+ Follow This Topic
Page 250 of 405 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've been annoyed about plenty lately.

We switched to team nursing at my hospital, where I now have twice the number of patients, a CNA, and an LVN to delegate tasks to. Mind you, I have never supervised another human being, and had no training on this new system.

On my first day of this system, my CNA neglected to inform me of a patient's blood pressure that was dangerously high, my LVN made a significant medication error, and she also didn't discharge a patient when she should have, causing the patient to spend an extra night in the hospital. The doctor was plenty annoyed (and rightly so) and filed a complaint, because he thought the complaint would be lodged against the LVN, but since i am the RN in charge, it came down to me. The doctor was immediately regretful, and tried to do damage control because I am one of his favorite nurses. (So far I'm not in trouble, but who knows what will happen the next couple of days. Mostly I am worried about how this system will work on a regular basis) The LVN is mad because I had to report her medication error, and I am mad because instead of taking care of people (which I love), I spent 10 hours out of my 12.5 hour day trying to stay on top of mountains of paperwork for 7 patients and interacting with their numerous doctors, while someone else got to actually interact with MY patients. I wouldn't even recognize these people if I ever saw them on the street.

I have other very significant annoyances, but I can't talk about them right now.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I've been annoyed about plenty lately.

We switched to team nursing at my hospital, where I now have twice the number of patients, a CNA, and an LVN to delegate tasks to. Mind you, I have never supervised another human being, and had no training on this new system.

On my first day of this system, my CNA neglected to inform me of a patient's blood pressure that was dangerously high, my LVN made a significant medication error, and she also didn't discharge a patient when she should have, causing the patient to spend an extra night in the hospital. The doctor was plenty annoyed (and rightly so) and filed a complaint, because he thought the complaint would be lodged against the LVN, but since i am the RN in charge, it came down to me. The doctor was immediately regretful, and tried to do damage control because I am one of his favorite nurses. (So far I'm not in trouble, but who knows what will happen the next couple of days. Mostly I am worried about how this system will work on a regular basis) The LVN is mad because I had to report her medication error, and I am mad because instead of taking care of people (which I love), I spent 10 hours out of my 12.5 hour day trying to stay on top of mountains of paperwork for 7 patients and interacting with their numerous doctors, while someone else got to actually interact with MY patients. I wouldn't even recognize these people if I ever saw them on the street.

I have other very significant annoyances, but I can't talk about them right now.
    Some people think managing is easy.

It's only easy for managers that know how to do it properly.

EDIT: Just realized that sounded harsh, I wasn't criticizing you, just trying to point out that management is a full time position on its own, and can be difficult to transition to when you prefer to do things yourself.
    Last edited by Junket; 22-09-10 at 06:52 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Some people think managing is easy.

It's only easy for managers that know how to do it properly.

EDIT: Just realized that sounded harsh, I wasn't criticizing you, just trying to point out that management is a full time position on its own, and can be difficult to transition to when you prefer to do things yourself.
    I wasn't thinking you were criticizing.... I have never been interested in managing anyone. I hate delegating. That's why I went to nursing school. Jeez, I can't even boss my housekeeper around.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I wasn't thinking you were criticizing.... I have never been interested in managing anyone. I hate delegating. That's why I went to nursing school. Jeez, I can't even boss my housekeeper around.
    My g/f is the same way.

She didn't like team leading much, she'd rather just go and perform the task herself.

Waking up every 10 mins throughout the entire night, until finally giving up on sleep and getting out of bed at 7 am :-(

i hate my job.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is this a new job or the same one you hated before?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

The same one. I'll be gone by the end of the year. Maybe sooner. My boss sent me an email today: "call me at your earliest convenience, we have to talk." Ugh.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Ret is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Friends that don't know friendship...

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    An official place to vent. Post whatever the f#ck happened to piss you off today.

-------------------------------

My flatmates alarm clock. It vent off three times at 5am on full volume while he and his gf were completely oblivious to it.

Urgh it's the worst when u hate ur job, ur day seems to drag on and it's so hard to get out of bed in the mornings!

Shitty friends r pretty bad too. I've had my fair share of backstabbing friends. So sick of judgmental pricks that don't look at their own actions and just judge u for urs.

Got bored yesterday, bought some hair lightening pack to turn my dark blonde hair into light blonde just for fun, but now it's pretty yellowy which is annoying because it looks a bit metro, or techno-partyer, or something.

Oh well. Luckily no big parties until the following weekend, now it's just my roommate's 21st simple home party, pub crawl with some friends and can set up the intended lunch date next week instead, by which time I should be able to find a way to fix it It's good fun, but I'll get annoyed with it after a few days, especially if Im called for an interview.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Got bored yesterday, bought some hair lightening pack to turn my dark blonde hair into light blonde just for fun, but now it's pretty yellowy which is annoying because it looks a bit metro, or techno-partyer, or something.

Oh well. Luckily no big parties until the following weekend, now it's just my roommate's 21st simple home party, pub crawl with some friends and can set up the intended lunch date next week instead, by which time I should be able to find a way to fix it It's good fun, but I'll get annoyed with it after a few days, especially if Im called for an interview.
    ha ha! I wanna see pictures!!!
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ret View Post
    Friends that don't know friendship...
    what is a friend? what kind of expectations do you have?

The fact that diet soda is taking over the world.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    The fact that diet soda is taking over the world.
    in Texas maybe.