+ Follow This Topic
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: got any favorite new tv shows you watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter SC View Post
    I used to collect Monster Wrestlers in my Pocket, back in the nineties. One was called Jester Minute. They were found in Kellogg's Frosties. Tony the Tiger was a coach, but he was only found in the 1 KG boxes, but I never did get them all. I kept getting too many duplicates of Texas Turbo and Iron Mighty, and I had nobody else to trade with them. They were also available in some magazines and you could get a ring, and everything. I'll bet they'd be worth a lot now.
    How do I not remember these? Maybe because I never really liked cereal very much as a wee one. These are awesome, though! You can actually find many of them on eBay for a surprisingly reasonable price. They weren't as crazy as you might have thought. Maybe still more than you'd want to pay for little toys unless it is for nostalgia because you collected them as a young'un. Still, not that bad. Once eBay listing had a lot of 5 of them for $10 (US currency).

The Sinner with Jessica Biel

Quote Originally Posted by Peter SC View Post
    I used to have these little orange figures too. I don't know what they were called. Maybe they were Monsters in my Pocket. These are very rare now. The 90's was a lot of fun. Krackers was a great shop that sold great figures for 99p.
    I had Monsters in My Pocket. I forget if they were orange, though. That was a long time ago.

I LOVE Z Nation. I actually don't think I'd say it is copying The Walking Dead, per se. Z Nation is lighter, sort of more funny. It doesn't take itself so seriously. I actually prefer that FOR this show. The Walking Dead, I love how gritty and hard it is. That works for the Walking Dead. If Z Nation were to try to mimmick that, it would just be white noise. On the other hand, if The Walking Dead tried to be goofy/funny the way Z Nation is, that would be totally inappropriate for that show.

Z Nation is kind of its own thing, and that makes it great. I even have a hard time deciding which I like better. If you twist my arm, I guess I'd have to go with The Walking Dead, but only by a small margin. But I also love Z Nation.

Mr. Mercedes... another Stephen King project if anyone who likes his stories is interested.

There are so many great characters in Z Nation. You know what is kind of funny and I'm not even sure why myself... but I am actually really fond of the character "Red." She's only been in a few episodes, including the mini-movie sort of thing between two of the seasons. I don't know why, though, but for some reason I really dig the character. Not just because she's lovely, because there have been plenty of beautiful women on that show. Something intangible even I am not sure of why, but I just dig that character.

I think 10K may be my favorite of the regulars, though Doc is certainly up there too.

Going back to watch Downton Abbey...haha

Quote Originally Posted by CantMoveOn View Post
    The Sinner with Jessica Biel
    I started recently watching this too...loving it.

Amazon's new series for The Tick was awesome! Way too short, though. 6 episodes wasn't nearly enough. I need MORE!

Just starting Big Little Lies. It won some Emmy's.

I'm sorry is a funny show... looking forward to Geralds game but not certain if it will be a series or a movie on netflix...and the mick is back this week

the gifted. about mutant freaks- if you like x-men you'd like this. also is marvel-related.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    the gifted. about mutant freaks- if you like x-men you'd like this. also is marvel-related.
    I have it on my DVR so I will get to it eventually. I am WAY behind on my DVR right now. By mid-September I always start my horror movie marathon in celebration of the Halloween season. So I watch at least one horror movie almost every day. So, haven't had as much time to watch my TV shows.

But I am looking forward to that one.

Kevin Saves The World with Jason Ritter. Enjoyed it.

Oh hey. That's also on my DVR. Didn't get to it yet, again, because of my Halloween season horror movie-thon. LOL! But I will get to it soon enough.

FYI, I think it is actually called:

Kevin (Probably) Saves the World. LOL! I think they very stylistically and intentionally crammed the "Probably" in there like it was an after thought.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast