+ Follow This Topic
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: In Praise of Traditional Women

ok lets see your research, i'm sure you're dying to show us which is what your comments lead up to.....go for it
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

do your own damn research or continue to spout shit you know jack about.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it is outrageously simplistic to say ''morals are learned''.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

agreed cb for example darling mis read the following, might give you more insight as to how researchers you read may not have it right

[url]http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/02/27/health/webmd/main4833443.shtml?source=RSSattr=Health_4833443[/url]
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I think it falls into that "Nature Vs Nurture" debate. The one where no one knows to what degree either one affects the person.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

geez people go and look for yourselves. i've read books on it, i've taken classes on it, my bf works in a childrens psychiatric ward and sees it all the time.

if you're really that interested then go and find out. don't take my word for it. come and argue me on this when you've actually done a little looking into the subject.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    guys, its okay: she's read books on it.

[url]http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=11+boy+kills+father&fr=ush-news&ygmasrchbtn=Web+Search[/url]

check out that link. little kids killing their parents. i'll tell you that a lot of those kids are not abused. and after they kill their parent or whoever, most of them have absolutely no remorse over what they did.

how does a person who is born with morals go on to kill their parents? they're probably not taught right from wrong.

with some of the kids who were abused before they did it, those kids were taught that violence was okay. key word, taught.
    Last edited by misombra; 30-09-09 at 11:17 PM.

and note they use guns to kill-where the responsibility lies is?????. we all played cowboys and indians when we were kids....anyway you seem to say you are right and we're wrong even with evidence presented. no point discussing it with a blank wall

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    [url]http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=11+boy+kills+father&fr=ush-news&ygmasrchbtn=Web+Search[/url]

check out that link. little kids killing their parents. i'll tell you that a lot of those kids are not abused. and after they kill their parent or whoever, most of them have absolutely no remorse over what they did.

how does a person who is born with morals go on to kill their parents? they're probably not taught right from wrong.

with some of the kids who were abused before they did it, those kids were taught that violence was okay. key word, taught.
    hmmmm yes, I see. Kids killing their parents. Yes, yes, I see. And you've read books on it too, you say? Books! Well, case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    and note they use guns to kill-where the responsibility lies is?????. we all played cowboys and indians when we were kids....anyway you seem to say you are right and we're wrong even with evidence presented. no point discussing it with a blank wall
    you're right. i'm not trying to argue it. i have scientific research to back me up which you probably have the same access to. you guys are free to have your opinions, but they are wrong.

and if you want to argue it, you'll have to get to work on showing that your supposed common sense theory is right over what scientists have already concluded.

oh and about the gun thing. are you seriously using the argument that kids playing with guns and then killing their parents is inherited? cause that was stupid.
    Last edited by misombra; 01-10-09 at 02:24 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eco, mbe you should read the links and understand them before posting?

That link you posted doesn't say anything about morals being inherent. You didn't understand the researchers point. Adam Andersons group at U of T studies the neural and evolutionary basis of emotion. It is his theory that our emotions have been tied to *survival* traits, like the avoidance of toxic foods.

In fact, that article supports what Miso says about higher behaviour like morals being learned. Which comes right back to what I said, that it all boils down to selection for survival.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

heh indi i guess you didn't read the full article i posted, here's the headline written in bold at the top of the article. i guess you missed it...

Moral Disgust Linked To Primitive Emotion
    Study Shows Our Sense Of Right And Wrong Has Roots In A Survival Instinct Of Early Humans

maybe you should have read the whole article before your lickarse comment.

i with mish and cb on this mis's research it is not conclusive. duh.

I thought it was one of our evolutionary advantages that humans are able to learn so many things and do not rely so heavily on instinct as many other animals do?

Of course morality isn't instinctive... but the desire to survive is, and often times morality helps a large population of people coexist relatively peacefully (most of the time).

In regards to the children coming from good home who turn on their parents... well the human race is numbering in the billions now. The greater the numbers the higher the likelihood that you'll see the 'defective' ones. The brain is incredibly intricate, so I would imagine there is much that can go wrong in its development. It could be genetic, it could be environmental, or a combination of both where environmental factors encourage the expression of a genetic fault in mental development, whereas under different environmental factors it may not have been possible.

And of course... who's to say that the kids came from perfectly good homes in the first place when the parents are dead and you have outsiders who are making the assessment of what a child's upbringing might've been like?

Point in case... all my neighbors who knew my mom while I was growing up would've said she was a caring and devoted mother. I doubt they would've believed she was slowly poisoning me throughout my childhood. So how much accuracy can you really derive from outside perspectives?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Meh. News people often get it wrong, Eco. Whoever wrote that title isn't understanding the point of the research either.

Last time I checked, *I'm* the scientist here, not you. I know this guys group at U of T. I'm not wrong. You are. Sorry.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast