+ Follow This Topic
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Hm, I hadn't thought of it that way. OK, I'll schedule one. Unfortunately the semester ends next month so sessions could only be no more than a handful, most likely.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Hm, I hadn't thought of it that way. OK, I'll schedule one. Unfortunately the semester ends next month so sessions could only be no more than a handful, most likely.
    Scoring you a C- on that effort. Not good enough.

If you are serious about getting help, find a Psychologist who doesn't take school break. Are you covered under your parent's health fund? Or will they help with the costs?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

One thing to remember - it's not a science. If you don't like your psychologist/psychiatrist/counselor you can change. I don't mean if they make you uncomfortable - that's something they HAVE to do, but if what they're doing doesn't sit well with you - you can change them.

I generally tend to distrust psychiatrists - They're MD's first and mental tinkerers second. I think they're more likely to prescribe drugs and not get at the root of the problem.

And again, psychology isn't science, it's art. Some artists are better than others.

Very true. If the first one doesn't work for you, try another.

I know a Primary School Counsellor who offended virtually everyone she works with professionally. My formal complaint about her was just one of many! But the independent child psychologist I used with my son was brilliant. Not only helped with strategies for my son, but helped hubby and I work as a team with him.

Yes, I realise you won't be seeing a child psychologist - this is simply an example of the good and bad out there.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Yes, I realise you won't be seeing a child psychologist.
    Why not? That'd probably be a good place for him to start.

LOL, wow, thanks bro. Anyway, I don't want anyone in my family knowing. Mexicans tend to think psychologists are for disgusting freaks and will make fun of any family member about it.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

They don't have to know unless you tell them.

That's why getting a non-school provided psych. would be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    LOL, wow, thanks bro. Anyway, I don't want anyone in my family knowing. Mexicans tend to think psychologists are for disgusting freaks and will make fun of any family member about it.
    So you are mexican? Do you date mexican girls too?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I'm half. And no, of the girls I've ever had something going with, almost none were Mexican. I'm not a gangbanger which is the preferred kind of male for Mexican girls.

there's that "something going with" remark again.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

LOL. Well, I can't say I dated these girls, nor was I in a relationship with them.

So you were just a pimp?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Then would you PULEEEEEZE give Your definition of your term: "something going with." Because to me, looking at and wishing you could be with them is far from having something "going with them." Same with arranging a first meet with someone from a dating site... it isn't "somthing going with them." Not at that point, anyway.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

"Something going with" girls means: hooking up one night and starting to sort of see each other informally, or in talks to maybe get something going, e.g. maybe go on a date. Surprised there's this much confusion over it.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast