+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do women like confident guys?

Hah! I like you fine, bluevette. You are just wrong about politics and I don't like your stolen signature.

:-)

But I think you are right about Hayward...
    Last edited by shh!; 09-11-05 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Hah! I like you fine, bluevette. You are just wrong about politics and I don't like your stolen signature.

But I think you are right about Hayward...

Hayward loves me, he just does'nt know it yet.

STOLEN SIG???????????

You are probably the only person on here that knows were that came from, which gives you a few points in my book!
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

You never responded to the thread I started in honor of your signature, so I believe you are less chivalrous than you claim.

I looked, but never found the thread, please point it to me.
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Did a search, found it, you will be surprised.

After all SHHH, I think you fancy me a bit?

HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Au contraire! It is George Clooney that I fancy. However, I see you changed your signature to something still stolen, but less identifiable, for which I thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Au contraire! It is George Clooney that I fancy.
    Didn't he just get into a fight over in London?

Did he? I didn't think he was the brawling-sort of guy... Maybe you are thinking of Russell Crowe?

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4409940.stm[/url]

"In a statement, 44-year-old Clooney said he "did not get into a fight", but was coming to the aid of a woman he believed was being mistreated. "

What a class act. I love him even more now!

You believe that? He was probably hitting on some married lady and her man stopped it. then he spins it as he's helping her out. Puhleeaase.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    Wayward Hayward is on the right track here, Confidence, in my understanding applies to your ability to deal with whatever situation you are in. Be it a traffic stop, tests, women, life, whatever. How you thread yourself for each of life's encounters.

Security is a self image idea, in my opinion. Security, or "self secure" is the image you have of yourself, or of which you feel others imagine you, or perceive you. Basically, what you think of yourself, and what you think, others think of you. Sadly, we tend to beat ourselves up, thus also imagining that others see us as we then see ourselves.

I think total security is knowing that not everyone has to like you, and that not every one will, but most of the people you encounter, or go through life with will. So, instead of trying to "fit in" or live afraid of what someone might think of you is really cheating yourself out of opportunity and experience.

This can be applied to many walks of life, but since we are focused on the interpersonal relationships with male/female, lets stick to that.

For me, I believe I am a nice person, funny, and allot of people, family, friends etc, love me (I know SHH/Hayward - hard to believe) : ) and that if one girl that I approach tells me to shove it, big deal, her loss. But being afraid of a stranger's opinion of me is not going to affect my life.
    Good post 'vette. I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    You believe that? He was probably hitting on some married lady and her man stopped it. then he spins it as he's helping her out. Puhleeaase.
    Nice spin, Lloyd! My true love would never behave that way. I'm sure some drunken SOB was upset and making a scene because his girl actually liked George better, and George came to her defense. Yay!! Should George Clooney ever be hitting on me and my husband intervene, well... god help my husband, because I would help George kick his @ss. There should be at least one freebie, can't-say-no celebrity for everyone!

Tone Guest
    ahahaha that's a great mental picture, shh!

If you don't like a confident guy who stands up for himself and respects himself, then what is the alternative? A guy who has no self respect, is clingy, is a pushover, is a victim of the situation? Why wouldn't a girl like a confident man over the non confident man?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast