+ Follow This Topic
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Bored George's Discontent With Life/Women/Anything Thread

I have no hobbies or interests. If I am not at work I spend time sitting around like a Zombie. Occasionally I might try and learn something but usually I am too lazy.

I have nothing to say to girls when I do see them and I see very little opportunity to talk to them. On the odd occassion that I do they usually seem to wonder what they hell it is that I want. There is very little to say, so I don't say anything.

Its pretty clear that I lack the necessary social skills to form a relationship. After all this time, and it is not like I have always been a hermit. I'm going to the Doctor, and he'll prescribe a psychologist, who will probably give me some medication or means of coping so I stop getting so moody.

Maybe I should have been more aggressive in my persuits when I was younger, because right now I cannot see how I am ever going to find a girlfriend, it is so difficult to meet people, let alone get past the fire wall all women have up because they secretly hate men. Anyway why I am even bothering being pissed off or angry, most women are shallow, mean and materialistic.
    Last edited by BoredGeorge; 20-12-09 at 11:32 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    BoredGeorge - ever since I graduated nursing school, I have been bored too. I am looking for something to fill my time... I tend to get myself into trouble when I have too much time on my hands.

I tried looking into taking a film class at the local college (for fun), but due to state budget cuts, those classes have been cancelled. So then I tried to volunteer my time at the local community theater house, but I can't get them to call me back. I looked into volunteer positions in my area, but they all involve caring for sick or old people in some way, which is what I do for a living, so I ruled that out.

(sigh) I may have to resort to yoga. i just hope none of those hippy-dippy fake flower children try to convert me to veganism.

Maybe you should try yoga too? The we can both be miserable.
    Last edited by vashti; 20-12-09 at 11:36 AM.

vash, they have plenty of non-hippy-dippy yoga places. You just have to be selective. Where are you from?

I hear you about the volunteer stuff too. Maybe you should just march down there and see what they say. I'm trying to get back into volunteering at a horse farm near San Diego, but I had to miss the info meeting this morning due to work. Laaame.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    BoredGeorge - ever since I graduated nursing school, I have been bored too. I am looking for something to fill my time... I tend to get myself into trouble when I have too much time on my hands.

I tried looking into taking a film class at the local college (for fun), but due to state budget cuts, those classes have been cancelled. So then I tried to volunteer my time at the local community theater house, but I can't get them to call me back. I looked into volunteer positions in my area, but they all involve caring for sick or old people in some way, which is what I do for a living, so I ruled that out.

(sigh) I may have to resort to yoga. i just hope none of those hippy-dippy fake flower children try to convert me to veganism.

Some days are worse than others. I can get horribly depressed. Seems I have a lot of stored hate, which is difficult to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    Its pretty clear that I lack the necessary social skills to form a relationship. After all this time, and it is not like I have always been a hermit. I'm going to the Doctor, and he'll prescribe a psychologist, who will probably give me some medication or means of coping so I stop getting so moody.

Maybe I should have been more aggressive in my persuits when I was younger, because right now I cannot see how I am ever going to find a girlfriend, it is so difficult to meet people, let alone get past the fire wall all women have up because they secretly hate men. Anyway why I am even bothering being pissed off or angry, most women are shallow, mean and materialistic.
    true story lol
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

Piano did it for me. Music.

it is so difficult to meet people, let alone get past the fire wall all women have up because they secretly hate men. Anyway why I am even bothering being pissed off or angry, most women are shallow, mean and materialistic.
    I couldn't ever put it better myself.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not all women hate men, but george, you have to deal with and change, your attitude towards women, if you come accross IRL like you do on this forum, its no wonder that you havnt got a girlfriend.
    Though i do think most of it is just a front to hide your sadness of not having a loving girlfriend.
    Maybe it is a good idea if you see the doctor, at least that is a start, and hopefully it will help you with your self esteem and obvious confidence issues.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I have no hobbies or interests. If I am not at work I spend time sitting around like a Zombie. Occasionally I might try and learn something but usually I am too lazy.

I have nothing to say to girls when I do see them and I see very little opportunity to talk to them. On the odd occassion that I do they usually seem to wonder what they hell it is that I want. There is very little to say, so I don't say anything.
    Don't worry about finding girls for now. Do something good for yourself. When was the last time you did that? Do it now.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some days are worse than others. I can get horribly depressed. Seems I have a lot of stored hate, which is difficult to let go.
    I know what you mean. (except for the hate - I don't usually feel hatred for people so much as disgust.)

OV - I was thinking about taking up an instrument...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I always think about taking up an instrument.

But then I pick up a videogame controller and the thought disappears.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A friend of mine leads poetry readings at some cafe every Tuesday night... it actually looks like fun! He has a video on his Facebook reading a group poem that is hysterical. Maybe I should check it out.*

*This would only be a problem if they want me to participate... somehow I doubt my "roses are red" stuff would impress.

God so many gay ideas... 'poetry' and 'volunteering to help the poor'.

I know.. I take up rugby union and boxing so I can bash some people.

This is Australia guys... the poor hardly exist.... and no one reads poetry in Cafes... unless you are a 35 year old woman or 40 year old man with questionabl sexuality. The reason for this is that everyone is to busy having sex with their partners.

Vash, what about scrap booking? Something artistic and long lasting. Scrapbooking leads to other things like photography and traveling too.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you joking? I *love* men. Crazy and handsome and brilliant. Even when they make me angry enough to spit I still like them. Their simplicity is their strength. Button A causes outcome x, button B causes outcome y.

Really, what do you expect George? You haven't bothered to try to understand women, once you do, then you can decide to either hate them or love them.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast