+ Follow This Topic
Page 251 of 405 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

So, last night was sort of the third date I had with this guy (we've been hanging out all weekend). He took me to one of his favorite bars for dinner and their selection of beer. I ended up inviting him inside later on and we started playing around. I was having fun until he tried to go for it without making a move for a condom, or mentioning getting one. I put a stop to that shit right there. I asked him what the hell he was thinking, and he tried to backpedal, saying he was half joking. How the frig do you half joke about that?!

He felt really bad afterward. Which kind of makes me doubly annoyed because he opted for cuddling instead of sex, and that made me realize he's already getting too attached. Thank goodness my work week starts again so I can stay busy with something else.
    Last edited by lahnnabell; 23-09-10 at 01:19 AM.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    my apartment hunt is not going anywhere. i spend hours each day going and looking for a new place and like none of them. damn this unaffordable city.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    my apartment hunt is not going anywhere. i spend hours each day going and looking for a new place and like none of them. damn this unaffordable city.
    Come to Philly, plenty of cheap housing here.

The sore throat persists, but I think today it is a little better. Could just be the meds.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Come to Philly, plenty of cheap housing here.
    i don't even know where Philly is

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ooooohhh, i would love to work for Sedgwick in PA!!!!

Workers' Compensation Claims Examiner (Radnor, Pa)
    Date: 2010-09-14, 3:51PM EDT
    Reply to: see below

Workers Compensation Lost Time Claims Examiner

Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc. ([url]www.sedgwickcms.com[/url]), a leader in innovative claims management services, has an open position in our Phila office for an experienced Worker?s Compensation lost time adjuster.
    We are seeking Worker?s Compensation Lost Time Claims Adjusters with experience in Pennsylvania and New Jersey lost time claims. Delaware and Virginia along with New England states would be a plus.

The successful candidate will have the following skills and knowledge:
    ? Knowledge of and the ability to apply the statute and regulations of the applicable jurisdictions.
    ? Organizational and time management skills (planning, prioritization , diary management.)
    ? Excellent customer service skills.
    ? Attentive to details, along with the ability to multi task
    ? Able and willing to learn/research new jurisdictions
    ? Ability to create well organized, succinct, thorough, and grammatically correct written communication of a professional quality through various media (e.g. letters, emails, file notes, etc
    ? Ability to work in or learn to handle a paperless environment.
    ? Ability to work independently and as part of a team

Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience and knowledge level, Insurance (health, dental, vision), 401(k) matching, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, and more.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    ooooohhh, i would love to work for Sedgwick in PA!!!!

Workers' Compensation Claims Examiner (Radnor, Pa)
    Date: 2010-09-14, 3:51PM EDT
    Reply to: see below

Workers Compensation Lost Time Claims Examiner

Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc. ([url]www.sedgwickcms.com[/url]), a leader in innovative claims management services, has an open position in our Phila office for an experienced Worker?s Compensation lost time adjuster.
    We are seeking Worker?s Compensation Lost Time Claims Adjusters with experience in Pennsylvania and New Jersey lost time claims. Delaware and Virginia along with New England states would be a plus.

The successful candidate will have the following skills and knowledge:
    ? Knowledge of and the ability to apply the statute and regulations of the applicable jurisdictions.
    ? Organizational and time management skills (planning, prioritization , diary management.)
    ? Excellent customer service skills.
    ? Attentive to details, along with the ability to multi task
    ? Able and willing to learn/research new jurisdictions
    ? Ability to create well organized, succinct, thorough, and grammatically correct written communication of a professional quality through various media (e.g. letters, emails, file notes, etc
    ? Ability to work in or learn to handle a paperless environment.
    ? Ability to work independently and as part of a team

Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience and knowledge level, Insurance (health, dental, vision), 401(k) matching, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, and more.
    And fall is here, the trees are about to change color, weather is very temperate and comfortable.

Though I hear it's like that in California year round.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    During my afternoon nap, I was dreaming of my stupid ex! Argh!!
    I wazzzz here

I feel kind of like a bitch for causing a stink tonight but I'd had it finally spoke to Scott about the girls pickyness over food. I really try to put effort into making meals. I try for variety and kid friendly items. EVERY night thought its something, "I don't like this. Uhhh...I don't like chili. I don't like onion. This smells weird. Don't put any of that on my pasta. I don't want that. Thats too spicy (ketchup)..." just on and on. When I was a kid, that shit didn't fly. If I said half the stuff they did or the faces they made or the dramatics about food I would have been backhanded or told "Tough ****in luck, go without. This isn't a restaurant." It doesn't either with him really usually but its been BAD lately. I don't want them to carry on and act all rude and pampered when they are at friends houses or out in public either. I buy the groceries and put effort into making dinners the nights I don't work late and on the weekends. Its taken its toll. So I was sort of a baby and said I give up and am done. I told him I realize kids are finicky eaters but nothing I do is good enough ever. We can have mac and cheese 7 nights a week if thats what will get them to stop their whining and complaining but I am throwing in the towel at this point. And that desserts are done. I'm not busting my ass to make a decent meal they pick at and bitch about only to be treated with dessert. So he had a talk with them about respect. I hope they take it to heart I just don't want him to feel bad and think I'm being overly sensitive or putting my nose where I shouldn't be concerned.

And I told him I was picky too when I was younger, its just that I try and its some issue every night lately. I remember not liking "spicy" foods when I was younger or certain odd things like olives. That kind of thing I can tolerate. I can not stand hearing every night though the vocal dramatics and whining about seeing an onion flake in the spaghetti sauce or a possible mushroom piece in the tuna noodle casserole. Like I said, I don't want them to be that kid at birthday parties or sleepovers that annoys the shit out of the hosting parents. Apparently Scott says that at their moms house in the summer they get away with that behavior and that mac and cheese is on the menu 5 nights a week. At that rate they will never try new things and really know if they like them and grow up with poor eating habits.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Went in to get tires put on my car today. They are required to be "z" rated by Honda, so that means more $$$ and less milage....okay, w/e.

They put my car up to take the wheels off and inform me that my cars rear control arms on both sides are shot, a known factory defect on civics of that year.

My $600 tires are now a $1400 project. Not a great way to start the day, but its got to be done.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    I feel kind of like a bitch for causing a stink tonight but I'd had it finally spoke to Scott about the girls pickyness over food. I really try to put effort into making meals. I try for variety and kid friendly items. EVERY night thought its something, "I don't like this. Uhhh...I don't like chili. I don't like onion. This smells weird. Don't put any of that on my pasta. I don't want that. Thats too spicy (ketchup)..." just on and on. When I was a kid, that shit didn't fly. If I said half the stuff they did or the faces they made or the dramatics about food I would have been backhanded or told "Tough ****in luck, go without. This isn't a restaurant." It doesn't either with him really usually but its been BAD lately. I don't want them to carry on and act all rude and pampered when they are at friends houses or out in public either. I buy the groceries and put effort into making dinners the nights I don't work late and on the weekends. Its taken its toll. So I was sort of a baby and said I give up and am done. I told him I realize kids are finicky eaters but nothing I do is good enough ever. We can have mac and cheese 7 nights a week if thats what will get them to stop their whining and complaining but I am throwing in the towel at this point. And that desserts are done. I'm not busting my ass to make a decent meal they pick at and bitch about only to be treated with dessert. So he had a talk with them about respect. I hope they take it to heart I just don't want him to feel bad and think I'm being overly sensitive or putting my nose where I shouldn't be concerned.

And I told him I was picky too when I was younger, its just that I try and its some issue every night lately. I remember not liking "spicy" foods when I was younger or certain odd things like olives. That kind of thing I can tolerate. I can not stand hearing every night though the vocal dramatics and whining about seeing an onion flake in the spaghetti sauce or a possible mushroom piece in the tuna noodle casserole. Like I said, I don't want them to be that kid at birthday parties or sleepovers that annoys the shit out of the hosting parents. Apparently Scott says that at their moms house in the summer they get away with that behavior and that mac and cheese is on the menu 5 nights a week. At that rate they will never try new things and really know if they like them and grow up with poor eating habits.
    Don't feel bad, that's a lack of parenting on his end and you moved to rectify the situation.

There was sh!t I didn't like as a kid, I got two choices:

1. Eat it
    2. Don't eat it and go to bed hungry

The problem solves itself pretty quick if you don't cave to them.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post

Just a word of advice.... don't make food an issue. This is normal kid behavior, as obnoxious as it may be. I suggest you keep peanut butter and jelly on hand, and tell the kids they can either eat what you made, or make themselves a sandwich. Do NOT make a sandwich (or anything else) for them. Kids taste buds are not fully developed, so this is just a phase they are going through. There is no need to make yourself all upset about it, it's not personal.

Another thought: kids are much more interested in trying food they helped make.
    Last edited by vashti; 23-09-10 at 11:24 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My body is not young (or fit) anymore ... I played ball for the first time in a loooong time ... I was winded and didn't do well at all. I hate not being good at bball ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    My body is not young (or fit) anymore ... I played ball for the first time in a loooong time ... I was winded and didn't do well at all. I hate not being good at bball ...
    Tell me about it.

In class yesterday, our class were putting away material in the shop, so I took to the ladder to help lift things from the guys below, to the guys above.

Jesus did I feel weak lifting some of the stuff over my head, that stuff never used to be a problem when I was up on a 12' ladder all day running pipe on a ceiling.

Bein' unemployed I've gotten so lazy and out of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Just a word of advice.... don't make food an issue. This is normal kid behavior, as obnoxious as it may be. I suggest you keep peanut butter and jelly on hand, and tell the kids they can either eat what you made, or make themselves a sandwich. Do NOT make a sandwich (or anything else) for them. Kids taste buds are not fully developed, so this is just a phase they are going through. There is no need to make yourself all upset about it, it's not personal.

Another thought: kids are much more interested in trying food they helped make.
    Thats what a friend of mine suggested. The little one does like to help out so I'll give that a try this weekend. I do realize I was once young and had definite things that skeeved me food-wise. I think the problem is the rudeness in which they display their dislike.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?