to pay the $100/hr upcharge to rent the whole room that she could reserve a few tables for her party provided they were going to be purchasing food and drink. We were going to use the open tables to seat other customers since we tend to fill up on weekends.

So, she arrived (and I had a feeling it was gonna go down like this) and was surprised that the whole room wasn't reserved for her. I told her that my boss informed me that because they weren't paying the standard rental fee that they were only able to use the tables reserved for their party. She was about to throw a fit so I had to go ahead and allow her the whole room without my boss' consent ('cause they weren't present). Meanwhile, my boss called later to tell me to tell her "No" and to adhere to the original arrangement. I told him that I'd already changed the plans and I refused to go back on my word to her. So, that was that.

I hate customers that don't get it. Restaurants and the servers thrive on turn-over. To have a person sit at a table, nursing one coffee for 3 hours, makes us NO MONEY.

That $100/hr upcharge covers us for the turn-over we won't get when a private party of 10-15 is taking up a space meant for 30-40 people and the time and labor it takes to clean the room (that carpet is a bitch to vacuum).

Grr.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Another Saturday Screw-Up at work.

A customer had booked our lounge area for a private party and was told that because she did not want to pay the $100/hr upcharge to rent the whole room that she could reserve a few tables for her party provided they were going to be purchasing food and drink. We were going to use the open tables to seat other customers since we tend to fill up on weekends.

So, she arrived (and I had a feeling it was gonna go down like this) and was surprised that the whole room wasn't reserved for her. I told her that my boss informed me that because they weren't paying the standard rental fee that they were only able to use the tables reserved for their party. She was about to throw a fit so I had to go ahead and allow her the whole room without my boss' consent ('cause they weren't present). Meanwhile, my boss called later to tell me to tell her "No" and to adhere to the original arrangement. I told him that I'd already changed the plans and I refused to go back on my word to her. So, that was that.

I hate customers that don't get it. Restaurants and the servers thrive on turn-over. To have a person sit at a table, nursing one coffee for 3 hours, makes us NO MONEY.

That $100/hr upcharge covers us for the turn-over we won't get when a private party of 10-15 is taking up a space meant for 30-40 people and the time and labor it takes to clean the room (that carpet is a bitch to vacuum).

Grr.
    They key is to make the customer work for it.

Well, in retail at least.

I loved making people beg.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There's a sweet spot between customer satisfaction and profit that you've got to find. Sometimes you need to put your foot down and say no. Sometimes you need to recognize a customer who's worth more in the long run and go out of your way to cater to his or her needs.

When I worked in advertising I'd see a guy walk in off the street and I immediately knew he was not going to be a loyal customer, therefore I would milk him for everything I possibly could and he'd get to hear the word no quite a bit more than the average customer is accustomed. Someone comes along from a reputable business, however, and I'm all smiles and discounts because I know it'll pay off.

Some people just can't say no. Me? I feel a perverse sense of satisfaction when I piss off an idiot customer by refusing an absurd demand.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

The only thing I have to complain about, really, are these jackass Russians I have to stay with in the hostel. They are from Vladimir. I am in a room with 8 people and two are Russians. The Russians are pissing everyone off and they don't speak English. I tried communicating with them on everyone's behalf, since I know a little Russian, but they still giggle and make a lot of noise in the middle of the night.

^^ still sounds better than your ex gf's hell hole house, you are making the best of a bad situation. Hang in there, mang.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I went to work because I didn't know what else to do despite I have all August free of work and university. That's how ****ed up my life is.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Was cooking potatoes for lunch and fell asleep. Good that the stunk woke me up or I would asphyxiate myself. And on top of that I fell asleep in a bad position and my neck hurts as ****. And I need to rescue my pot , any ideas how to clean a charred pot? :/
    I wazzzz here

I'll tell you what really irritates me now... one of my acquaintances, a friend of my brother, was murdered 2 years ago. He was beaten to death at a party by some barbaric monster more tahn twice his age. My condolences and everything, but he has a facebook page. Today is his birthday, and just like last year, they are posting birthday wishes on his wall as if he is still alive. Nobody ever writes on his wall other than that. It just irritates me how people can't accept when a person passes away, so they just pretend like it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    She was about to throw a fit so I had to go ahead and allow her the whole room without my boss' consent ('cause they weren't present).
    Bet you won't do that again. I wouldn't have. I don't support asshole behavior like hers. I'm a mean-ass cow when it comes to stuff like this because I was in the biz for so long and just got tired of being taken advantage of. I'll bet she didn't even say thank you.

Today I am annoyed that one of my cats is so freaking naughty that I lost sleep over her shenanigans last night. She coughed up a hairball, meowed loudly for no reason and dragged in a huge moth to play with, all before five in the morning.
    Spammer Spanker

Who in the **** thanked me?

whoreable headache today.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Oh yeah? How much?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My kid was invited to leave camp early because of seizures.

I am so grateful this didn't happen until the end of the summer.

On a funny note, there was a girl was at camp that had a tracheostomy, and the girl was bitching at my daughter for not acknowledging her as being the sicker one. I don't know why, but the idea of one-upsmanship amongst kids with chronic conditions struck me as hilarious.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

On a funny note, there was a girl was at camp that had a tracheostomy, and the girl was bitching at my daughter for not acknowledging her as being the sicker one. I don't know why, but the idea of one-upsmanship amongst kids with chronic conditions struck me as hilarious.
    I agree. That's hilarious. And trach girl can't compete- sorry. Your kid wins.
    Spammer Spanker