+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Words from her dad...

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    What outlook? Is there a part of my post you didn't read or something? I've been nothing but respectful to him.
    I am fine. I've read the whole thread. I was just trying to view it from all sides..your side, the father's side and the girlfriend's side and then present what I think they could be feeling. I know that is not possible so there is not much help anyone can give you other than that.

I understand that this is a rant post. Maybe I should give up.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When you dump this girl, tell her dad how tight and warm her pretty pink pussy was. Just for fun, to see if you can survive. You might not, but I imagine it would be a good challenge

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't understand what behavior you are displaying that provokes him. I mean, people don't generally openly insult people unless they are mentally ill. Is he mentally ill? An alcoholic? Drug addict? If not, I would seriously examine your own behavior. there might be something going on that you hadn't really thought about before.
    It hasn't gotten bad. But it hasn't gotten better. He says stuff without thinking and it comes off as insulting. It's not like he calls me a dickhead. He just says stuff without thinking.

I've done nothing. Most of the time I hang out with them it's when her other family is around too, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, sister... all of them like me. Dad is just the unreasonable one atm.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    When you dump this girl, tell her dad how tight and warm her pretty pink pussy was. Just for fun, to see if you can survive. You might not, but I imagine it would be a good challenge
    Well, considering I won't be dumping her, it'll be a scenario I'll never have to live through.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It hasn't gotten bad. But it hasn't gotten better. He says stuff without thinking and it comes off as insulting. It's not like he calls me a dickhead. He just says stuff without thinking.

I've done nothing. Most of the time I hang out with them it's when her other family is around too, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, sister... all of them like me. Dad is just the unreasonable one atm.
    Perhaps you are being too sensitive, then. Can you give us an example of what you say is insulting or offensive?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

For the record, like lesa mentioned, this was simply a rant post. And it surprisingly helped.

Thanks for the different perspectives all.

I'll just let time go by and see what happens... see if his opinion changes at all. He's at times said good things, so who knows anymore..
    Last edited by Cain; 16-06-08 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    f*ck that shit. I would seriously laugh at a parent if he or she told me no guy will ever be good enough for their daughter. I'm probably too good for most girls.
    lol...that's true. Most girls will never bench as much as you!

Me on the other hand...I've seen girls bench more than me. Another reason I prefer running and biking, lol.

But back on subject. My ex's dad was a real hard ass and he'd always try and pull inappropriate jokes and stuff on me. The best thing to do is laugh them off, and be friendly. Don't let it bother you either. What that does is prove them wrong. If you become an asshole if they're being rude to you, you're basically just proving to them that you will do the same to their daughter. Don't take offense to what he says, he's a protective dad. I have a feeling I'm going to be as well. I'm overly protective with my sister.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good advice, joe.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The problem is her dad says shit without thinking. I'm not going to go over there if he's going to be a prick to me.
    Sounds just like a guy who makes comments about carpet in bathrooms w/o knowing the whole story.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

my grandfather, who's a wwII vet and POW surviver, with major ptsd and paranoid schizophrenia was known to take his rifle out and shoot people in the knees for messing around with his kids, nieces, and nephews. thankfully he never had a daughter because i'm sure he would've made a lot more bodies turn cold.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Sounds just like a guy who makes comments about carpet in bathrooms w/o knowing the whole story.
    It doesn't matter what the story was. All I said was that I hadn't seen bathrooms with carpet in it. Was I supposed to say? It's not like I said: "Haha! What kind of loser puts carpet in a bathroom?"

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not like I said: "Haha! What kind of loser puts carpet in a bathroom?"
    But I bet you did, tho you probably don't realize it. >80% of communication is how you say it, not the actual words.

Cain, sometimes I despair for you.... perhaps someone else will explain.

Have you considered something like valium? Or mbe slightly less coffee?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

hot head needs cool water.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    But I bet you did, tho you probably don't realize it. >80% of communication is how you say it, not the actual words.

Cain, sometimes I despair for you.... perhaps someone else will explain.

Have you considered something like valium? Or mbe slightly less coffee?

I'd definitely love for someone to explain it then. I'm not stupid. I know how I say things and what I say. My girlfriend mentioned the situation to her mom and grandma and they knew exactly what I meant. She even told me that her dad takes things out of proportion sometimes... she was there when I said it.

I'd definitely love for someone to explain it then. I'm not stupid. I know how I say things and what I say. My girlfriend mentioned the situation to her mom and grandma and they knew exactly what I meant. She even told me that her dad takes things out of proportion sometimes... she was there when I said it.

Cain, a lot of people here enjoy trying to reason you out of your so-called "delusional I'm-in-love-and-I'm-blind-to-the-truth" world..

It's bullshit.
    I take your word for everything you say, that's what you're supposed to do. Work with him, people. Don't just try to explain every other (usually negative) possibility.

In my opinion, you should be firm with the father. There's nothing else you can do but try and be more mature/tolerant than him. It will send him to a thinking-zone in his spare time, and it will either end up complimenting you, or making him realize he needs to lighten up.

Trust me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast