+ Follow This Topic
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: got any favorite new tv shows you watch?

My friends in the USA binge watched a show called GLOW. About ladies wrestling based on a true story from 80s, I think. I haven't seen it yet but wanted to suggest it because apparently they really enjoyed it, and said it is a good summer watch.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Yeah, GLOW was actually pretty good. I watched it too. I was too young to ever see the actual GLOW, but I have always been a wrestling fan. The Netflix show isn't 100% based on the actual story. A lot of the characters were changed. For example "Machu Picchu" is based on the character Mt. Fuji. Zoya the Destroya is based on Colonel Ninotchka. So, I imagine some of the story is also dramatized and not true, but it is based on or "inspired by" the actual true story.

It was good, though. I'm a big Alison Brie fan, so that was a plus for me. I'm hoping Netflix picks it up for more seasons.

They said same, Jester. I will try to watch it when I find it online then this summer. Did you like the acting in it, was it more a comedy drama?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I think it was more a drama but with plenty of comedic moments. I don't think I'd really say it was strictly a comedy. It definitely had funny moments, but it was more a drama, I think.

Another great Netflix show was 13 Reasons Why. It was very deep and well done. I will warn, it is about a very touchy subject, and it can be very intense, especially the last few episodes. So, keep that in mind when deciding whether or not to watch it. It is about a high school girl who, sadly, took her own life. Before doing so, she recorded a set of 13 tapes explaining the whole story, step by step as to what led her to give up. It wasn't just any one thing, but a terrible series of events.

The show was so well done and so well acted. I found myself getting deeply involved with the characters. Especially Hannah herself, who was so quirky and funny and sweet that you couldn't help but fall in love with her. In the end, you almost want to jump into show yourself and beg her not to do it... but of course being as it is the whole premise of the show, you know her story doesn't have a happy ending.

Having struggled with depression and feelings of hopeless my whole life, this series really hit home. I would personally NEVER take my own life merely because I have a stubborn refusal to give up. BUT, I've never approved of the attitude some people have of vilify somebody who loses this horrible battle and winds up taking their own life. You don't know their story and don't know what kind of horrible pain they may have been in, so you have no right to judge. I think, instead, we should understand that somebody who could come to that decision must have been suffering more than we can imagine to the point where they felt there was no hope. That is something to pity, not to vilify, and I think this show illustrated that beautifully.

I went through all the new Kimmy shows, did you, Jester? and all the GLOW shows ( Loved it!..) Now I've got nothing to watch... I started some docu mystery science show called American Ripper that was okay, only a show in on it to date... I never watched ^^^^ 13 reasons, so you liked it? I might check that out.

same here, dollhouse. wouldn't mind finding a show that i didn't watch previously and get into it for the summer while all the good shows are off on hiatus.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Yeah, I've finished all the Kimmy Schmidt episodes. And I know what you both mean about needing something to watch. I'm still behind on my DVR, which is somewhat of a blessing in disguise because there is almost NOTHING new recording these days. Other than WWE, which I mostly record just to fast forward through so I can just keep up to date with what happened, I think the only things actively recording are Fear the Walking Dead and.... one other show that is suddenly slipping my mind. Getting worried I will have nothing to watch.

Anyway, I loved 13 Reasons. Again, though, I do caution that it is very intense. So, don't watch if you do not want to watch something upsetting. It was VERY well done, though, I thought. I think it was great.

there is a new show called blood drive i might try to watch. here is what imdb says about it:
    Set in a near-dystopian future, the series features a former cop, who is forced to take part in a death race in which cars run on human blood as fuel.

Storyline

Grace is a street racer on the open road whose car runs on....people. Arthur is a cop trying to make a better world everyday. They get thrown together into a race, an event from Los Angeles to Phoenix which the loser losing their lives. Along the way they encounter psychos, freaks and innocents. Arthur wants to do right, but the rules don't allow his moral code to exist. Grace finally convinces Arthur, it's a do or die race. They must band together or forfeit their lives. Will they finish last only to die? Will Grace do anything to win? Who feeds the car next?
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

A reality show called A night with my Ex.

Quote Originally Posted by CantMoveOn View Post
    A reality show called A night with my Ex.
    Good God. Personally, I think I'd rather bathe in acid. LOL!

They have the second season of Top Of The Lake with Elizabeth Moss and Nicole Kidman is in it this season.

[MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION], [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] and others... If you want a good new show to watch if you haven't watched it yet check out : OZARK ( .....so good stars Laura Linney and Jason Bateman) 10/10 only two shows in but I am hooked.

Amazon Video has a new live action series coming near the end of August (I think August 25 if I recall correctly) for The Tick. I am SUPER looking forward to that. I've always loved The Tick. Loved the cartoon, loved the original live action series, and loved the few comic books I've seen of it. I also saw the pilot episode a while back on Amazon and thought it looked great. So I am super psyched to see more episodes.

Spoooooooooon!

[MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION] haven't see or heard of that one yet but i like stuff jason bateman has been in before so i will try to find it either online or on tv.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Peter SC View Post
    TheEvilJester, wait jester minute. Do you still watch AMC's The Walking Dead? It's back on this fall!
    Was that an intentional pun there, or just a typo? Because I LOVE that. LOL! "Wait jester minute!"

Anyways, yes I do still watch The Walking Dead. I have quite the love/hate relationship with Negan. Love that actor, love the character..... but at the same time I hate him for what he does to Rick and his group, so I also kinda can't wait to see him die a horrible death.

I also watch "Fear the Walking Dead" which is currently in progress for the new season. I like it, but I don't think it is anywhere even NEAR to as good as the original. I'll watch it as long as they keep making it, but I wouldn't be heart broken if it didn't continue. I don't even know quite why, but I just can't get into it as much as the original.

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast