+ Follow This Topic
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: In Praise of Traditional Women

Pulls out trunk... let's see...

*tosses to the side whips, chains, handcuffs, choke-chains, gimp suit, gag, blindfold, collar, leash... *

Anything I'm missing?

----

300th post... whoo hoo!

BG actually is what personifies everything that makes a mockery of men. Traditional women are great, but there's a big difference between a traditional woman and a medieval woman. When you say things like this, you actually make it virtually impossible to help others understand distinctions between male chauvinism and simply stating a reasonable preference. One may find deep frustration with modern society and the fact that traditional men more or less an anachronism to be mocked by many of our multiple thanked co-discussants. But there is a big difference between finding deep frustration with the present, and lauding an ancient "drag em by the hair" approach--based in an equal realm of irrationality and the modern condition which you and others reject.

Be principled, or seek to become principled (everyone of us falls away from the right path and it is a regular battle to be good because human beings are not so by nature), and at least one can live within oneself (albeit that might be alone and painful, but principle does become a fire by which one can warm oneself).

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post

Be principled, or seek to become principled (everyone of us falls away from the right path and it is a regular battle to be good because human beings are not so by nature), and at least one can live within oneself (albeit that might be alone and painful, but principle does become a fire by which one can warm oneself).
    i take issue with this. not true. there is temptation to be selfish indeed as per the ego which is massaged by our society. but once one is alone the ego can no longer be massaged. there are distractions that keep people busy away from facing themselves but as you can see cam from LF alone many do end up questioning and eventually facing a part of themselves. one can’t hide from their true selves forever. they get snippets of conscious guilt not a mind the unconscious guilt. the human conscience is much stronger than the ego in the end. I don’t think humans are made to be selfish genetically/by nature. It’s something that has been conditioned.

EDIT: after reading that i changed my mind slightly (ironically hence the following statement lol), i do think humans struggle and in some ways are bipolar. it's the bombardment of media convincing people that they are not good enough is the conditioning part that i refer to and people really take the info spewed out and pass this info on as gospel about human nature amongst each other from the tiniest dirty look to extreme judgments. people sometimes can't win and therefore fall into the trap of selfishness because it rewards materialistically and is very much praised. i don't think it's the *first* thing a human thinks about. material wealth is not a natural state/need in my opinion. we didn't always have money and things. we had each other for a long time before that
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 30-09-09 at 11:54 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Humans are not inherently anything, because in nature, there is no such thing as good and evil.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, humans are inherently programmed to survive, there is that. Not terribly helpful for the present issue, I understand.

I still say the answer is Heinlein-esque Line Marriages. Ref - The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress. But you guys are so selfish you'll still kill each other over your 'perfect woman'. Maybe perfect women, and men, should be shared to produce perfect children.

I know, I'm such a full-of-crap hippie.

But its only due to social conditioning we don't do this. I can think of loads of reasons why the principle is a good one.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Humans are not inherently anything, because in nature, there is no such thing as good and evil.
    Stated simply here and yet a festering debate for thousands of years. I'd prefer to accept the notion that the good/evil debate in terms of inherent nature of humankind is hardly a closed and will likely never come to any final conclusion.

The notion that the concepts have no validity is lubricious. The logical response to the idea that good and evil do not exist would be to ask: So, Hitler, Mao and Stalin were neither good nor evil in their murder of tens of millions?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Stated simply here and yet a festering debate for thousands of years. I'd prefer to accept the notion that the good/evil debate in terms of inherent nature of humankind is hardly a closed and will likely never come to any final conclusion.

The notion that the concepts have no validity is lubricious. The logical response to the idea that good and evil do not exist would be to ask: So, Hitler, Mao and Stalin were neither good nor evil in their murder of tens of millions?
    Precisely.

Which is not to suggest I have no moral judgment.

Everyone does, but that judgment is not hardwired into humans.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it is to a degree. But there are common threads in the moral structures of almost all the cultures I've ever heard of. Even monkeys for example, have certain behaviours that aren't tolerated. I think evolution has hardwired the foundations of our moral codes into it. The skeleton, if you will.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Precisely.

Which is not to suggest I have no moral judgment.

Everyone does, but that judgment is not hardwired into humans.
    actually i disagree. we inherently dislike to see something in people that we would see in ourselves as bad. therefore we make judgments...conditioning comes later.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 30-09-09 at 08:13 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

psychological research says that morals are learned, not inherited.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^ well I guess that's that sorted then.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

really?! mis lol so throughout the history of man they never had the instinct to know the difference between right and wrong hahahaha

so i guess for all we know we could be absolutely evil since we have no idea other than what we have been told, i guess we did need the 10 commandments then huh....lol
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 30-09-09 at 08:23 PM.

psychological research says that stuff is learned.

haha your opinion has been stumped by actual research.

well research verses sense..hmmmmm i wonder since we're all just conditioned to think a certain way and instincts have no part to play according to your comment...do the researchers have it right? this is funny

why don't you do a little research on your own and find out for yourself. that's what i did.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast