+ Follow This Topic
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, it's to give you the general idea. Yes, my tone probably isn't likely to be found with many 20-something. Although my son knows how to compose a polite message of this sort... Point is, if you want to attract quality you have to *be* quality, LR.

Practice. Just like any skill. Besides, being able to compose polite messages is useful in your professional life.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Professionally, no problem. To girls? MUCH problem. Too much problem.

Today has furthered my notion about never getting excited about anything involving a girl; every time, it turns out extremely poorly. My bet is, if I were more attractive, she would have been there for SURE.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why is it different? Polite discourse is always polite. As for your attractiveness, well, if what you say is true she is shallow. So what have you lost, again?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Polite for business' sake is way easier. Polite doesn't attract girls; that's boring and prudish.

What have I lost? My last chance. I'd say that's quite a lot.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Polite doesn't attract girls; that's boring and prudish.
    lol. I'll have to remember to tell my partner this. Maybe I'm not a girl, just a boring old chick. What do you think?

Anyway, this boring chick has an event tomorrow night so I'm off to bed. Try to get some sleep, young one. And send that email tomorrow morning. Not at night; makes you look like an insomniac.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Lol. You're married, aren't you? Polite flies in marriage. In dating, that is SOOOO vanillla...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was married, no longer. I suppose I'm approaching a similar status again, but my partner happened in a way not too different from my example. In fact, my partner is much more polite and fun than my ex ever was. My ex was also very vanilla.

You think you can't be exciting and respectful at the same time? LOL, you have much to learn, grasshopper.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Look, I don't mean to get into age stereotypes but 18-25 range has no room for vanilla politeness. That doesn't attract the opposite gender whatsoever.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay. Good luck with your strategy. Seems to be working for you... but perhaps you are right. Your issue is a volume one, not your approach. Hard to know, though, since you won't do the damned experiment..
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Explain why all the good looking girls go for utter tools...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Too lazy to want to get to know someone more than superficially? This is why you need to stand out and make them step up their game. Insist on being treated politely and with respect with your own behaviour. Can't say it more plainly, LR.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

That doesn't put good flirt lines in my head...

Guess who sounds like a tool making such idiotic generalizations over and over again?

LR, you really make this too easy

Do I call you on your generalisations of good looking women?

Do I call you on your generalisations of men who catch good looking girls?

Do I call you on your fixation on physical appearance?

Please stop making it so easy for me.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Look, I don't mean to get into age stereotypes but 18-25 range has no room for vanilla politeness.
    Not quite 18-25, but I work with a LOAD of 22-27yos. They are all polite. And they are all in RELATIONSHIPS and have lots of FRIENDS.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast