+ Follow This Topic
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Nah, this wasn't the game playing girl...And aside from the personal goal accomplishment, there is HARDLY a silver lining to be had here. That was the closest I'll probably get to an actual meet.
    What a cow. Don't even give her another thought but if you must:

Write her back and tell her "I didn't go either but I couldn't contact you because I was out and couldn't email you." lol

What excuse did she give, why doesn't she ever want to meet? and have you responded? If so what did you say?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 19-04-13 at 09:40 PM. Reason: added and subtracted. :)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I'm kind of pissed at myself because the way I responded to her messages explaining the cancel probably allows her to shift some blame onto me when I didn't do anything wrong (she never even volunteered to give her number).

"I thought you would check this first ... I'm sorry but the day just got way behind me and way behind ... This semester is just way to stressful and I don't think I can meet up... :/ sorry you drove out there though - hope traffic was not too bad ..." That is extremely presumptuous that I would check the site first over my phone. I left 5 hours early and she sent this about 2 hours before the meet; it takes about 1 and 10 minutes to even drive to the beach.

And then the last message she sent: "......I'm not trying to be rude - in sorry I didn't know you didnt have Internet on your phone ... In school and the day just was ridiculous ..it seems like yours was too . But I'm sorry it didnt work out .." Now she probably didn't learn anything about using phone numbers to call rather than risk someone going to a meet unaware that she cancelled. She probably thinks she did nothing wrong.

She said she doesn't want to meet now because school is so stressful..BS.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Not quite 18-25, but I work with a LOAD of 22-27yos. They are all polite. And they are all in RELATIONSHIPS and have lots of FRIENDS.
    They are POLITE to YOU. You don't see what actually goes on in their relationships. They're just keeping up a facade of being good guys but they really are douchebags who cheat/abuse their girlfriends and friends.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Keep generalizin', pup.

I've witnessed this stuff firsthand. Empirical evidence, FTW.

You need to learn the difference between anecdotal and empirical evidence.

You also need to learn critical thinking.

Oops. Haven't had my caffeine fix yet..having withdrawal symptoms..

Don't you hate it when you need caffeine so badly that you can't get up to make coffee?

I wish it were that easy. My caffeine fix isn't through coffee, though: I have to bike to get an energy drink. I admit I was getting incredibly edgy in wanting it, not a good sign I know..I wonder how much I'd save both in health and money if I switched to coffee...Don't like the thought of bad breath and yellow teeth, on the other hand..

Omg...why are relationships so boring?

Oh stfu, you braggart. They're the essence of life, all that is worth living for! The only comfort in a disinterested cosmos...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's not wanting to meet you. Move on LR. I called flake and WU 'cow', lol. Flaky cows are only good with a side dish of mashed potatoes. You can do better than this.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I gotta know WHY exactly she changed her mind..

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She doesn't owe you a thing, LR. Get over yourself.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Well, I'm just more irritated at her STUPID decision to message me on the site rather than at least send a text. That is so typical of this generation. I looked real stupid in the coffee shop and heard a snide remark or two.

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast