+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survey: Would you date a MTF transsexual?

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I am calm

you know what, maybe I'm not attracted to transsexuals or I don't imagine being (with ;P) one ,but I was curious of how it is when you change and so . Isn't it too complicated,expensive and troublesome to go through such change? This topic is a taboo maybe in Us less but in Europe , at least I do not know of such case . I mean, this discomfort of being in a wrong body is so big that is woth going through all this trouble ? I was just curious ... And dunno , you're going male> female or otherwise? How do they reconstruct the organs ?Never even saw a picture of it but I can't imagine that a vagina or penis would look near natural after it ...I was trying to find some pics but couldn't ...
    It's definitely a huge toll to pay as I have mentioned above, but the feeling that some trans women have is so strong that this is their only escape to happiness. If money is what it takes to look and feel the way I want, then I'm gonna go for it. My career should offer me way more than enough money to pay for these kinds of procedures. As for the appearance of the neo vagina, there is a lot of information out there if you look it up. Sometimes you can't tell them apart from a real vagina (or so I've heard). There are some definite features that set the neo vagina apart from a real one, like a few scars and such, but depending on the surgeon's skills, they usually turn out pretty good.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, this is no boob job , don't save money on the surgeon ... Find really a good one.
    I wazzzz here

I actually slept on this and believe will change my response to Yes. It has nothing to do with sex for me since many trans are really fine. Now, since every girl it's just plain "nuts" sometimes, I believe I'm might be able to handle the emotional baggage that's goes with it.... Maybe.

To the OP, When post op.....is there some physiological development that goes on, either with medication or therapy? Excuse my ignorance

I'll be honest though, I'm fairly open minded, but if you told me from day one, I just might bolt. If I fostered feelings for you, then you told me, I might stay. This is just me though.

Futhermore, is there a statistic on what % of people are trans gender?
    Last edited by surfhb; 30-05-11 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    I actually slept on this and believe will change my response to Yes. It has nothing to do with sex for me since many trans are really fine. Now, since every girl it's just plain "nuts" sometimes, I believe I'm might be able to handle the emotional baggage that's goes with it.... Maybe.

To the OP, When post op.....is there some physiological development that goes on, either with medication or therapy? Excuse my ignorance

I'll be honest though, I'm fairly open minded, but if you told me from day one, I just might bolt. If I fostered feelings for you, then you told me, I might stay. This is just me though.

Futhermore, is there a statistic on what % of people are trans gender?
    Percent? No. However, only about 8,000 people in the United States are considered transsexual, according to statistics. As for physiological changes, hormone replacement therapy causes a MTF transsexual to think and look much more like a woman. It can also reduce the sex drive of that individual.

Male - Straight - No.

If someone isn't comfortable who they are, how could I ever be comfortable with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    Male - Straight - No.

If someone isn't comfortable who they are, how could I ever be comfortable with it?
    Transsexuals are uncomfortable with who they aren't.

Born a man. Surgery and hormones doesn't change that. All for guys that don't want to act like a stereotypical male.. but getting cut up and messing with body chemistry doesn't change a male from a male.

Totally respect your right to do whatever makes you happy, I just personally don't feel it's the way to do it (I disagree with all surgeries that don't address a health issue.. ie breast implants, nose jobs, face lifts, etc etc etc..)

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    Born a man. Surgery and hormones doesn't change that. All for guys that don't want to act like a stereotypical male.. but getting cut up and messing with body chemistry doesn't change a male from a male.

Totally respect your right to do whatever makes you happy, I just personally don't feel it's the way to do it (I disagree with all surgeries that don't address a health issue.. ie breast implants, nose jobs, face lifts, etc etc etc..)
    MTF transsexuals aren't born men, they're born women in a man's body. Well, in most cases. There are scientific explanations. Whether or not you believe that is up to you.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Female - straight - NO.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Female, straight, nope. But only because I consider a MTF transsexual to be a woman in all important senses (and, being straight, that's not the way I roll). =)

At an earlier date in my life, I'd have had issues with it, due to wanting children.

At this stage of my life, I'm past the age of wanting more children (don't want to be in my 60's with a kid in college ) so it'd be less of an issue for me, but now I'm married and quite happy...

So I guess the answer you're looking for from me is "Male - Straight - No."

Male - Straight - Never.

Female - bisexual - yes.

Male - straight - no.

However, I've read a couple of great science-fiction books that made it seem plausible, primarily because the conversion technology was so advanced that it was difficult to tell that the original gender was male. Both are great books, and the sex change stuff isn't even central to the story in either case:

When Gravity Fails, by George Alec Effinger
    and
    Steel Beach, by John Varley

Both books are top-notch writing by very good science-fiction writers. If you like science-fiction, these books are essential reading.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123