+ Follow This Topic
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: obama.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Besides, what bad did I say about America now? You people are way too uptight imho.

"A lot of you think Obama is different, but if you look at his team, you can predict another wars to come. He has created an illusion that your apathetic americans can have a say, but I doubt it will happen."
    You generalized Americans as "apathetic" and that we all voted for something that doesn't matter. I think it mattered a great deal.

Anyway, you say we can't make assumptions about Estonia because we haven't been there, but we're going on what we've read/seen in print or TV. Just like how you base us on what you read or see in the media.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i think marriage should be the church's decision. that prop being on the ballot was government encroaching upon the church.
    The church (or whatever religious organization) has always had the right to refuse to marry people. That wouldn't have changed. They weren't looking for religious acceptance (although the No on 8 campaign *did* have some religious support). In fact, they already had the right to marry in California, and some religious denominations would perform marriages, and others wouldn't.

This proposition took away any right to marry, whether it be in or out of the church.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    You generalized Americans as "apathetic" and that we all voted for something that doesn't matter. I think it mattered a great deal.

Anyway, you say we can't make assumptions about Estonia because we haven't been there, but we're going on what we've read/seen in print or TV. Just like how you base us on what you read or see in the media.

Actually that 'apathetic' calling came from a fellow American
    Yup, some of you are uptight.

Now take a good look at history, how many wars have been canceled? there are wars because there are needs for a war, and if there is a need, no-one is going to stop it, even Mr President. Your country, my friend, is not run by President, your country is run by corporations. All candidates come from same corporations, they are part of them and are influenced by them, they get resources. Your whole country is a big world eating corporation, face it. Look at ties in Bush family, Clinton, etc.
    Last edited by boobaa; 06-11-08 at 05:34 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Your whole country is a big world eating corporation, face it.
    Fine. Let's start by eating Estonia. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My friend bought a six pack of amazingly racist colas so we could toast Obama's victory. I had to post a pic of them. I can't stop cracking up.

God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Seeing as marriage is becoming more of a cultural rather than religious practice the ban should only be imposed on church marriages if they're against it so much, but not the chance to marry altogether.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    It doesn't surprise me. Hypocrisy is the name of the game. It's a never ending cycle.
    Interesting. I don't find it at all hypocritical. A lot of minorities who came out to vote this election are religious. For a lot of them, the fact that Obama is erudite & intelligent is just a bonus beyond the fact that he's from a visible minority. Their 'Saviour' comes to mind. I feel for Obama in this, he's got a tough road ahead.

Still, whatever it takes. He got in & McCain didn't, is all that matters.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is ironic that demographics that claim to be oppressed will not hesitate to do the same to someone else if given the opportunity?

His victory speech was really good.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

A little bit of humour from Ann Coulter

Indeed, the only good thing about McCain is that he gave us a genuine conservative, Sarah Palin. He's like one of those insects that lives just long enough to reproduce so that the species can survive. That's why a lot of us are referring to Sarah as "The One" these days.

For now, we have a new president-elect. In the spirit of reaching across the aisle, we owe it to the Democrats to show their president the exact same kind of respect and loyalty that they have shown our recent Republican president.

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucac/20081106/cm_ucac/thereignoflamefallsmainlyonmccain[/url]
    Last edited by Mish; 06-11-08 at 12:11 PM.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Respect is earned, not given. I think Obama will earn the respect of both dems & gops if he's given half a chance. "I'll be your president too" was brilliant.

What a stupid bint is Ann Coulter. Her comment isn't at all clever. GWB lost everyones respect b/c he's an idiot and a poor leader. He went way beyond party lines to prove that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    It is ironic that demographics that claim to be oppressed will not hesitate to do the same to someone else if given the opportunity?

aaaaahaahjhaaaa that's right frizzzz! i'm gonna be making you white boys my slaves soon so you better prepare!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by http://tarobb.blogspot.com/
    I know that you have been hearing that Obama would be the first black president. But you and I both know that this is not true. Obama is only half black. Not only is he only half black he was not raised in a black environment. He was raised by his single mother, because his black father did what is so common with black men that there are jokes about it.
    Last edited by boobaa; 07-11-08 at 12:24 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    aaaaahaahjhaaaa that's right frizzzz! i'm gonna be making you white boys my slaves soon so you better prepare!
    I hope you forcefully take my seed misombra

I hope Obama sets a good example for black people and doesn't embarrass them...though black people are good at that doing it to themself anyways. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders. In fact since black people seem to think that he is their icon so much the more they make it that they have a lot riding on it. If this guy ****s it up it will **** it up for the next one trying to get into office.

lol I don't think Obama is going to all of a sudden try and turn to the favor for all minorities like this all of a sudden how some black people around here seem to think. My Dad's friends wife is a math teacher in a school where a lot of African American teachers work and the next day after Obama was labeled as the winner they didn't go to class but walked around talking about the Obama victory. They all got fired and his wife said that they were surprised..I mean wtf...he isn't going to make white people slaves or some shit...if he did we would just kick him out(congress is still more powerful, thanks to democracy) and than start throwing African American babies into pits of fire to make ourselves feel better .
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 07-11-08 at 02:33 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast