+ Follow This Topic
Page 240 of 405 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Ugh, I found out for just my British lit course, I will be studying 33 texts. Not just little snippets of joy, either. We're covering all the literature from the middle ages up until now. God damnit, I've never read so many books at once. This is gonna suck ass.
    I took a class like that to...we read so much...started with Beowulf and ended with Merchant of Venice.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

i hate being dismissed via txt. it's blunt and doesn't help when i was waiting on a joking light-hearted response.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkitkitty View Post
    i hate being dismissed via txt. it's blunt and doesn't help when i was waiting on a joking light-hearted response.
    This is why I hate texting. I (and many others) habitually apply tone to people's text messages, when I know that they could have possibly meant the message to be read in an entirely different light.

I add smiley faces and hearts a lot of the time so people get the right idea when I text them.

For the most part, I refrain from texting unless I have a general statement to make like, "Running late. See you in 20." Or, "Thinking of you. Hope your day is going well!" I don't carry on conversations via text.

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    I took a class like that to...we read so much...started with Beowulf and ended with Merchant of Venice.
    That's exactly what we are starting and ending with.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    This is why I hate texting. I (and many others) habitually apply tone to people's text messages, when I know that they could have possibly meant the message to be read in an entirely different light.

I add smiley faces and hearts a lot of the time so people get the right idea when I text them.

For the most part, I refrain from texting unless I have a general statement to make like, "Running late. See you in 20." Or, "Thinking of you. Hope your day is going well!" I don't carry on conversations via text.
    i completely agree with you. i used to txt loads in my early teens, now i prefer at least a phone conversation. but it's all sorted now
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Every single girl I am dating or flirting with will not pick up my calls, but they answer the texts right away. What the ****? They must be really afraid to **** something up or say something really stupid lol.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Every single girl I am dating or flirting with will not pick up my calls, but they answer the texts right away. What the ****? They must be really afraid to **** something up or say something really stupid lol.
    I have friends like this. I am not sure what the deal is. It's more effort for me to text than to make a quick phone call. I think people feel special when they have a reason to text someone. I don't get it.

Had a freaky dream!!

(In my dream) I woke up in the morning to find a strange half-naked woman rummaging through my things. I inquired as to who the hell she was, but she just laughed at me. I suddenly noticed that things were missing from my apartment, and I began to get angry. Every time I asked her where something was, she just smiled condescendingly, laughed, and shrugged. I felt so angry, and I started hitting her each time she failed to answer one of my questions. I told her to "Get the fcuk out!" She suddenly got angry and stormed out.

Then I looked in the mirror and noticed my veneers had fallen out. Ugh. Then I really woke up.

All week long stress/fatigue headache. I can't wait to sleep in on Saturday.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Had a freaky dream!!

(In my dream) I woke up in the morning to find a strange half-naked woman rummaging through my things. I inquired as to who the hell she was, but she just laughed at me. I suddenly noticed that things were missing from my apartment, and I began to get angry. Every time I asked her where something was, she just smiled condescendingly, laughed, and shrugged. I felt so angry, and I started hitting her each time she failed to answer one of my questions. I told her to "Get the fcuk out!" She suddenly got angry and stormed out.

Then I looked in the mirror and noticed my veneers had fallen out. Ugh. Then I really woke up.
    I had a strange dream, too. My stepdad was building a deck ALL THE WAY around my parents' house and I was paragliding, and I was about to crash into the house when the alarm rang.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I made a mistake on one job, and now my new boss has me under the microscope.

That, and my commute back home every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I made a mistake on one job, and now my new boss has me under the microscope.

That, and my commute back home every day.
    That feeling of having someone over your shoulder every second blows. I'm sure it will get better though. Is your commute long? Maybe you could invest in ways to make it more fun? Like some good audio books. Try "World War Z" by Max Brooks. It's really awesome. Especially if you love zombies.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That feeling of having someone over your shoulder every second blows. I'm sure it will get better though. Is your commute long? Maybe you could invest in ways to make it more fun? Like some good audio books. Try "World War Z" by Max Brooks. It's really awesome. Especially if you love zombies.
    It's virtually the worst commute in the world, lots of aggressive traffic, lots of traffic lights, lots of heat.

My poor clutch.

At least the roads here are smoother than New Orleans.

Also sex has taken a back seat since I've been going to bed at 8pm most of this week.

I'm having a lot of difficulty getting resettled in the Northeast, I'm beginning to wonder how long I'm willing to tolerate these conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    It's virtually the worst commute in the world, lots of aggressive traffic, lots of traffic lights, lots of heat.

My poor clutch.

At least the roads here are smoother than New Orleans.

Also sex has taken a back seat since I've been going to bed at 8pm most of this week.

I'm having a lot of difficulty getting resettled in the Northeast, I'm beginning to wonder how long I'm willing to tolerate these conditions.
    Yeah, it took me a while to get used to driving out West when I moved. The distance between everything out here is frustrating some days still. And getting resettled after making a major move is no picnic either. But you are a strong, sturdy guy, so I trust it will get better sooner than later.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, it took me a while to get used to driving out West when I moved. The distance between everything out here is frustrating some days still. And getting resettled after making a major move is no picnic either. But you are a strong, sturdy guy, so I trust it will get better sooner than later.
    Thank you, I appreciate the encouragement.