+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: possibly more than a crush on a teacher...

So you don't see things going anywhere with a 26 year-old waiter you made out with, but you do with your 50 year-old ex-teacher?? Sheeeeeeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachusgirl

I mean is it wrong for me to just hang out with him as a peer-friend relationship?
    No, but unfortunately, it's impossible. He is not your peer. I think you should wallow in this fun crush, but just keep reminding yourself that crushes are 90% fantasy, and confusing them with reality is a dumb thing to do.

Big crushes are great, though. Best drug on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    crushes are 90% fantasy, and confusing them with reality is a dumb thing to do.

Big crushes are great, though. Best drug on the planet.
    100% agree Gigabitch, when i was at School i used to have a major crush on this one teacher and well i wont go in to any further detail but i made of the mistake of confusing reality with fantasy, actually started to try and pick her up, big mistake.

im afraid that whilst he is your teacher and you're his student its illegal, you can get expelled and he can get sacked (i think thats the situatuation)

and, to be honest, as im sure you know already, 18-50 is a biiiiig gap

Yeah, crushes are the shit!
    I can't help, but think/hope that this will go further... I have had many reality checks lately were I say "I'm going to stop liking him" or "this is just a crush, he's my techer three times my age!!!"
    and then the next day I'm wondering if 7 (am) to early to call him...
    It is like a drug, that I can't seem to kick!
    Isn't it written somewhere how to get rid of crushes? Because if I have to rely on myself... then I'm screwed... and not in a good way!
    This teacher shows more interest in me than the waiter... trust me I wish it was the other way around... that waiter is HOT!
    =(

I'm a veteran of intense, keep-you-awake-at-night crushes. Here's what I have to share:

1. This crush is really about you, not about him. He is a transferred piece of yourself. The man actually has no power over you- he's basically a game you're playing with yourself, and you have to believe that someday you will see that. I promise you will.

2. Unless he's an extrordinarily empathetic person, he has no idea how his actions will affect you and your mental state. You know how high he makes you feel? He can also make you feel low to that degree- so watch out. Your first priority is to protect yourself. He could grind you into dust without even meaning to hurt you at all.

3. Acts of expression need not necessarily involve him. Make a compilation CD (do not give it to him), write love letters (do not send them), sing out loud (do not let him hear you). Be firm. Put yourself on restriction. You will NOT call him.

4. Closure is important. Not now, though. Don't let someone talk you into pouring your heart out to him in an attempt to "get it out of your system". Do it next year.

Here's the thing: if the almost 50 year old teacher is showing interest in his 18-year-old student, that's really inappropriate. It's the behavior of an emotionally irresponsible person. What does he think he's doing?

I have been reading this thread since it started and I am going to have to agree with a majority of the people who have posted.....First there is way too big of an age gap for anything to really happen and actually go somewhere. Second, I think that just about everyone has had a crush on a teacher once in their life but most of us realize that it is just a crush and that there isn't more that can come of it.

Lastly...We have a teacher at our school who her first year teaching there was a guy who was a senior. When he graduated they started dating and now they are married. The first problem is that not too many people respect this teacher anymore because she is married to a former student and second he is now cheating on her because he wants someone younger. The kicker is she is only 4 years older...let alone like almost 30 years. If anything was to happen not only would it reflect on him but it can also reflect on you. I say you just need to realize that it is only a crush and that you should go for the 26 year old....he is more your age.

can't...roll...my... eyes...back...far...enough...

well, he's a perverted old man and you're acting like a little slut.

perfect match if you ask me!!!

pikachusgirl, I think we have sum it all very nice for you.
    No love or crush can last forever, only ups and downs can keep friendships alive. Going out with your 50 y old teacher because you have a crush, yah it's good and nice for first few days...marry and live with him for the rest of your life. Day in and day out...you may have to carry his cane when he reaches 80.

I think you're just bored and have no one to hang around with...so your mind decided you need a crush on somebody...you think of your teacher...sure you have had a crush on him once, now the same thoughts you have are manifesting and it's getting stronger the more you think about him...

yah it happens like that when you're in love, especially when you are around him because he can make you feel special, happy and interesting.

Remedy for you pikachusgirl is a vacation, it's summer now, hope you didn't take any summer classes... find a travel agency and go on a tour atleast 3 days with people...this will definitely get your mind of the teacher. When you're with the tour...don't forget to bring your digital camera with lots of Gigs and take lots and lots of pictures...people, places, nature, scenery etc, make it like a project and try learn something. I gurantee that this will get your mind of anybody. When you come back share it only with us or the people you've met on the tour, friends and family but not the one.

Try it! Hope you don't give excuses anymore cause we're only goin' round circles.

You have to go places and do things in order to be absent minded of somebody, you can't just be in the person's vicinity and try to avoid him...difficult to work this way and usually ineffective.

Take one of the advice posted and try it out, don't just sit around your PC and only think about them.

Go out and have fun, don't sit at home cause it's only going to make you think of him. Good luck!
    Last edited by anhmaimaiyeuvn; 12-07-06 at 10:45 AM.

Thank you guys! A majority of what you guys are saying are helpful things, especially the last thing you said Gigabitch! I could relate to a lot of what you had to say and it really seemed to fill in the spaces.
    I would take a trip if I could, but with no money or means of transportation... it makes it hard.

...and thank you misombra for calling me a slut... EXCELLENT!!!

Thanx everybody, I guess it's now the test of time. Maybe I'll crack... maybe I wont. I'll keep you guys posted incase I need more help... I guess, unless I'm boring you all... in which case, sorry!

love all your advice and I thank everyone who said something.

no problem. anytime.

she gets a crush on a 50 year old man and that makes her a slut? way to help her!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot
    she gets a crush on a 50 year old man and that makes her a slut? way to help her!
    She gets a crush on a 50 year old man and we call her a slut and then you critisize our methods? Way to help her!

Now go away.

Slut.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachusgirl
    ...and thank you misombra for calling me a slut... EXCELLENT!!!
    Am I the only one that read that and said, "wow.. That sounds like the average person today"?

i didn't call her a slut people. i said she was acting like one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123