+ Follow This Topic
Page 255 of 405 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

I'm pissed off because I can't see my girlfriend this weekend and have lots of sex - I do like having sex

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Definitely sure what I have is a bacterial infection - there is yellow discharge coming out of my eyes, which are really irritated and sometimes feels like I have something in my eye, it seems to be a case of hyper pinkeye. My vision is also slightly blurry. I also just coughed so hard (trying to clear the mucus out of my throat) and I actually vomited a little. I'm so pissed my doc didn't give my antibiotics yesterday - I don't see what the risk is; the last time I had antibiotics was more than 5 years ago.
    Colds are viral, not bacterial, and antibiotics are not useful on a virus. Overuse of antibiotics is creating strains of superbugs that are resistant to treatment, which may not seem like a big deal when you are young and relatively healthy, but is deadly to the elderly and people who are immune-deficient, or people with other health problems like diabetes. Do not try to diagnose yourself.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Colds are viral, not bacterial, and antibiotics are not useful on a virus. Overuse of antibiotics is creating strains of superbugs that are resistant to treatment, which may not seem like a big deal when you are young and relatively healthy, but is deadly to the elderly and people who are immune-deficient, or people with other health problems like diabetes. Do not try to diagnose yourself.
    HA! Now you all should thank me for not using any meds unless I'm in too much pain, I don't contribute to superbugs!

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should be actually glad Doppel to have a doctor that is not giving you antibiotics like candies . Drink a lot ,rest a bit and it will go away. Last time I was sick like you in august ,was coughing ,had sore throat and green alien mucus ,my doctor here gave me just syrup . Of course the treatment took a bit longer than with antibiotics but I was fine after less than 2 weeks. A lot of doctors choose to treat their patients with antibiotics because it's easier and faster ,but in a long run it's not that good . I remember when I was young , doctors were giving antibiotics just when you had really bad infection with extremely high fever ,now sometimes you don't even need a prescription for them .
    I wazzzz here

i thought you said you had mono?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

If I was prescribed antibiotics, it would not be overuse, because I've not been prescribed them for years. I already know this stuff; my mom has been a nurse for more than 30 years Normally, when I go to the doctor for an infection or cold, I usually make sure there aren't any antibiotics in the prescription. My mom has been angry since weds because the doc didn't give me antibiotics because she thinks it's bacterial, so I went to the clinic today to see a different physician, and he gave me some amoxicillin because I have a horrible ear infection and he gave me some tobramycin eyedrops for my eye infections. He told me to stop taking all my other meds (naproxen, alavert, promethazine/codeine) and to take ibuprofen instead and I'm going to have a checkup on monday and friday.

These AB pills are huge, I have no idea how I'm gonna get them down lol.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i thought you said you had mono?
    I did have mono, but I believe I got that back in July when I was in Africa. It cleared up around mid-september, though. I know it can last for months, but I really think it's gone.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 09-10-10 at 04:31 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    If I was prescribed antibiotics, it would not be overuse, because I've not been prescribed them for years. I already know this stuff; my mom has been a nurse for more than 30 years Normally, when I go to the doctor for an infection or cold, I usually make sure there aren't any antibiotics in the prescription. My mom has been angry since weds because the doc didn't give me antibiotics because she thinks it's bacterial, so I went to the clinic today to see a different physician, and he gave me some amoxicillin because I have a horrible ear infection and he gave me some tobramycin eyedrops for my eye infections. He told me to stop taking all my other meds (naproxen, alavert, promethazine/codeine) and to take ibuprofen instead and I'm going to have a checkup on monday and friday.

These AB pills are huge, I have no idea how I'm gonna get them down lol.
    If your mom has been a nurse for 30 years, then maybe she should educate you about antibiotic use. It isn't about YOU not having taken antibiotics in years making you think you don't have any bacterial resistance; it's about the communal strains of bacteria becoming resistant before they even hit your body, thanks to widespread antibiotic abuse. If the new guy who prescribed you the antibiotics didn't culture your sputum before prescribing, he's not done you any favors, but rather is contributing to the problem. Neither he nor your mom can tell if it's bacterial just by looking at you. (rolling eyes) But you know, doctors are human, too, and they know when whiny people come in with a cold, especially when they hit up multiple doctors, they want medication, whether or not they really need it.

Are you sure your mom isn't a CNA?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

If your mom has been a nurse for 30 years, then maybe she should educate you about antibiotic use. It isn't about YOU not having taken antibiotics in years making you think you don't have any bacterial resistance; it's about the communal strains of bacteria becoming resistant before they even hit your body, thanks to widespread antibiotic abuse. If the new guy who prescribed you the antibiotics didn't culture your sputum before prescribing, he's not done you any favors, but rather is contributing to the problem. Neither he nor your mom can tell if it's bacterial just by looking at you. (rolling eyes) But you know, doctors are human, too, and they know when whiny people come in with a cold, especially when they hit up multiple doctors, they want medication, whether or not they really need it.

Are you sure your mom isn't a CNA?
    My mother has educated me on this topic, you nincompoop. Don't get too excited about going around and smacking people on the head with your recently earned nursing diploma. Yes, my mother is a nurse, she studied down in Florida in 1981.

Yes, he did a culture to verify the bacterial infection - before that I had a few blood tests. Just because I omitted a few details doesn't mean you get to assume that we have poor medical practices around here. They are hesitant about giving antibiotics; I thought you'd get the message when I said the last time I was given them was years ago. And my symptoms have been clearing up since I put the eyedrops in and took the amoxicillin.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What sort of license does your mom have? The reason I ask is because nurses make a pretty good living, and you have always complained about how poor you are, and honestly, this statement "If I was prescribed antibiotics, it would not be overuse, because I've not been prescribed them for years" tells me you were NOT educated properly about antibiotics.

Also, if they cultured you and you had the results back quick enough to prescribe antibiotics immediately, I am very impressed. They can't do that in my doctor's office. They have to send the culture to a lab. We even do that in the hospital. lol
    Last edited by vashti; 09-10-10 at 02:49 PM.

What sort of license does your mom have? The reason I ask is because nurses make a pretty good living, and you have always complained about how poor you are, and honestly, this statement "If I was prescribed antibiotics, it would not be overuse, because I've not been prescribed them for years" tells me you were NOT educated properly about antibiotics.

Also, if they cultured you and you had the results back quick enough to prescribe antibiotics immediately, I am very impressed. They can't do that in my doctor's office. They have to send the culture to a lab. We even do that in the hospital. lol
    I've got nothing to prove to you, and frankly it's none of your business. If I considered you a friend I would gladly sit down with you and tell you every detail about my life. But with you poking fun at my family's misfortune and questioning my intelligence as well as my mother's education is earning you the complete opposite title of "friend".

And you should be impressed by our medical procedures.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You don't know, huh? Okay.

No, you don't know.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm annoyed that the Writer's Market, an invaluable resource for anyone trying to get published in virtually any capacity, is riddled with grammatical errors. Seriously? How do you manage that? There's even a whole article devoted to the importance of spelling and grammar. Ugh.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had a bad dream. Probably the worst that could happen to me. I was dreaming that I died in a plane crash with my bf and we became ghosts and I remember I was so ****ing sad that I died ...
    And now on friday I take a plane and I would already have been afraid without this dream, but now it's going to be worse ... I don't like flying ... Last time there are plane crashes all the time ... Good that it's only 2 hours flight...
    I wazzzz here

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Think of the brightside. If you become a ghost you can haunt people. How ridiculously awesome would that be? I don't think I'd ever get tired of scaring the shit out of people.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein