+ Follow This Topic
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Trash

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You've really been over stepping your bounds, you need to cut that shit out.
    Which part was an overstep? His wife being a loser? I believe he made some posts to this effect himself. Plus, any woman that lets someone belt her kid is a loser. Vash posted that first, not me.

I'm not sorry Fras. If any of you mods want to infract or ban me for arguing with this jerk, go right ahead. It will be worth it. He's not posting "I hit my daughter once with a belt and I'm sorry for it". I'm not rubbing his nose in spilled milk. He's defending his stupid position and posting that some idiot high school teacher that should have been fired agreed with him. He sounds like a religious headcase. Even his main defender Williams, who seems to think spanking is okay, said that belting isn't.

I have to work. I won't argue with this idiot any more unless he continues to post psuedo-scientific psych BS as a weak argument for supporting his atrocious parenting method.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 20-05-10 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Sorry about your dad.

FYI - I'm a product of Christian values as well. But that has nothing to do with my being religious (or not).

You could try to get to know the family better. That might be one solution. Or give to your pastor a book on parenting that they can read.
    They don't seem willing or interested in doing anything about the situation. At least once a month, Pastor Donna reminds everybody that there is a Quiet Room where families can take their kids if they get noisy. It's a soundproofed room with speakers and a window so they watch and hear the rest of us without being disruptive. Other families use the room from time to time, but not this one family. The father is in the church choir, so it's not like they are unfamiliar with the layout of the church. I just think that they are bad, lazy parents who are raising bad kids, and since I haven't fully internalized this christian stuff, my words to them might be more blunt than they could handle.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I would send that family an anonymous note. They're assholes, so confronting them directly could blow up into a huge scene.
    Spammer Spanker

I don't care what the situation or who it is...generally nobody wants to be told how to raise their kids.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nobody wants to be told how to raise their children, but most people are absolute failures. They need to be told. Legislation needs to be in place to force them. If anything, there aren't enough laws. Most of you shouldn't even be allowed to procreate in the first place. And some of you should be beaten to death with your own goddamn belts and spoons.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Spanking will be part of my parenting though it will not be the sole punishment for many wrong doings. I was spanked and I'm relatively a pretty decent person.

I agree with the notion whipping with a belt is not acceptable. Should whomever claim that it is fine, but you'd better watch it you're the minority and very well could be reported for child abuse. You can argue with anyone here on your position but it's highly unlikely you're going to win should any hearing with any panal or court occur.

I also got the wooden spoon if I did something really bad. Not often in fact it was only a handful of times in my whole life. Did it work yes, was I the best kid in the world as a result no. Am I a severly f**ked up person who is a drain on society? No. Will I do it to my children? Probably not. My mother should not die by the hand of a wooden spoon either.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Nobody wants to be told how to raise their children, but most people are absolute failures. They need to be told. Legislation needs to be in place to force them. If anything, there aren't enough laws. Most of you shouldn't even be allowed to procreate in the first place. And some of you should be beaten to death with your own goddamn belts and spoons.
    if you were beaten up badly as a young men maybe you'd be nicer to women now.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    if you were beaten up badly as a young men maybe you'd be nicer to women now.
    Or maybe he'd be "nicer" if his mother didn't allow his father to beat him, because then he wouldn't be harboring any deep-seated resentment towards women?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Or maybe he'd be "nicer" if his mother didn't allow his father to beat him, because then he wouldn't be harboring any deep-seated resentment towards women?
    i don't see any resentment towards women, he seems to enjoy them as much as any other guy.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    i don't see any resentment towards women, he seems to enjoy them as much as any other guy.
    Oh, wait. Maybe it's ME that's resentful towards his mother for allowing his father to beat on him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The argument "I was spanked by my parents and i turned out decent" is a load of crap. Ever thought that maybe you would be decent without being subject to physical violence?

My parents used to hit my elder brothers, i think it was mainly after they reached 10yrs but dont know as i was too young to remember before that- it was also mostly out of frustration and anger due to lack of control. They used to take it, i never once saw them stand up for themselves. They never raised a finger towards me.

Funny how both my brothers grew up to be two very nasty people that used physical violence to get what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Obviously that situation is totally different. A child with a severe autism will not respond to many things the way other children do, discipline being one of them. Physical discipline in that case would be ineffectual and abusive (since it would serve no purpose, being that the child would likely not learn from it).
    Actually, my son does learn from being hurt- eg, if he touches something hot then he wont do it again, once he got a splinter in his foot from the decking in the garden- he now wont stand on there anymore. So, in theory if i smacked him for doing something wrong, if it was quick enough for him to associate being in PAIN with what he did, he would learn. But i wont ever be using physical violence, since having him i have found patience i never knew i had, choosing to hit him to instill discipline upon him is pure laziness. I choose to take the time(which is ALOT longer than your average child) to teach him right and wrong, i do it over and over and over again until he begins to understand. I could choose to just hit him and he would realise almost instantly- but i dont want my son to grow up afraid of me. Even when he headbutted me so hard he broke my nose and then proceeded to laugh in my face, i didnt run off to get the belt, as he gets very upset to see blood, i used it to help him learn that when he isnt very careful bad things can happen and he can hurt people.

There is enough violence in this world, why use it on the very children you are supposed to love and cherish and care for.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    The argument "I was spanked by my parents and i turned out decent" is a load of crap. Ever thought that maybe you would be decent without being subject to physical violence?
    Oh please, because your brothers didn't turn out so well doesn't mean I'm a violent little punk. I've never hit a person, ever. If I could turn out decent with or without hitting it's not the hitting that makes any difference.

Well truly saying "I was spanked and turned out fine" is simply a rebuttal to the people who say that spanking causes people to grow up with all sorts of personal disturbances.

I certainly don't want to be mean Qwerty, you know generally I agree with you and like you but in the same sense you yourself said yesterday that you know you make poor decisions...even though you were never spanked I would think it is not much of a stretch to claim that perhaps you have some issues that you need to look into and understand why you have certain self-destructive tendencies.

As I said, I do not mean to offend but I believe that initial argument I mentioned is fair. I do not believe that one has anything to do with another if handled int he proper manner....certainly beating your child is wrong but to spank a child, which I still maintain is different does not necessarily damage a person's overall well-being.

I personally believe that so much goes into raising a child this is but only one percentage of a factor in terms of how a person turns out. A parent can never put a hand on a child but at the same time there are many more ways to abuse and neglect a child....I could make the argument that not reading to your child is just as damaging to them as beating them...only in a different way.

In the end though we are all products of our upbringing and have certain aspects of your personalities that we struggle with. As I said a few pages back my dad did not hug me or tell me he loves me since I was very young and even though I know he does love me...I find it very difficult to get physically and emotionally close to somebody to this day.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Oh please, because your brothers didn't turn out so well doesn't mean I'm a violent little punk. I've never hit a person, ever. If I could turn out decent with or without hitting it's not the hitting that makes any difference.
    why take that risk?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

We are also only assuming that we can inflict physical pain but is it not possible that your children will associate you with mental or emotional pain for you depriving them of something? There are multiple levels of pain.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast